SuperBowl XL Game Thread

SDS

JUST enough??? hahah

Pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with the 75 yard Parker run. Nor did they allow the Steelers to get a 1st down on 3rd and 28. Oh, and was it the refs who went Teri Shaivo at the end of the 2nd quarter? Nope, that was Seattle's coaching staff. And of course, it was the refs who played like it was the first quarter with 6 minutes left in the game, and then the abortion of play calling that was the last 2 minutes.

Yep, the refs GAVE the game to Pittsburgh.

Friggin idiots...

595684[/snapback]

Of course, they did give the Steelers 7 on Rothlesbooger's bootleg, and took 7 away from the 'Hawks on the interference call.

So that would be 17-14 Seattle right there.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST enough??? hahah

Pretty sure the refs had nothing to do with the 75 yard Parker run. Nor did they allow the Steelers to get a 1st down on 3rd and 28. Oh, and was it the refs who went Teri Shaivo at the end of the 2nd quarter? Nope, that was Seattle's coaching staff. And of course, it was the refs who played like it was the first quarter with 6 minutes left in the game, and then the abortion of play calling that was the last 2 minutes.

Friggin idiots...

595684[/snapback]

Stevestojan, you're always wrong. How, you may ask?

Steely Dan is a band, not a person. We don't get "French" benefits, we get fringe benefits. James Dean was an actor, Jimmy Dean makes sausage. And it's not the leaning tower of "pizza".

JUST enough??? hahah

Friggin idiots...

595684[/snapback]

Your inorance knows of no bounds. What happened with 6 minutes to go is academic because the game was over, for all intents and purposes.

People are rightfully complaining of the scoring and momentum that Seattle was robbed in the first half. Maybe you missed the first quarter when Seattle was moving upfield at will. You have no clue in how the playcalling would develop with Seattle up 7-0, instead of 3-0. Even with Parker's TD, without ref's interference, the score is not 14-3, but 14-7, or actually 10-7 since Ben didn't score a TD at the half.

Then if you blame Seattle for giving up a 3 - 28, don't tell me there was no offensive hold on that play equal to the job Seattle got nailed with on their pass to the 1. Lastly, if refs don't call the idiotic PF on Hass, Steelers are still deep in their zone, and don't have the rom for the razzle dazzle.

Of course in your mind, it's only a play here or there.

I have a hard time envisioning Pgh as a "small market" when a lot of times, most road games the Steelers play in, including tonight's SB, have a high percentage of Steelers fans.

595709[/snapback]

That's because everyone gets the hell out of that hole as soon as able. However the Monogahela Mindcontrol Mix in the watersupply deforms and warps them from an early age to worship false idols of black and gold.

Of course, they did give the Steelers 7 on Rothlesbooger's bootleg, and took 7 away from the 'Hawks on the interference call. 

So that would be 17-14 Seattle right there.

595721[/snapback]

Don't forget they basically took 7 more away from Seattle when they called that phantom holding call that made it 2nd and 20 instead of 1st and goal from the 1. No INT gets thrown (well, most likely) if they have the ball at the 1.

Then there's the phantom holding call on the punt return that would have given Seattle the ball on the Pittsburgh 43 or so. Instead Seattle gets the ball on their own 25.

It's one thing for a team to say that no single call cost them the game as they had a chance after the call to make plays to win the game. It's another thing when every single time you DO make plays the refs call it back. I was sick to my stomach watching the game and I don’t give a f#ck about Seattle.

I've seen Super Bowls where there were several guys that had pretty good (but not great) games and it was a tough call on who should get it.  This is the first SB I've seen where nobody on the winning team deserved the award.

595714[/snapback]

Super Bowl XXV was a good example of this. Lots of people thought that Thurman Thomas deserved the MVP even while being on the losing team. No one really stood out on the Giants. Sure, Otis Anderson had a very solid game, but not spectacular. But they felt the award had to go to the winning team and so there you go.

Stevens scored a touchdown....

595633[/snapback]

He also dropped an easy ball that would have given them 1st and 10 at the Steeler 12 yard line. Instead Seattle ended up missing a long FG.

Your inorance knows of no bounds.  What happened with 6 minutes to go is academic because the game was over, for all intents and purposes.

People are rightfully complaining of the scoring and momentum that Seattle was robbed in the first half.  Maybe you missed the first quarter when Seattle was moving upfield at will.  You have no clue in how the playcalling would develop with Seattle up 7-0, instead of 3-0.  Even with Parker's TD, without ref's interference, the score is not 14-3, but 14-7, or actually 10-7 since Ben didn't score a TD at the half.

Then if you blame Seattle for giving up a 3 - 28, don't tell me there was no offensive hold on that play equal to the job Seattle got nailed with on their pass to the 1.  Lastly, if refs don't call the idiotic PF on Hass, Steelers are still deep in their zone, and don't have the rom for the razzle dazzle.

Of course in your mind, it's only a play here or there.

595725[/snapback]

spot on. I wouldn't say that the Steelers would not have won the game anyway, but the end would have been much more interesting if the refs called a better game.

should have been 7-3 Seahawks at half. Then 10-7 Steelers, and either 10-10 or 14-10 Seahawks but for the phantom holding. The final quarter is then played very differently.

Don't forget they basically took 7 more away from Seattle when they called that phantom holding call that made it 2nd and 20 instead of 1st and goal from the 1.  No INT gets thrown (well, most likely) if they have the ball at the 1.

Then there's the phantom holding call on the punt return that would have given Seattle the ball on the Pittsburgh 43 or so.  Instead Seattle gets the ball on their own 25.

It's one thing for a team to say that no single call cost them the game as they had a chance after the call to make plays to win the game.  It's another thing when every single time you DO make plays the refs call it back.  I was sick to my stomach watching the game and I don’t give a f#ck about Seattle.

595728[/snapback]

I didn't forget...but none of those plays directly gave or took away points (although it's a pretty safe bet that Seattle gets at least 3 on 1st and goal from the 1). The two I mentioned directly affected the scoreboard...and just those were enough to throw the game, regardless of the ones that affected field position or possession.

Even that TD catch was shaky.  I thought he was going to stumble over his feet and drop it.

595734[/snapback]

His sphincter was probably so tight during the game he could have made a diamond out of a lump of coal...