RW sends notes during games

Dan III

to the coaching box.. :doh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=viki...v=tsn&type=lgns

"It's little wonder Mike Mularkey resigned as coach of the Bills, given owner Ralph Wilson's indication that he plans to be more involved in running the team. Wilson, according to former Bills employees, already is way too involved. During games, he sends messages to the coaching box complaining about calls and pointing out trends. Wilson also is known to pester the head coach and general manager, taking up hours and hours of their workweeks with phone calls. . . ."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to the coaching box.. :doh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=viki...v=tsn&type=lgns

"It's little wonder Mike Mularkey resigned as coach of the Bills, given owner Ralph Wilson's indication that he plans to be more involved in running the team. Wilson, according to former Bills employees, already is way too involved. During games, he sends messages to the coaching box complaining about calls and pointing out trends. Wilson also is known to pester the head coach and general manager, taking up hours and hours of their workweeks with phone calls. . . ."

596702[/snapback]

Petticoat Junction > OBD.

Wilson also is known to pester the head coach and general manager, taking up hours and hours of their workweeks with phone calls. . . ."

596702[/snapback]

What, the owner isn't allowed to talk to the GM or coach? During the game, it may be uneeded or even detrimental, but having to talk to the your boss for "hours" during the week isn't really that far fetched... How many of you don't talk to your boss at least a few hours during a week?

CW

What, the owner isn't allowed to talk to the GM or coach?  During the game, it may be uneeded or even detrimental, but having to talk to the your boss for "hours" during the week isn't really that far fetched...  How many of you don't talk to your boss at least a few hours during a week?

CW

596705[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing.

The "notes' during the game just sounds made up though. I have this vision of Ralph folding up a piece of paper and passing it down the line.

IF that's true, and I just really doubt it, it would be a bad thing. Ralph has every right to say whatever he wants, for as long as he wants, during the week, but he needs to let his coaches coach on gameday.

I am going to tell the name partners of my firm that Mike Mularkey and Tom Donahoe say that I should not have to meet with them or answer their questions and see how far that gets me.  :doh:

596712[/snapback]

If their contiunual interruptions make it so you can't do your job you call them out on it. I don't care if they are named partners. Grow a sack, unless of course you're the mail boy...then you pretty much do what everyone tells you to do.

The nerve of all of these journalists to just make up all of this BS about Ralph Wilson!

Nevermind that we've heard that Wilson is too meddling dozens of times throughout the past 5ish years, but forget that. People are just making it up! :doh:

The nerve of all of these journalists to just make up all of this BS about Ralph Wilson!

Nevermind that we've heard that Wilson is too meddling dozens of times throughout the past 5ish years, but forget that. People are just making it up!  :doh:

The ONLY time I heard this was during Butler's last year, when Ralph kept close tabs on Butler, and for good reason. And if this IS true, I'd be willing to bet it started to occur after the offense revealed itself to be a POS, with Mularkey calling the plays, no less.

I'd send notes TOO, given the pathetic display of the offense this year.  Wow, what a shocker!

596711[/snapback]

Yeah, that was my thought too. :doh: I wonder if most were sent after those dump passes to Shelton?

For all we know, RW sent notes during the Levy years as well. But I'm sure the media wouldn't have made out of it a negative back then. More like, "wow RW's really got it on."

Winning changes all perspectives.

Part of the job description for any GM or Coach is for them to scmooze the owner. The problem is that Mularkey and Donahoe have the personalities of plywood.

These are billion dollar toys for these guys, and they deserve to have a listening board. It really is Donahoe's job to take care of, and if Ralph got to Mularkey on a regular basis, it shows even more why we made the right move in caning him.

I am involved in a similar field...just treat the owner with respect and make him feel his opinion is valid. And make sure you have some Jello in the fridge for him.

Imagine the gall of an owner wanting to be involved with his own team!

If I was the owner of the Bills and I am ultimately the one who is responsible for the success or failure of it I would have been sending notes during the games too, except mine would have been pink slips!

Nevermind that we've heard that Wilson is too meddling dozens of times throughout the past 5ish years, but forget that. People are just making it up!  :doh:

596735[/snapback]

Really, the only time I have heard about is since they cleaned house. Seems " the inside sources" have a lot of gripes since they get canned. I hope TD has free national long distance cause it sounds like he is bad mouthing us to anybody that will listen.....