Why was LOST a repeat??????????

The Poojer

i thought this week was supposed to be a new episode where the oriental chick seemingly got kidnapped.  What gives????????

592008[/snapback]

Yes, I was dissapointed when I looked form the movie I was watching and my little red light on the the TIVO was not on. That episode was not only a repeat, but from last year no less.

The network likes s t r i n g i n g us along...

Interesting that they pulled out an episode from least season. Foreboding? Of course! It's in the numbers! Remember? It is also interesting that the only person who seemingly goes on record to not thinking that Hurley is crazy is Rousseau.

By the way, I didn't know this until I moved to CA. but many Asians that I have met don't like being referred to as Orientals. I don't quite understand why but that is how it is. Some consider it a slur.

I wonder why with all the goodies in the hatch, "the Others" don't take it over.

I wonder why with all the goodies in the hatch, "the Others" don't take it over.

592174[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing. I'm assuming there is a valid explanation of this. Either they have their own stash or the stuff in the hatch is tainted, I'm guessing...

592174[/snapback]

"Zeke" said something to Jack about "opening doors that they shouldn't" during his whole "you're guests at our house" rant so I'm guessing they think the hatch is tainted somehow.

By the way, I didn't know this until I moved to CA. but many Asians that I have met don't like being referred to as Orientals.  I don't quite understand why but that is how it is.  Some consider it a slur.

592174[/snapback]

Here is a little bit on the subject

Not saying I agree or disagree, but I will say that a lot of Asians do hate the term.

As far as the Others not "taking over" the hatch I suspect that there is some other force at play that they fear. Possibly the black smoke.

Here is a little bit on the subject

Not saying I agree or disagree, but I will say that a lot of Asians do hate the term.

As far as the Others not "taking over" the hatch I suspect that there is some other force at play that they fear.  Possibly the black smoke.

592331[/snapback]

Thanks for the link! That is very fascinating. The traditional usage includes a large area. I met a guy a few years back who I believe was from Iran. He didn't like the term "Middle East". I see "Middle East" as a directional or geographical indicator but he saw it as something different which was a negative connotation. I believe that I read that the term "Middle East" was started in Europe (the English?) in the last century. I have met a number of Mexicans who don't understand why in popular expression U.S. born people are known as Americans when technically people from North, South and Central Americans can say the same thing. This usage may also be how people in the thirteen colonies were categorized by England and the rest of Europe.

Amerigo Vespucci:

http://geography.about.com/cs/historicalgeog/a/amerigo.htm

Then again there are those from New York City who don't see those of us from upstate as New Yorkers. And as I always remind them, until tax time!

Back to Lost. Maybe "the Others" see the contents of what is in the hatch similar to the forbidden fruit as described in the Bible or they would have already raided all those candy bars. Or maybe "the Others" just couldn't stomach having to "recharge" the numbers via the hatch computer? Something bad happens when the numbers aren't updated. What could that be? The black smoke turns into a tornado? All the grizzly bears come out and tear up the place? Mass chaos? For those of us who don't like one episode or another, none of us are going away! We demand too many answers!

Forbidden fruit reference:

http://www.gracecathedral.org/enrichment/b..._20030409.shtml

DAMN YOU POOJER!!!! Haven't you ever heard of a spoiler alert???

I had no idea that last night's episode was a repeat, and then BOOM! there it is, right in the title of your thread. Thanks a lot. Some people just like ruining things for everyone else.

:huh:

SPOILER DO NOT CLICK OR RUN YOUR MOUSE OVER THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

SPOILER

SPOILER DO NOT CLICK OR RUN YOUR MOUSE OVER THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

593450[/snapback]

ok, then why bother even posting it? just say you know a spoiler and tell people to PM you if they want it. much beter than this crap.

ok, then why bother even posting it? just say you know a spoiler and tell people to PM you if they want it. much beter than this crap.

593495[/snapback]

well, if i was going to take sh-- for it anyway, i should've just posted it like the other guy did with the smallville spoiler...at least i gave ample warning

and most speculation done about what's going on in lost is absolute crap anyway so there isn't much difference here

i thought this week was supposed to be a new episode where the oriental chick seemingly got kidnapped.  What gives????????

592008[/snapback]

The short answer ... because February sweeps hadn't started yet ...

Thanks for the link!  That is very fascinating.  The traditional usage includes a large area.  I met a guy a few years back who I believe was from Iran.  He didn't like the term "Middle East".  I see "Middle East" as a directional or geographical indicator but he saw it as something different which was a negative connotation.  I believe that I read that the term "Middle East" was started in Europe (the English?) in the last century.  I have met a number of Mexicans who don't understand why in popular expression U.S. born people are known as Americans when technically people from North, South and Central Americans can say the same thing.  This usage may also be how people in the thirteen colonies were categorized by England and the rest of Europe.

It's because we were the first independent country on the block and there's no other term for folks from the United States. Sorry Mexicans, if you wanted the name, you should have been your own country sooner. Whoops.