WIVB: Eric Moulds' agent says NO Pay Cut!

Mike32282

Trade him to...whom?  You don't think teams know that if he doesn't take a paycut, he'll be cut anyway?

611404[/snapback]

The 49er's fans are drooling at the possibility of Moulds - visit their board - the Eagles would probably like a replacement for T.O. - and there are lots of other candidates.

I don't think you just cut a guy like Moulds without getting anything in return - this isn't Bledsoe we're talkin' about here. Also, trades have been executed contingent upon players agreeing to restructure their contracts.

That said, I think there'll be a lot of pre-negotiation posturing going on, but it's just posturing. Moulds has a sense of loyalty, and he's not stupid - he knows he won't get $5M on the open market. I still think he'll be a Bill this Fall.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD i am very glad! i want eric cut and that makes it a whole lot easier to part with this lost a step whiner!..................jp dosnt know i am open or how to throw a ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i am better than lee evans even though lee caught 3 td's from that horrible qb already....and when the game is on the line say in new england i'll just get called for a offensive pass interference call because i lost a step and i cant get open on my talent anymore lol lol lol bye bye eric dont forget to clean out your locker....................go bills in'06

The 49er's fans are drooling at the possibility of Moulds - visit their board - the Eagles would probably like a replacement for T.O. - and there are lots of other candidates.

The fans can drool themselves into a swimming pool. It doesn't mean that a) their teams' front offices would trade for him and his contract and b) that Moulds would want to play for that team.

I don't think you just cut a guy like Moulds without getting anything in return - this isn't Bledsoe we're talkin' about here.  Also, trades have been executed contingent upon players agreeing to restructure their contracts.

That said, I think there'll be a lot of pre-negotiation posturing going on, but it's just posturing.  Moulds has a sense of loyalty, and he's not stupid - he knows he won't get $5M on the open market.  I still think he'll be a Bill this Fall.

I hope he's realistic and realizes the $4M the Bills are offering him is the best deal he'll get, plus he won't have any of the other headaches associated with going to another team. But again, the Bills CANNOT pay him $7.2M in new money this year and cannot restructure him to screw themselves further down the line.

I hope he's realistic and realizes the $4M the Bills are offering him is the best deal he'll get, plus he won't have any of the other headaches associated with going to another team.

611431[/snapback]

Choosing to go to a team that is a Super Bowl contender in 2006 instead of rebuilding with the Bills is going to be a real headache. :D

Choosing to go to a team that is a Super Bowl contender in 2006 instead of rebuilding with the Bills is going to be a real headache.  :D

So being on a SB contender would make it worth it? Or would a SB WINNER make it worth it? He's got a 1/32 chance of picking the right team, and probably making less doing so. Like I said, good luck to him.

Moulds is STILL a solid WR. It's not his fault the Bills QBing situation has sucked for the few years. You put Moulds on a solid offensive team and he will still cut up the top corners in the NFL. Say what you want but Moulds still has it and some team will pay him the money.

If this is the end Eric I hope you go to a winning team next year because I believe you deserve it! We better hope Eric Moulds ends up in the NFC cause he will tear us a new ass when he plays us.

611395[/snapback]

Exactly. The way this team let him be treated last year was sickening.

Exactly. The way this team let him be treated last year was sickening.

611447[/snapback]

how is it bad qb'ing when jp threw lee evans 3 touchdowns in the 1st quarter against miami last season and then eric benched himself because he threw a hissy fit?????????????come on be realistic...eric wants to be the man and he isnt anymore.he forced mike mularky to bench him..and this is supposed to be a veteren leader of your team?????????? no eric proved its all about him and not the team....the way eric treated jp and the team was sickening last year!

Moulds is STILL a solid WR. It's not his fault the Bills QBing situation has sucked for the few years. You put Moulds on a solid offensive team and he will still cut up the top corners in the NFL. Say what you want but Moulds still has it and some team will pay him the money.

If this is the end Eric I hope you go to a winning team next year because I believe you deserve it! We better hope Eric Moulds ends up in the NFC cause he will tear us a new ass when he plays us.

