LOST Episode 2.15 "Maternity Leave"

duey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it make more sense that the disguises are more to "blend in" then to disassociate?  I mean that these others are military or scientific in nature... and therefore have access to sanitary conditions that appear in the hatch(Water, baths, etc), so they use the disguises to make it look like they have been stranded also.

616131[/snapback]

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I really wonder when anyone is going to go back to explore that facility some more. I don't like the fact that days go by after really important things. An example is why isn't anyone at least talking about what happened to Walt, let alone go look for him or Michael. I think Michael is going to become the next Rousseau. She is wandering the island looking for her daughter. I'm surprised that she hasn't seen Michael.

Anyone else wonder where on the island or airplane claire found the eyeliner and makeup for yesterdays episode. Libby, danielle and kate looked normal, claire looked all done up.

616565[/snapback]

Kate looks so much better going sans makeup...same with Libby.

And I have to say that I thought Claire's performance was pretty over the top last night...just a touch of overacting.

I wonder who knocked up Sun...and don't look at me! I was too busy with the ranch dressing! ;)

Anyone else wonder where on the island or airplane claire found the eyeliner and makeup for yesterdays episode. Libby, danielle and kate looked normal, claire looked all done up.

616565[/snapback]

Maybe she made a deal with Sawyer, he runs the 7-11 on the island. Looks like next episode he's peddling home pregnancy tests.

Kate looks so much better going sans makeup...same with Libby.

And I have to say that I thought Claire's performance was pretty over the top last night...just a touch of overacting.

I wonder who knocked up Sun...and don't look at me!  I was too busy with the ranch dressing!  :doh:

616689[/snapback]

Well, according to Soprano's sources deep within, Walt is the father of Sun's child.

OK, so I've been a little disappointed with the quality of the Lost discussion this week after such a good episode. It was a huge discovery for us to find out the Others are just dressing up and playing the part and not really stranded on the island like the Lostaways. It appears they are doing some kind of experiment on them, psychological and physical, however there are still some major questions. I'm trying to figure out if they haven't been discussed because they are being overlooked or because there just hasn't been much discussion. Three things popped into my head after this week's episode:

1) If the other/dharma are doing some sort of experiment they still need to get the Lostaways there somehow. Do you think they are somehow involved in getting the plane to crash? If so, how do you make sure people survive? If not, do they just sit on this island waiting for planes to crash?

2) The black smoke. A lot can be explained after discovering the others/dharma have their own hatch and their own place to live, but the black smoke is hard to explain? Do we think this is independent of them or controlled somehow by them?

3) The number of Others/Dharma that have died. So far Ethan, the guy A-L killed whose name I can't remember and the two eko killed have all died. Is there an endless supply of these people? Could the others have expected this? Is this a willing sacrifice for them? Sawyer's got a shitload of guns, many more could die, are they prepared for this?

I hope this gets some discussion going. I know I had more questions/comments. I may watch again this weekend.

OK, so I've been a little disappointed with the quality of the Lost discussion this week after such a good episode.  It was a huge discovery for us to find out the Others are just dressing up and playing the part and not really stranded on the island like the Lostaways.  It appears they are doing some kind of experiment on them, psychological and physical, however there are still some major questions.  I'm trying to figure out if they haven't been discussed because they are being overlooked or because there just hasn't been much discussion.  Three things popped into my head after this week's episode: 

1)  If the other/dharma are doing some sort of experiment they still need to get the Lostaways there somehow.  Do you think they are somehow involved in getting the plane to crash?  If so, how do you make sure people survive?  If not, do they just sit on this island waiting for planes to crash? 

2)  The black smoke.  A lot can be explained after discovering the others/dharma have their own hatch and their own place to live, but the black smoke is hard to explain?  Do we think this is independent of them or controlled somehow by them? 

3)  The number of Others/Dharma that have died.  So far Ethan, the guy A-L killed whose name I can't remember and the two eko killed have all died.  Is there an endless supply of these people?  Could the others have expected this?  Is this a willing sacrifice for them?  Sawyer's got a shitload of guns, many more could die, are they prepared for this?

I hope this gets some discussion going.  I know I had more questions/comments.  I may watch again this weekend.

618049[/snapback]

Those are really interesting questions. I have missed a couple of episodes but wanted to give a couple of opinions to see what people thought. Please don't be too hard on me if I state the obvious or something really stupid. :D

1) Do we know for sure when the others go there? Who's to say that they picked up a radio feed and just showed up? They have a boat and all we know is the island is somewhere between LA and Sydney. Maybe Danielle is involved somehow. And are all the Others Americans?

2) I have no idea what the black smoke is. Could it be a gas leak and the survivors just imagine what they are seeing? Like that one Simpsons episode?

3) Many organizations have people, unfortunately, who believe strongly in something and are willingly to die. However, I just think they truly just underestimated the survivors.

Well, I guess I didn't really answer anything. Oh well, I tried. Good questions though. :lol:

I have seen every episode and for the life of me can't remember how Ethan died. (Did he die?). Last I remember, he hung Charlie and almost killed him. Someone jog my memory here, please?

618278[/snapback]

He was captured and Charlie shot him.

Did anyone catch the mobile in the baby's room? It had 4 passenger jets!

The fact that the 'others' have apparent advanced medical equipment, and a probable means to be resupplied, leads me to believe that the island is not just a base for social experiments, but the center of some cult. They are too organized.

Did anyone catch the mobile in the baby's room?  It had 4 passenger jets!

The fact that the 'others' have apparent advanced medical equipment, and a probable means to be resupplied,  leads me to believe that the island is not just a base for social experiments, but the center of some cult.  They are too organized.

618326[/snapback]

Yep. I was also wondering if the patterning on the plane was the Oceanic colors, but I couldn't see it ultra-clearly. Was hoping someone else could shed light, but I forgot to pose the question.... To me, I think that this element was there shows that the Others had a direct involvement in the crash and bringing these specific people.

But, if it were a Matrix-like experiment, I don't see why 'Zeke'/Mr. Friendly would have confronted Ethan in the hallway, which gave Claire pause with what he said/how he said it. Also, they would know about (who we're lead to be is) Alex letting Claire go.

Another question I have is, what caused Claire to be willing to give the Others her baby? Was it the drugs? Was it that she did not want the responsibility? I ask this mostly b/c, even after she knew they were bad people, she was calling out to Ethan. And, having just rewatched S1 during the repeats/layoff, keep in mind her flashback ep last season, interstingly titled "Raised By Another" --> Raised by An Other? She was ready to give Aaron away before the psychic told her that Bad Things would happen if she didn't raise him. He 'found a couple in LA' (but really, he knew the plane would crash), but I don't know if it was more b/c she believed in the psychic than she wanted to get rid of the baby. Anyone understand the course of thought I'm on here?

And EZC, I also was expecting more and better commentary from this ep, but I can't complain b/c I didn't put much into it myself. Tho, with only over-the-air antenna, I have no chance to go back and watch things again, which was a must for this ep even moreso than others.