My 2006 Buffalo Bills. (Realistic and Beautiful!)

Re-sign- WR Josh Reed, CB Kevin Thomas, DT Justin Bannan, OL Greg Jerman, LS Mike Schneck, WR Sam Aiken, LB Mario Haggan, LB Josh Stamer, CB Jabari Greer, OT Jason Peters, WR Jonathan Smith, RB Shaud Williams, Nate Clements (Franchise tagged)

Release- OG Bennie Anderson, WR Eric Moulds, TE Mark Campbell, SS Lawyer Milloy, OL Mike Williams, FS Troy Vincent, OLB Jeff Posey

Trades- CB Nate Clements to KC for KC' 1st round pick.

Draft

1a. DT Haloti Ngata H. Ngata

1b. OT Marcus McNeill M.McNeill

2. CB Ashton Youboty A. Youboty

3a. OG Davin Joseph D. Joseph

3b. S Pat Watkins P. Watkins

4. FB Lawrence Vickers L. Vickers

5. LB Gerris Wilkinson G. Wilkinson

6. DT Barry Cofield B. Cofield

7. ILB Freddie Roach F. Roach

Depth Chart ( Bold = FA Signing) (Red = Rookie)

QB- J. Losman, K. Holcomb, T. Woodbury

HB- W.McGahee, R. Dayne , S. Williams, L. Vickers

FB- D. Shelton, L. Vickers

WR- L. Evans, A. Bryant, R. Parrish, J. Reed, S. Aiken, J. Smith

TE- K. Everett, T. Euhus,

LT- J. Peters, M. Gandy, G. Jerman

LG- D. Joseph, J. Geisinger, D. Preston

C- L. Bentley, D. Preston

RG- C. Villarrial, J. Geisinger, D. Preston

RT- M. McNeill, M. Gandy, G. Jerman

LE- R. Brock, C. Kelsay

DT- S. Adams, H.Ngata, T. Anderson, J. Bannan, B. Cofield

RE- A. Schobel, C. Kelsay

LOLB- A. Crowell, G. Wilkinson , J. Stamer, M. Haggan

MLB- L. Fletcher, F. Roach

ROLB- T. Spikes, G. Wilkinson , J. Stamer, M. Haggan

CB- T. Mcgee, A. Youboty, K. Thomas, E. King, J. Greer

FS- P. Watkins, R. Baker, J. Leonhard

SS- T. Williams, C. Wire

K- R. Lindell

P- B. Moorman

HOW WOULD YOU GRADE THIS OFF- SEASON (1 TO 10, 10 BEING THE BEST) ?

I GIVE IT A 10! :blush:

Depth Chart  ( Bold = FA Signing)

TE- K. Everett, T. Euhus, R. Neufield

LE- R. Brock, C. Kelsay

ROLB- T. Spikes,  G. Wilkinson , J. Stamer, M. Haggan

SS- T. Williams, C. Wire

K- R. Lindell

P- B. Moorman

594893[/snapback]

Looks as good as any so far! :blush:

I've read this and that about the uncertainty re the CBA somehow affecting FA movement, though. Beats me.

Regarding Clements - I'm sure the B'gals would like him - but with Palmer's injury plus bonus, salary, and cap consequences, I'd guess that they won't be very active in FA, or in dealing for a vet.

Edited by stuckincincy

Looks as good as any so far! :blush:

I've read this and that about the uncertainty re the CBA somehow affecting FA movement, though. Beats me.

Regarding Clements - I'm sure the B'gals would like him - but with Palmer's injury plus bonus, salary, and cap consequences, I'd guess that they won't be very active in FA, or in dealing for a vet.

594913[/snapback]

Nice comment. Im gonna change that trade.

I like getting rid of the old and slow safeties. Not a position where large amount of veteran money ought to be invested.

I think Moulds will sign an extension at a decent rate (he has cautioned other players about changing teams) and retire in Buffalo so will not be replaced.

What has Greg Jerman shown to be worth keeping at his rate especially as #3 in depth chart?

Denney has shown he can be productive and versitle and he plays special teama; I think he stays.

Sam Adams does not have enough in tank left to be starter any more.

And while I do not know college football I think it would be easier to read your depth chart if picks were prefixed with pick and maybe in red for rookie. i.e. Davin Joseph (3a)

What has Greg Jerman shown to be worth keeping at his rate especially as #3 in depth chart?

Denney has shown he can be productive and versitle and he plays special teama; I think he stays.

594935[/snapback]

I completely agree. I would rather keep a rookie than Jerman, and think that Denney should be retained at a decent price.

- denver would never give a #1 up for clements, they've got champ bailey and a couple very promising rookies from last year's draft including Darrent Williams.

- i would be very concerned that 4 out of 5 players in our secondary are new, and 2 of the starters are rookies in Youboty and Watkins, i dont think thats realistic at all

-same thing with the line, but its still better than this years, it looks good.

other than that it looks good

Your dreaming about getting  #1 for Clements.

PTR

594897[/snapback]

I don't know. The cost of using the franchise tag is low and its a weak year for Cbs both in the draft and in FA. Despite a down year, I think Clements is still the best CB available this offseason and at his age and with no injury history, I think there will be considerable interest if the price tag is a late 1st round pick.

I'll take even an aging Milloy over Wire.

At WR I'm not putting a lot of money into Reed, and Jonathan Smith is not an NFL wide receiver. Although he is great on special teams---Aiken isn't an NFL receiver either. A big, possession, move-the-chains free-agent like Atlanta WR Brian Finneran would be an upgrade. Look at his stats.

