OK- Realistically who could the Bills Bring IN

Poeticlaw

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron's been 'round the block a few times. 

If he and Marv define the team's goals and how they're going to accomplish them he can get the vets to accept their responsibilites in making it work.  He can't break camp with a team full of seperate agendas. 

One team, one goal.

When the going gets tough, veteran and rookie alike can be reminded of that commitment.  I doubt Marv and Jauron will tolerate the type of 'crying' that went on in '05, but if they do things right, there won't be any.

589882[/snapback]

i completly agree with you but noone in the organization has answered the QB questions that have been asked. Marv danece around it and Jauron Danced around it. WHich my interpretaion as much as the sportwriting world they might be more willing to bring in a vet to compete to really see if we could do better than what we have.

. We should have  The Bills will need to build through the draft. By replacing Shane Matthews salary, it should not be very costly to bring in another who could actually be a legitimate starting QB.

589919[/snapback]

Exactly that is waht i have been saying too.

Brees would cost too much both in contract and in trade (prolly swap 1sts with SD plus a 2nd or 3rd). Also, bringing in Brees would mean they have already given up on JP

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills dump Holcomb, bring in Kitna, and draft a 2nd day QB (call me a homer but Michael Robinson comes to mind 0:)) Kitna isn't a long term solution and therefore wouldn't interfere with JPs development. However, if JP continues to bomb (which i think he will, but thats just my opinion) then we have a QB that can step in and at least keep us competative

From the list you supplied and the other QBs mentioned in this thread, only Brees is worth bringing in, IMO. But, I don 't think he'll come cheap and settle for #2 should it come down to it.

But, if he were available and cheap, I'd have no problem with Brad Johnson. But I don't think that's going to happen, either.

Draft a prospect in the middle rounds. Keep KH as the #2.

If you can get someone in to fight for the #1, fine. But, make sure the guy is the real deal...not a "might be good" (Rivers, Schaub, etc).

But, Flutie? Huard? WTF?

Huard? Flutie? Blake? Batch???? You consider these stiffs an upgrade?? 0:)

Never mind upgrading our lines. Let's spend all our cap money on QBs! Washed has-beens and career backups preferably!

PTR

Just based on potential UFA no trades, drafts, or potential cuts.

Heres is a short list compiled of just that potential UFA's QB"S We all know JP will not be starting next year unless hes claerly the winner of more than just Holcomb. So we know they have to bring in another veteran to compete.

Damian Huard- hasn't had much starting but i liked what i saw when he started for Miami and My freind loved him in NE he wanted Huard to be the back up instead of Brady. (imagine that)

Doug Flutie-too old but can he still play?????

Drew Brees-Will cost us a pick if we sign him and his shoulder is a question mark so it better be a conditional pick.

Jeff Blake- I have always liked him but hes to soft in the mind.

Jon Kitna- Might be the best one available and he wants not only to start now but for the next few years which might not be the case in cincinatti if Plamer can come back from injury-he plays with fire and a proven leader. Definatley could compete for the starting QB Job.

Charlie Batch- I loved him in Detroit but he hasnt started since his injuries dont know how much it impairs him but it would be nice if he shows hes capable fo starting.

Josh Mcnown- Kids young (26) so hes not expeirenced but has some starting experience under his belt and tutilage form Kurt warner might be worth the flier to see what he has.

So if I had to chose 1 from the above QB's and only the above Qbs to bring in to compete with JP and Holcomb my First choice would be Kitna if he fell through because of cincinattis situation then my back up plan would be Damion Huard.

589715[/snapback]

Just based on potential UFA no trades, drafts, or potential cuts.

Heres is a short list compiled of just that potential UFA's QB"S We all know JP will not be starting next year unless hes claerly the winner of more than just Holcomb. So we know they have to bring in another veteran to compete.

Damian Huard- hasn't had much starting but i liked what i saw when he started for Miami and My freind loved him in NE he wanted Huard to be the back up instead of Brady. (imagine that)

Drew Brees-Will cost us a pick if we sign him and his shoulder is a question mark so it better be a conditional pick.

Jeff Blake- I have always liked him but hes to soft in the mind.

Jon Kitna- Might be the best one available and he wants not only to start now but for the next few years which might not be the case in cincinatti if Plamer can come back from injury-he plays with fire and a proven leader. Definatley could compete for the starting QB Job.

