US Women choke...

eball

First we have the best female snowboarder in the world try to "hot dog" her way to the finish line of the snowboard cross race, only to fall and let another racer pass her for the gold.

Then, the US women's hockey team blows a 2-0 lead against a Swedish team they've never lost to in 25 previous meetings, losing 3-2 in a shootout.

Embarrassing day for the US.

First we have the best female snowboarder in the world try to "hot dog" her way to the finish line of the snowboard cross race, only to fall and let another racer pass her for the gold.

605833[/snapback]

Haven't seen the clip yet, but you know there will be some Leon Lett comparisons... :doh:

Then, the US women's hockey team blows a 2-0 lead against a Swedish team they've never lost to in 25 previous meetings, losing 3-2 in a shootout.

Embarrassing day for the US.

605833[/snapback]

Olympics < RJ

Huge props for the Swedish gals. They skated every shift like their lives depended on it.

They're not even remotely as talented as the guys (taterhill's bar team would tear them up) but I was really impressed with their effort, their agressiveness, and the way that they played a great team game.

Cya

Definitely a devastating way to lose for them. But I thought Sweden wasn't bad and might challenge them.

The Swedish goalie Kim Martin made some great saves.

I wouldn't be shocked if Sweden pushes Canada either. Just stay out of the box.

Ehhh.... it's not real hockey anyway.  They lost to a high school boys team in Minnesota.

605856[/snapback]

what do you expect?? they are women. guys in high school are all muscle and 160-210 lbs. You expect 140 lb females to compete with them in a sport?