Milloy and Campbell released.

IBTG81

Losing Campbell isnt that big of a deal (plus we get a million bucks back in salary cap space).

I'm a bit surprised at Milloy though...that means we NEED to go out and find a replacement because Coy Wire is...is...*shudder*

Although according to Clumpy, cutting Milloy saves us 2.5 million bucks. So today's cuts gives us 5.5 million more bucks worth to play with in free agency. And I'm using Clumpy's numbers, not ESPN's which seem to be guesstimating.

Hmmm, maybe they are trying to find a way to keep Eric.  some last minute discussions?  *praying*

615435[/snapback]

I do not get the fascination with EM on this board, trust me there are better options out there than a 32 year old WR whose ypc has decreased every year since 1998. If anything, these moves (Milloy, Adams, Campbell) say "Move on and get younger." EM has never led us to anything and the QB excuse is just that.

Flame on...

AP-Buffalo: Today Coy Wire held a press conference stating he was looking forward to being the Bills starting Strong Safety. "I'd like to thank Marv Levy for this opportunity, and I look forward to helping out the Bills organization, especially on passing downs."

AP-Buffalo: Today Coy Wire held a press conference stating he was looking forward to being the Bills starting Strong Safety. "I'd like to thank Marv Levy for this opportunity, and I look forward to helping out the Bills organization, especially on passing downs."

615451[/snapback]

:unsure::P:doh:

615451[/snapback]

Coy Wire in a cover 2 :unsure: I hope they draft someone or bring in someone. Anyone but Coy Wire.

Although according to Clumpy, cutting Milloy saves us 2.5 million bucks.  So today's cuts gives us 5.5 million more bucks worth to play with in free agency.  And I'm using Clumpy's numbers, not ESPN's which seem to be guesstimating.

Accorinding to Clump, the moves today save the Bills $6M (Adams and Milloy-$2.5, Campbell-$1). But other reports were that Adams saved the Bills $3.5M. So it COULD be $7M.

losing milloy is not a big deal.

how many big plays did he make in buffalo? I mean AFTER his first game in buffalo when he knew the patriots' plan?

3, I think. In 3 seasons.

But campbell is a surprise. well liked from all that I could tell, and tough as nails. Seemed to be quite a Marv guy. DIdn't block real well but wasn't a liability either.

must be a cap thing.

I think Rashad Baker could play SS in the Cover 2 D.

615469[/snapback]

Don't forget they played Jim Leonard in the last few games a bit and I think they may like his tenacity. Not that much smaller tahn Milloy and a whole lot younger. Based on the number of times Milloy got steamrolled last year I'm not surprised.

Either way the safety issue was going to need to be addressed. Whether thru the draft or free agency. It just means no matter who we draft at ss will have to play sooner. I'm still holding out hope vincent gets cut, but I guess they figure they need one veteran presence in the secondary. Not suprised by cement shoes Campbell getting cut. Good riddance to him.

In terms of Milloy's replacement...Adam Archuleta and Chris Hope are both UFAs.

Other SS of note who are UFAs:

Marlon McCree (has played both FS and SS)

Corey Chavous

Tank Williams

615458[/snapback]

Ill tell you right now ill take Tank Williams over Coy Wire.

615451[/snapback]

Josh Reed will be cut or has he already? WTF do we keep Wire?! :unsure:

Josh Reed is a free agent

Coy's being kept for his special teams ability I guess. Plus his salary isn't very high. I guess we're having some competion between Baker, Leohnard and Wire. At least we know Wire will lose that

Josh Reed is a free agent

Coy's being kept for his special teams ability I guess. Plus his salary isn't very high. I guess we're having some competion between Baker, Leohnard and Wire. At least we know Wire will lose that

615532[/snapback]

:unsure: I supsect other people will be brought in but damn baker, leonhard and wire, that just sounds well not very good. Baker imo the best of the bunch, which isn't saying much.

Is this an idication the Bills may be going after Huff with the 8th pick?

615521[/snapback]

I'd say it's an indication we are going after Huff (or J. Williams), Ngata or VD. :unsure:

I'd say it's an indication we are going after Huff (or J. Williams), Ngata or VD.  :unsure:

615545[/snapback]

At this point and probably even more evident in the time leading up to the draft, we'd be better off taking best player available, out of the 3 you listed. I'd go vernon davis/Ngata/Huff

Are you kidding?  Wow.the Ax has come out.

I wont recognize this team next year....unless we go 4-12, then I might.

615432[/snapback]

Say what??? They cut Williams, Adams, Milloy and Campbell, and this loses the identity of the team for you??

You ever heard of Lee Evans, Willis McGahee, Takeo Spikes, Terrence McGee and London Fletcher??

Williams had to go, Adams and Milloy are starting to show their age and are the Bills really going to miss Campbell?? Doubt they will.