Charlie Batch- I loved him in Detroit but he hasnt started since his injuries dont know how much it impairs him but it would be nice if he shows hes capable fo starting.

Josh Mcnown- Kids young (26) so hes not expeirenced but has some starting experience under his belt and tutilage form Kurt warner might be worth the flier to see what he has.

So if I had to chose 1 from the above QB's and only the above Qbs to bring in to compete with JP and Holcomb my First choice would be Kitna if he fell through because of cincinattis situation then my back up plan would be Damion Huard.

589715[/snapback]

The fact that you even mentioned Flutie makes me sick.

Why not bring back Ferguson? Kemp?

If you want to bring in a new QB, then follow the concept of signing a QB with charecter and experience. Not some clipboard-holder.

JP Losman IS the QB of the future, but I can see Jauron (and Levy) letting him develop in practice another season or two before letting him start. But that's ONLY if a good FA QB can be signed. (Not from the reject list Poetclaw put together!) Otherwise I believe it will be JP starting.

Fix the lines and the difference will be nothing short of AMAZING!!

PTR

What about Daunte, will he be available?

Is his injury going to allow him to come back and be the player he was?

590340[/snapback]

Everyone seems to think he'll be ging to the Raiders. But, didn't Moss really diss him after he left the Vikings...or am I confused? (Could be both, I know)

Everyone seems to think he'll be ging to the Raiders.  But, didn't Moss really diss him after he left the Vikings...or am I confused?  (Could be both, I know)

590354[/snapback]

Do you think he is Marvs type of player?

What do you think it would take to bring him in? Cost too much?

Jamie Martin.

590254[/snapback]

At 35, I doubt Martin has what it takes but the idea of bringing in someone that's Fairchild's familiar with not a bad thought. That said I'd prefer to go with a draft pick in the 4th/5th Round. Physically a guy like Reggie McNeal has the skills. I know I put Erik Meyer in my draft but in relooking at things he probably won't get drafted.

Do you think he is Marvs type of player?

What do you think it would take to bring him in? Cost too much?

590361[/snapback]

I'm not advocating bringing him here.,,but, he'd be worth a look. Might be far to expensive to consider as QB is not our issue this year, IMO.

As far as if he's a Marv kinda guy...dunno. I always thought Dante was a class A kinda guy. Certainly seemed heads and shoulders above Moss on the character scale. The party boat incident is the only blemish I can think of. Are there others? Remember, Marv isn't looking for boyscouts. His Bills had its fair share of guys with more on their mind than football.

589715[/snapback]

Depends, Did he get a whole lot better than when he was here last time? Because, by the time he left the Bills he SUCKED .

You know I use to find this board really interesting with alot of good opinions.

This thread is pointless. Its so pie in the sky. Holcomb or a QB moderatly better will not push this team over the top. Nor will three QB's that are all just ok get the team into the playoffs.

What will get the team into the playoffs is a good offensive line and a good defensive line.

"The QB is not the issue man!"

OUT

At 35, I doubt Martin has what it takes but the idea of bringing in someone that's Fairchild's familiar with not a bad thought. That said I'd prefer to go with a draft pick in the 4th/5th Round. Physically a guy like Reggie McNeal has the skills. I know I put Erik Meyer in my draft but in relooking at things he probably won't get drafted.

590368[/snapback]

Sure, he's not the "final answer" at QB. He's another veteran journeyman, like Holcomb. There's the Fairchild connection. I think he has a little less of a noodle arm than Holcomb... Actually, the crop of UFA QBs is a really yawner other than Drew Brees (and he got busted up). I think a guy like Martin gives the Bills a better chance to "win now" than most of the scrubs on the UFA list.

Sure, he's not the "final answer" at QB.  He's another veteran journeyman, like Holcomb.  There's the Fairchild connection.  I think he has a little less of a noodle arm than Holcomb...  Actually, the crop of UFA QBs is a really yawner other than Drew Brees (and he got busted up).  I think a guy like Martin gives the Bills a better chance to "win now" than most of the scrubs on the UFA list.

590408[/snapback]

To me if we're going to "win now" it's not going to be due to the QB alone it's going to do more with the talent we have in the trenches. You're right though the free agent crop of QBs isn't anything special but then again a few years ago Jake Delhomme wasn't anything special either. To me a QB is more a product of his surrounding cast then vice a versa.