611395[/snapback]

well - he'll try -- for a while

until he drops a bunch of passes

and catches a few short of the 1st down marker

then decides to pack it in since the other WR is getting all of the attention.

he'd be great to have around if he didn't cost $10 mil.

Translation - Moulds isn't interested in playing for the Bills any more.

I can't say it's a big surprise after the events at the end of the year, but it was common to hear him mention how many different OCs and QBs he's been with and I'm sure he's not excited to play on a team that appears to be headed nowhere fast with a green or journeyman QB.

after cutting eric and mike, and if london restructures/maybe milloy too we have plenty of cap space now and in the future.

we should keep nate and sign bently and at least 2 more big men in FA (DT, DE, OG, OT whatever).

that and a good draft will make this team better than it was last year.

Unless Marv goes wild in free agency, we're in for a long year.

611408[/snapback]

You might be 100% correct Harv, but not because of dumping the likes of Moulds and Williams. They would NOT have been enough to put us over the top, and if we were to have kept them both, they would only serve to strangle us in the future in terms of cost/cap space.

One never developed, the other is all but washed up.

It's at the website.  Watch the News 4 at 6 video.

http://www.wivb.com/global/category.asp?c=1710

javascript:playVideo('695496', 'Sports%3A%20News%204%20at%206', 'v', 'Sport', '188800', 'Sport', '', '');

611352[/snapback]

I didn't get that from the video. As agent speak goes, that was as tame and moderate as you'll ever hear. I wouldn't start drawing any conclusions based on this. moulds might know that he can get 800K per year more in Philly or wherever, but he wouldn't have chosen to sign here five years ago if it wasn't worth it to him to be a Bill.

I think he'll be extended at 4 per over 3.

how is it bad qb'ing when jp threw lee evans 3 touchdowns in the 1st quarter against miami last season and then eric benched himself because he threw a hissy fit?????????????come on be realistic...eric wants to be the man and he isnt anymore.he forced mike mularky to bench him..and this is supposed to be a veteren leader of your team?????????? no eric proved its all about him and not the team....the way eric treated jp and the team was sickening last year!

611452[/snapback]

We don't really know what happened last year. It would appear Mularkey fugged up the team last year, the whole locker room was in shambles. That is the reason Mularkey quit no dbout.

Not really.  The Bills were in SERIOUS cap hell back in 2001.  This year they had about $5M in cap room going into the off-season.  The moves to be made are based on production, age, salary, and fit.  The Bills CANNOT justify paying a 33-year old WR with declining skills ~$7.2M in new money this year, when releasing him would save anywhere from $4.5M-$5.5M (depending on the source), which they could use towards a younger, cheaper, and just as good WR (at this stage of Moulds' career), plus towards another player.  And Moulds isn't the only player in this situation.

611412[/snapback]

im ready for TO. marvs "character wins" motto is not born out by the facts. if so, how is it a team full of attitude like the steelers beats the mild-mannered, chess playing seahawks in the super bowl? if anyone should know that this is BS you'd think it was marv, after getting whipped 2x in the super bowl by the cockiest NFL team ever, jimmy johnson's cowboys.

I think he'll be extended at 4 per over 3.

611501[/snapback]

Right now, he's scheduled to be paid 14.3 over 2.

I don't think he takes a $2M+ paycut and another year for free.

Here's how I think you could make it happen IF you still think he'll be good the next couple years.

im ready for TO.  marvs "character wins" motto is not born out by the facts.  if so, how is it a team full of attitude like the steelers beats the mild-mannered, chess playing seahawks in the super bowl?  if anyone should know that this is BS you'd think it was marv, after getting whipped 2x in the super bowl by the cockiest NFL team ever, jimmy johnson's cowboys.

611504[/snapback]

There was a time when Rodney Harrison was the dirtiest player in the NFL and Corey Dillon was the leagues premier whiner until they became distinguished Patriots. It's really hard to stock a quality roster with choir boys. Adversity may reveal character, but winning is a great way to keep it in check.

There was a time when Rodney Harrison was the dirtiest player in the NFL and Corey Dillon was the leagues premier whiner until they became distinguished Patriots.  It's really hard to stock a quality roster with choir boys.  Adversity may reveal character, but winning is a great way to keep it in check.

611590[/snapback]

well said!!!!