What happens to us if Cutler goes first?

ndirish1978

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9269708

Just wondering. How would that affect us. Seriously Im getting tired about people insisting we MUST only take a DT/OL. The board has not had a correct consensus on who we would pick in recent memory. Couple of questions:

1-would you be willing to trade up for Young? he's raw but has much more promise that Losman

2-Should we really risk taking another high pick OL?

3-Ngata is good. How does he stack up to other DTs in recent memory?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for taking young, but I am tired of throwing away our 2nd rounders every year to move up. I like the idea of having multiple shots in a draft, vs having to bet the farm on one player. I can't help but think that marv and Jauron have their eyes on all 3 of those QB's. And if Young or Leinart fell, which probably wont happen, the Bills would take them.

I do believe Losman can be/is a good QB. Mularkey handled his rookie QB like a rookie coach. Really, its a little too bad that Troy Vincent had to bust his leg up in yr 1, hence setting back the development of Losman. Losman can win games. So with that said, i like the idea of keeping Losmantrading down a few spots if at all possible and picking up an extra 1st or early 2nd rounder.

"The ONLY guy you trade up for in this draft is D'BRICK. PERIOD."

Blind faith= blind ignorance. How's that Mike Williams pick going for you. Stussy, I dont know what you're seeing in Losman. I didnt see anything at all from him all year that indicated he could ever be good.

How's that Mike Williams pick going for you.

612676[/snapback]

What the hell does D'Brickshaw have to do with Mike Williams? So we should never draft another tackle high in the draft because of Mike Williams? Now that is ignorant.

Blind faith= blind ignorance. How's that Mike Williams pick going for you. Stussy, I dont know what you're seeing in Losman. I didnt see anything at all from him all year that indicated he could ever be good.

612676[/snapback]

KC game... You also have to keep in mind the playcalling. The QB is only as good as the guy calling the plays. We had Tom Clements, and mike mularkey calling plays. We would abandon the run game in the 2nd half.

2 games that stand out to me for JP as having a game where all cylinders are firing and the playcalling was right is @Miami, and home vs KC.

ACor, the ignorance is being convinced there is no other way to go. I asked the question so people could discuss, not lobby for one person. Though I do enjoy your suggestion of.... oh yeah no one.

612689[/snapback]

Who got your irish up today? You ask a question and then pounce on anyone who may have a different thought, then you want discussion, then you belittle. Go back to bed.

And no, I do not want the Bills to pick a QB in round 1. O-line--nobody worth the #8 pick, DB prolly a good value pick, D-line--again, not sure anyone is worth #8. That leaves a DB or a trade down.

612676[/snapback]

You seem to imply that is the guy I wanted with the 4th overall pick a few years ago.......Well, actually, I din't want him at all. I was very upset when this guy was drafted.

So, before you run your mouth, make sure you know what you are talking about.

And, no pick is a sure thing. But, ACCORDING TO EVERYBODY, this is as close to a "sure thing" as you can get. Maybe watch some tape on the guy first as well. Develop your own opinion about him instead of just guessing. Many scouts not only have him the best LT in the draft, but the BEST player in the draft!

Now, I am not saying that we should trade up to get him...I am jst saying that he would be the only guy worth trading up for. That's all.

I have watched a lot of this guy, so to say this "blind faith" you really don't know what you are talking about.

KC game...  You also have to keep in mind the playcalling.  The QB is only as good as the guy calling the plays.  We had Tom Clements, and mike mularkey calling plays.  We would abandon the run game in the 2nd half.

2 games that stand out to me for JP as having a game where all cylinders are firing and the playcalling was right is @Miami, and home vs KC.

612686[/snapback]

I wouldn't forget no-huddle in the Carolina game. Looked really good till our "conditioning program" victimized Willis and co.

612676[/snapback]

Yeah....please don't draft the guys named

1. Orlando Pace

2. Jonathan Ogden

3. Tony Boselli

too.....

KC game...  You also have to keep in mind the playcalling.  The QB is only as good as the guy calling the plays.  We had Tom Clements, and mike mularkey calling plays.  We would abandon the run game in the 2nd half.

612686[/snapback]

I also think he played pretty well against the Panthers only to be let down

by his defense in the 4th qtr....

1-would you be willing to trade up for Young? he's raw but has much more promise that Losman

612659[/snapback]

1-no, why would you say young as more promise, because he can run? you know nothing about his mechanics or accuracy, or what he knows on how to read defenses, nobody does.

2-what do you mean risk taking ANOTHER o-line high, like we do this all the time or something. mike williams was how many years ago, and then ruben was how many years before that

3-i really dont see what other DT's in the past have anything to do with how good Ngata will be

612659[/snapback]

1: Young shows more promise than Losman? Based on what? His performance in the National Championship game? Seriously...what are you basing his "potential" on? Several NFL scouts feel Young doesn't have an NFL arm, never mind his alleged score of 5 on the Wonderlic test!

2: Every player you draft high is a risk. In fact there have been more dud QBs drafted in Round 1 than O-linemen.

3: I have no answer on Ngata. I am not a draft nerd.

PTR

I <3 Vince.

BTW PTR, its confirmed that he DIDN'T score a 5 on the Wonderlic test.

613179[/snapback]

I did say "alleged"...that gives me an out.

But you know, none of this really matters because the Bills WILL NOT draft Young, Linehart, Cutler, Doug Flutie, or Joe Montana. Better just accept it now and save yourself the heartache.

PTR