Drew Brees in a Bills Uniform

firstngoal

I would be pretty dissapointed. You could put anyone behind that offensive line and they would struggle if not fail.

I like Brees a lot but it would king of like building a shed in your yard before you built a house.

I would be pretty dissapointed. You could put anyone behind that offensive line and they would struggle if not fail.

I like Brees a lot but it would king of like building a shed in your yard before you built a house.

608103[/snapback]

Makes no sense, so dont take advantage of a premier top 10 QB becoming a FA?? That doesnt happen often. I agree with you on the O line issues, but if Brees can be had, had em. Trade JP for a third and keep Holcomb as a backup. Or keep JP until his contract runs out and then deal him. Brees would be a great addition , if healthy, and he would instantly make us better for the future and now. Get er done Marv!!!!

A high character guy that Marv likes and a possible free agent.  The only catch is what would you do with JP and Holcombe.  I dont want to give up on JP just yet but what the hell! :lol:

I doubt if this will happen.

Any thoughts? :lol:

608098[/snapback]

This was actually discussed on NFL radio today. Two teams they felt might go for Brees are Detroit and Buffalo. They felt that SD is making a major mistake letting him go but was some discussion about his injury but expectation that he will fully recover.

Makes no sense, so dont take advantage of a premier top 10 QB becoming a FA?? That doesnt happen often. I agree with you on the O line issues, but if Brees can be had, had em. Trade JP for a third and keep Holcomb as a backup. Or keep JP until his contract runs out and then deal him. Brees would be a great addition , if healthy, and he would instantly make us better for the future and now. Get er done Marv!!!!

608239[/snapback]

You actually think you can get a 3rd for JP?

Trading anything for a QB that isn't Peyton Manning caliber with our team needs is stupid.

A high character guy that Marv likes and a possible free agent.  The only catch is what would you do with JP and Holcombe.  I dont want to give up on JP just yet but what the hell! :lol:

I doubt if this will happen.

Any thoughts? :lol:

608098[/snapback]

Won't happen. Coming off a serious injury and a large cap number. Just not a smart move.

We need to get a better number one or two QB than Kelly. The only thing that he does is plays just good enough to stint the growth of the young QB. He did it in Cleveland and he's done it here. We need some one good enough to step in and be a number one QB, but be someone who will not stunt anyones growth. Kelly is not a number one QB

Personally, I like Brees alot. And if the Bills go after him, I won't be mad at all. However, there's a couple of things that should be pointed out. San Diego was ready to give up on him after 1 year of starting despite having a serious lack of talent around him. In fact if Rivers didn't hold out, Brees would have been a backup. However Rivers holds out, Brees lights it up, and San Diego gets super lucky. The reason I point this out is cause we have a similar case here: JP. Jp played behind one of the worst lines in football. I think it would be a little to early to give up on him yet.

Secondly, are we forgetting why Brees is so successful? He probably has the best all-around rb the game has seen since Marshall Faulk. But the big difference is Antonio Gates. One of the knocks on Brees is his arm strength. Throwing to a TE is a lot easier than throws to wideouts. Plus, Brees is coming off arm surgey.

I don't want this to sound like a Brees bashing post because I believe the NFL is a win now league. You do whatever it takes to improve your team, regardless if you have a high-draft pick invested at a position. I just, however, think Brees is a little bit of a gamble and I think JP deserves a better shot. And throwing in San Diego is a lot different than throwing in Buffalo. Just my 2 cents. :w00t:

When Marv is able to build a dominant Offensive Line, than and only then should we consider getting a better QB.

This horrific O-Line saga has gone on long enough without being resolved. Management needs to remained focused on the immediate problem at hand instead of being distracted by the shiny glittery stuff that only brings attention and false hope.

As someone posted the other day... we NEED a dominating, crushing ball control Offensive Line.

they talked about giving him a big deal , now they are going to let him go , sounds like a pennington deal, bad shoulder

608284[/snapback]

Different types of injuries. Brees injury is far less career threatening.

Brees did not tear his rotator cuff, let alone do it twice...