A little strange......

sven233

I think is is a little strange that Moulds is still here........

I mean, there have been 3 releases today, granted not completely surprising, but the 1 guy that has had his foot out the door for the longest is still here. Could there be something in the works?

Doubt it, but I suppose it is possible. With that being said, I think he will be cut by tomorrow.

well, it could have something to do with the undeniable fact that this draft is weak at WR and strong, proven WRs are going to be in major demand. Maybe they work out a sign and trade. Maybe they keep Eric as #2. Who would take his place? Aiken?

What makes anyone think that the Bills would be able to out-bid other teams to retain some of the other FA WRs out there?

Keeping moulds might just be a strategically wise move. at least for now.

I mean, there have been 3 releases today, granted not completely surprising, but the 1 guy that has had his foot out the door for the longest is still here.  Could there be something in the works?

Doubt it, but I suppose it is possible.  With that being said, I think he will be cut by tomorrow.

615459[/snapback]

interesting perspective, i do wonder if we released all these players, why moulds wasnt one of them. i hope we can find a way to keep him.

I have a strange hunch that Moulds is staying...I don't have any "inside info" on this one, just the way things are playing out, it seems that the Bills must really be trying to accomodate Moulds. Not sure that Marv would think this way, but Moulds is the last link to his coaching days...Marv seems pretty sentimental!

Boy I wish Soprano3695 was here to answer all of our questions... :unsure:  :P

615590[/snapback]

Don't need him. Marv said they're still working toward an agreement.

Even if you do have to release him, why not hang on until the last possible moment? Some other team cutting receivers could well change Mould's situation and value, giving some leverage to the Bill's management?

Maybe Marv justs wants to give Eric his own goodbye day because he's meant a lot more to the organization than the underachievers we just released.

615584[/snapback]

If Thurman, Andre and Bruce didn't get their own goodbye days....E Moulds sure as hell shouldn't. :unsure:

I like what Moulds has done for the team over the years but after all the cuts today, I'll be pissed if he's still around and counting anything more than 3 or 4 million against the cap (impossible?). If they're choppin away, chop him too and save another 5.5 mill.

I mean, there have been 3 releases today, granted not completely surprising, but the 1 guy that has had his foot out the door for the longest is still here.  Could there be something in the works?

Maybe there's nothing in the works, but Marv has just been reading my posts on TBD and now understands why it makes sense to keep him!

JDG

Well you know what they say, four wrongs don't make a right. Plus, I think Levy has a little more class.

615818[/snapback]

Uhhh John... Marv was a part of that regime that waived those guys...