I'm not thrilled with Campbell as a #1 TE. Euhus is close to being a bust, Everett is essentially a rookie/unproven, Neufeld is a waste of a roster space.

Some nice thoughts and obvious issues, but one missing element for me is some kind of upgrade at the TE position. And I mean someone to replace either Neufeld or Euhus. I'd LOVE to think Kevin Everett is that guy, but if we keep Campbell, that means all three of our TEs have suffered ACL injuries in the past three years. If we keep Neufeld, it means we have to carry his dead weight around for yet another inexplicable season.

Bring in a quality vet to take that #1 or 2 spot -- if Everett is really the man, pleasant surprise for us. But let's not bank on it yet. Kid still was only a third rounder, knee injury makes things more uncertain.

Some nice thoughts and obvious issues, but one missing element for me is some kind of upgrade at the TE position.  And I mean someone to replace either Neufeld or Euhus.  I'd LOVE to think Kevin Everett is that guy, but if we keep Campbell, that means all three of our TEs have suffered ACL injuries in the past three years.  If we keep Neufeld, it means we have to carry his dead weight around for yet another inexplicable season.

Bring in a quality vet to take that #1 or 2 spot -- if Everett is really the man, pleasant surprise for us.  But let's not bank on it yet.  Kid still was only a third rounder, knee injury makes things more uncertain.

596152[/snapback]

Yea, screw neufield!

Re-sign-  WR Josh Reed, CB Kevin Thomas, DT Justin Bannan, OL Greg Jerman, LS Mike Schneck, WR Sam Aiken, LB Mario Haggan, LB Josh Stamer, CB Jabari Greer, OT Jason Peters, WR Jonathan Smith, RB Shaud Williams,  Nate Clements (Franchise tagged)

Release- OG Bennie Anderson, WR Eric Moulds, TE Mark Campbell, SS Lawyer Milloy, OL Mike Williams, FS Troy Vincent, OLB Jeff Posey

Draft

Depth Chart  ( Bold = FA Signing) (Red = Rookie)

LE- R. Brock, C. Kelsay

SS- T. Williams, C. Wire

K- R. Lindell

P- B. Moorman

I GIVE IT A 10!  :D

594893[/snapback]

Once again, I do not like McNeil, I feel he looks the part, but drafting him would be a mistake better left to Dallas or another team.

We are keeping 2 TE and 6 WR, okay, no. Count Smith gone.

We are really in need for a proven TE, Everett has not seen the field, and Euhus has not proven to be NFL ready. How about Matt Schobel-worse case he's the 2nd TE, but at least we would have a healthy TE.

Wilkinson is a day 1 pick.

Dropping vincent and Lawyer saves us 1.6 million (I think) but we have a lot of dead money, I'd rather keep them,

I can't see starting a Rookie at CB.

We still have no idea of how long it's going to take Spikes to fully recover, so I believe that we need to address the LB spot on the first day.

I also don't like Brock, i feel he is undersized and is weak against the run. What I'd rather do is draft Mario Williams (after my smear campaign) and sign Grady Jackson and a released Washington to create a solid 4 man rotation.

Re-sign-  WR Josh Reed, CB Kevin Thomas, DT Justin Bannan, OL Greg Jerman, LS Mike Schneck, WR Sam Aiken, LB Mario Haggan, LB Josh Stamer, CB Jabari Greer, OT Jason Peters, WR Jonathan Smith, RB Shaud Williams,  Nate Clements (Franchise tagged)

Draft

LE- R. Brock, C. Kelsay

SS- T. Williams, C. Wire

K- R. Lindell

P- B. Moorman

594893[/snapback]

Looks like an overhall. Don't agree with the release of Moulds, Milloy and Vincent.

why, just cause he's from ohio state? youboty is like 6'1'' winfield is like 5'8''

595744[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with Buckeye's! :D

Outside of College Team Loyalty, the OSU defense this year was solid, taking anyone from that crew would be a great investment!

And we should keep Moulds if he is willing to restructure. He still has fuel in the tank and Defenses have to respect him. This will take pressure off Evans and Parrish. Hopefully, they are lobbying for Moulds. As Peerless showed, it ain't easy being #1.

:D

Draft

LE- R. Brock, C. Kelsay

SS- T. Williams, C. Wire

K- R. Lindell

P- B. Moorman

594893[/snapback]

hmmmmm i like it so much im already updating my madden with this new roster

Overall nicely done but I have some issues with some of the moves, moreson in the draft.

I would switch Spikes and Crowell's positions. As Spikes has better size and might be better suited for LOLB (ie strong side).

I'm not sure KC would drop another draft pick to pick up a CB after doing so last year for Surtain.

I'm also hesitant about Brock, as wonder if his production inpart of playing opposite Freeney so rather go after someone like Aaron Kampman a little better but that's personal choice but this isn't a big difference of opinion. Though I am really in more favor of retaining Denney over Bannan. As Denney is more versaitle.

Also I have a major issue bringing Ron Dayne as a backup. To me this guy isn't NFL caliber. Now if you switched him for Kenny Watson, Tony Fisher or Sammy Morris than I'd be happy. I also hate losing Clements yet Youboty has the skills to possibly replace him.

Onto the draft, while I don't like McNeil, at least you have him at RT where think he'll end up in the NFL and think selected him a bit high and think you underestimated Joseph's value. So would suggest taking Joseph at the end of Round 1 and take Ryan O'Callaghan with pick 3B and maybe take a better safety prospect at 3A such as Jason Allen of Tennessee.