Bills announce new WR stud

Mickey

The Bills have a new stud reciever on the roster ready to go next year so forget Owens and stop fretting about what might happen to Moulds. Who is he?

Terence McGee

Good hands, great speed, unreal acceleration, great moves in the open field, likely the most exciting player on the roster since Steve Tasker retired.

Why on earth would we not try to get him more touches? Lets go Deion with him.

The campaign to put McGee at WR begins here. Wh is with me? Lets get some buttons and t-shirts and get it going.

The Bills have a new stud reciever on the roster ready to go next year so forget Owens and stop fretting about what might happen to Moulds.  Who is he?

Terence McGee

Good hands, great speed, unreal acceleration, great moves in the open field, likely the most exciting player on the roster since Steve Tasker retired.

Why on earth would we not try to get him more touches?  Lets go Deion with him.

The campaign to put McGee at WR begins here.  Wh is with me?  Lets get some buttons and t-shirts and get it going.

591065[/snapback]

Are you high? 0:)

Hmm...Maybe if this were Madden. You seem to be ignoring the fact that recievers also have to run routes and block. He may be dangerous on an occasional reverse or wide reciever screen, but to think he can become a stud wide reciever is ridiculous.

Hmm...Maybe if this were Madden.  You seem to be ignoring the fact that recievers also have to run routes and block.  He may be dangerous on an occasional reverse or wide reciever screen, but to think he can become a stud wide reciever is ridiculous.

591071[/snapback]

What we suffer from is a failure of imagination. You could say the same thing about the Patriots moving a WR to CB when they had to.

We would hardly be the first team to make good use, even if only occasionally, of a CB with the kind of talent McGee has. I am not sure he would have to learn very much to be as good a blocker as Evans. Route running is nothing but discipline. His ability to read the coverage based on his experience as a DB is also an interesting factor.

Look at it this way, Bill Bellichek is a pretty smart guy, seems to know football pretty well. The only time I have ever seen him turn chicken is when it comes to puttin the ball in to McGee's hands. He kicks away from him or squibbs it almost without exception, often giving us great field position. Despite that, he does it anyway to avoid giving McGee a shot at a long return. That is some serious respect. If a guy is so dangerous with the ball in his hands that he has Bill Bellicheck scared, I think maybe we should put the ball in his hands a little bit more.

The Bills have a new stud reciever on the roster ready to go next year so forget Owens and stop fretting about what might happen to Moulds.  Who is he?

Terence McGee

Why on earth would we not try to get him more touches?  Lets go Deion with him.

The campaign to put McGee at WR begins here.  Wh is with me?  Lets get some buttons and t-shirts and get it going.

591065[/snapback]

One major problem with this. As much as i love T-Mac, and as good as he is, theres the old addage... "If a CB could catch he'd be a WR"

The Bills actually discussed this last year. McGee had been lobbying for it. Mularkey said publicly that he was open to it and they were looking at the possibility but they never did anything about it. He surely has the talent, and could easily be thought of as the #5 WR and put him in for a few plays a game. Some as a decoy and some designed to put the ball in his hands.

The Bills actually discussed this last year. McGee had been lobbying for it. Mularkey said publicly that he was open to it and they were looking at the possibility but they never did anything about it. He surely has the talent, and could easily be thought of as the #5 WR and put him in for a few plays a game. Some as a decoy and some designed to put the ball in his hands.

591163[/snapback]

I remember this as well. For all of his supposed offensive imagination, the schemes MM concocted were certainly offensive...and not very imaginative.

One major problem with this. As much as i love T-Mac, and as good as he is, theres the old addage... "If a CB could catch he'd be a WR"

591131[/snapback]

Yeah but he is able to field kicks so his hands can't be all bad, for a CB anyway.

591163[/snapback]

I bet he would be pretty good at running a reverse now and then.

I remember this as well.  For all of his supposed offensive imagination, the schemes MM concocted were certainly offensive...and not very imaginative.

591169[/snapback]

How can you blame him for not trying something "outside the box"? We had so much to lose. 0:)

Failure of imagination - Why don't you try the failure of Tom Donohoe to draft good players........Let's try Losman at DB while we are at it. Bills fans must be breathing in all the chemicals from Tonawanda.

What we suffer from is a failure of imagination.  You could say the same thing about the Patriots moving a WR to CB when they had to.

We would hardly be the first team to make good use, even if only occasionally, of a CB with the kind of talent McGee has.  I am not sure he would have to learn very much to be as good a blocker as Evans.  Route running is nothing but discipline.  His ability to read the coverage based on his experience as a DB is also an interesting factor.

Look at it this way, Bill Bellichek is a pretty smart guy, seems to know football pretty well.  The only time I have ever seen him turn chicken is when it comes to puttin the ball in to McGee's hands.  He kicks away from him or squibbs it almost without exception, often giving us great field position.  Despite that, he does it anyway to avoid giving McGee a shot at a long return.  That is some serious respect.  If a guy is so dangerous with the ball in his hands that he has Bill Bellicheck scared, I think maybe we should put the ball in his hands a little bit more.

591078[/snapback]