Rooting interest in Super Bowl 40

Like A Mofo

What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said I was a Bills' fan?  :lol:  Seattle and Portland are completely different cities.  Please don't associate me with Seattle.  <_<:lol:    I pulling for the Seahawks, though, just because I don't have any other team around here to support.  :devil:

588660[/snapback]

Oh well, then...maybe everyone from Seattle is an !@#$. :lol:

Never been to Portland, but I hear good things.

OTOH, our Seattle experience was less than encouraging.

True, but you can say the same thing about any other team...well cannot blame NE because we are bad too....

Im sorry but you think for one second Pittsburgh fans would root for Buffalo because Buffalo is a similar city to Pittsburgh?  Please!!!!

588669[/snapback]

Well, my guess is some would (just like some use that as a reason for rooting for Pittsburg, Detroit, Cleveland, etc). But given their relative proximity, i bet there are many overlapping fans. It's a hell of a lot easier to drive to a game in Pittsburgh than one in NYC (yet there are tons of Yankee fans in WNY...hmmm). I'm a Bills fan...first and foremost. But, I like the Steelers...saw them play at Pitt Stadium during the war of the Terry's (Bradshaw and Hanratty) and went to 3 Rivers on many occasions. Rooney always ran a class organization, IMO.

That a fan of the Bills is a fan of any of the teams in the surrounding area (figure 4-5 hours) should come as no surprise.

Oh...one more thing NEVER root for the Fins...period.

Definitely Seahawks, although I think Peeburgh wins.

I HATE THE STEELERS!!  As if approximately 350 of my posts hadn't said that already.

Mike

588427[/snapback]

I hate the Steelers too, Buckeye. Interestingly, even though Pittsburgh is in Pennsylvania, I don't see too much support for the Steelers. I guess people are still thinking about last year.

One city, one team, one dream . . . . (sob)!

Im sorry but you think for one second Pittsburgh fans would root for Buffalo because Buffalo is a similar city to Pittsburgh?  Please!!!!

588669[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything ? My choices are not dependent on theirs. Having said that, I would hate the Cowboys even if their fans rooted for us. <_<

Oh well, then...maybe everyone from Seattle is an !@#$.  :devil:

Never been to Portland, but I hear good things. 

OTOH, our Seattle experience was less than encouraging.

588683[/snapback]

Wow...I've been to Seattle a ton of times and have had a blast every time. Great music scene, outstanding record stores, good drinking town...not too big. I'm shocked Dean...shocked. <_<

Wow...I've been to Seattle a ton of times and have had a blast every time.  Great music scene, outstanding record stores, good drinking town...not too big.  I'm shocked Dean...shocked.  <_<

588715[/snapback]

Went their for a Bills game with a great group of people. It seems as though everyone we ran into was either rude, incompetant...or both.

For example, we were in a bar and they had their music calendar on the wall. Well, it was the 1st of the month (or the 2nd), but the calendar was for the previous month. I asked, do you know who's playing tonight? The answer (this would become a trend) was, "No". Not, "No...let me see if I can find out." Not, "No, they don't put the calendar up for a few days so the first few days of the month are always a surprise."...Just, "No."

Later in another bar, my friend orders a bottle of beer and asks the unengaged, personality-less bartender, "Do you have a cold glass?) I'm betting you know the answer he received..."No." NO? He has glasses and he has ice...it doesn't take Einstein to figure out how to get this guy a cold glass for his beer.

These are just two examples in a weekend filled with them. Bad service, bad food, rudeness, a REALLY crappy stadium (King Dome) and a terrible game. Plus, Seattle is home to the worst music in the country, IMO (I'm sure this is where many will disagree). I'd rather watch an old man country band in a joint in Tennessee (and I'm no country fan) than listen to a bunch of posers and Kurt Cobain wannabees play terrible punk/alternative/garage band music in a "hipster" club.

Damn that place sucked. With that said, I'd give it another chance.

What does the AFC winning the Super Bowl actually do for the Bills?

I need to know  <_<  :devil:

588444[/snapback]

Clements...we frail human beings...living in an insecure world...need ANY bit of vicarious victory we can attain. To SOME..that means the victory of the conference of the team that one roots for to get a vicarious feeling of victory. A pitt win will provide that to some.

Damn that place sucked.  With that said, I'd give it another chance.

588732[/snapback]

Not I - I hope I never see "Duwamps" again!

Granted, it rained the whole time, and we were hung over the whole time, and Kelly and the Bills stunk up the joint (Kingdome), but it just seemed such a miserably depressing place. Had to leave the game in the 3rd quarter and drown my misery in a bottle of Booker Noe at McCormick's. (Nice bar - I will say that!)

And that underground city thing? It's just a bunch of old basements, ferchrissakes!

GO STEELERS!

<_<

I don't hate the Steelers.  And yes the AFC being the better conference than the NFC is important to me.

588795[/snapback]

especially when that team that is representing plays the rams, cards and niners twice as well as the packers, vikings and lions and bears (only strong team).

Went their for a Bills game with a great group of people.  It seems as though everyone we ran into was either rude, incompetant...or both. 

For example, we were in a bar and they had their music calendar on the wall.  Well, it was the 1st of the month (or the 2nd), but the calendar was for the previous month.  I asked, do you know who's playing tonight?  The answer (this would become a trend) was, "No".  Not, "No...let me see if I can find out."  Not, "No, they don't put the calendar up for a few days so the first few days of the month are always a surprise."...Just, "No."

Later in another bar, my friend orders a bottle of beer and asks the unengaged, personality-less bartender, "Do you have a cold glass?)  I'm betting you know the answer he received..."No."  NO?  He has glasses and he has ice...it doesn't take Einstein to figure out how to get this guy a cold glass for his beer.

These are just two examples in a weekend filled with them.  Bad service, bad food, rudeness, a REALLY crappy stadium (King Dome) and a terrible game.  Plus, Seattle is home to the worst music in the country, IMO (I'm sure this is where many will disagree).  I'd rather watch an old man country band in a joint in Tennessee (and I'm no country fan) than listen to a bunch of posers and Kurt Cobain wannabees play terrible punk/alternative/garage band music in a "hipster" club.

Damn that place sucked.  With that said, I'd give it another chance.

588732[/snapback]

Sorry you had such a bad experience there. Maybe go there during the summer when it's not raining. The rain depresses them. :D