Pats release Starks, would be better than

JStranger76

Would be a solid nickle guy. Yeah, yeah, boo hoo, another Pats castoff. Well, he hurt his shoulder as was placed on IR in November. He can still run, and would give us another vereran instead of a younger guy totally cluless back there. He's 31 so still could play a few more years at a good level. He'd be a lower cost signing that could payoff nicely...........

He'd be in a circumstance that doesn't play to his strengths, and that's when he's healthy. In his prime, he was a pretty good press cover corner, and that was when Baltimore could bring a nasty pass rush led by guys like Boulware and McCreary. Playing more zone or cover 2, as he tried to do in Arizona, he's just not as effective.

I'd pass.

Probably right R. Rich. I sure wouldn't mind bringing in a better 3rd corner somehow this offseason though. He'd still be better than who we currently have and wouldn't be a starter. Plus, he'd probably come cheap. Hey, the often injured Ahmad Plumber was released by the 9ers. Might not fit the cover two either though. More of a man coverage type and maybe too slow as well.

Would be a solid nickle guy. Yeah, yeah, boo hoo, another Pats castoff. Well, he hurt his shoulder as was placed on IR in November. He can still run, and would give us another vereran instead of a younger guy totally cluless back there. He's 31 so still could play a few more years at a good level. He'd be a lower cost signing that could payoff nicely...........

612583[/snapback]

Ummm, no

612583[/snapback]

Not for anything more than the veteran minimum, and I doubt he'd come here for that. Can't stay healthy, and got toasted several times last season (Denver and San Diego games immediately come to mind.) Not exactly a fan favorite in New England, either, although they didn't know until his surgery how messed up that shoulder really was. Not one of the better trades by the Belichick/Pioli regime...

I'm more concerned about STARTERS than depth right now. As long as the Bills can work something out with Clements (or he at least agrees to sign the franchise tender), we're OK at nickel even if Kevin Thomas never makes it back.

JMO.