Rooting interest in Super Bowl 40

Like A Mofo

What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does ANY of this do for the Bills?

<_< , indeed.

588549[/snapback]

How can you openly root for the Steelers, a team whos fans drive ne NUTS at the Ralph...KOed us in 2004 is beyond me as well.

So what if they are "like Buffalo"....dosent matter one bit to me.

2.  I can't stand Steelers fans for the most part

588448[/snapback]

I was talking about this the other day. In general, they seem to have really good fans. They travel well and are always fairly knowledgable and boisterous. However, the dang towel-waving really turns me off. It is pretty gay. I would be able to get behind the Steelers in this game if it wasn't for the TT's.

How can you openly root for the Steelers, a team whos fans drive ne NUTS at the Ralph...KOed us in 2004 is beyond me as well.

So what if they are "like Buffalo"....dosent matter one bit to me.

588554[/snapback]

The same way I rooted for the Yankees when they played the Braves in 1999.

Buffalo's out of it. I could care less about their connection to this game. And despite what the Steelers have done to the Bills lately, I like them. Like their coach a ton and Bettis, too. The Rooneys are a great football family.

Got news for ya...I like Jimmy Johnson and the 1993 Cowboys, too. I love the Bills, bu I have respect for other teams, too....for many different reasons. <_<

Except the Dolphins....NEVER root for the Dolphins.

Is it our fault the steelers 3rd stringers actually came to play over our team fighting for their playoff lives?

I kinda like Pittsburgh (never been to a Buffalo/Pitts game so I haven't dealt with their fans and I don't blame them for showing us we did not have a playoff caliber team in 2004). Although I wouldn't have a problem if Seattle won either.

I was talking about this the other day.  In general, they seem to have really good fans.  They travel well and are always fairly knowledgable and boisterous.  However, the dang towel-waving really turns me off.  It is pretty gay.  I would be able to get behind the Steelers in this game if it wasn't for the TT's.

588557[/snapback]

I think Steeler fans are some of the nicest and best in the country. I've had good luck in the Burg with their fans and at the Ralph. (Jets fans are the worst, IMO.)

Put me down for Pittsburgh - I've always liked them as a team, and it's funny when Cowher gets all apoplectic and the spit starts flying out of his mouth as he's screaming hard enuff to burst a blood vessel! Geez Bill, do you serve towels with your showers???

Whenever the Steelers are on our home schedule, it's one of the first games to sell out - sometimes even before Miami - and you can count on about 30 thousand Steelers fans invading The Ralph. For the most part, I've never had a problem with their fans - at least no worse than some drunken Bills' fans.

As for Seattle - can't stand the place. It's a city built on sh*t and sawdust, and all the people there are, well... <_<

GO STEELERS!!!!

And PIT and BUF are very similar types of NFL teams. Small industrial city, family-owned team, etc.

Here we go Steelers.................

588373[/snapback]

Precisely why they are my second favorite team (Green Bay a close third or depending on my state of inebriation). Add to that an ethical organization that plays hard year after year ....

As for Seattle - can't stand the place.  It's a city built on sh*t and sawdust, and all the people there are, well... <_<

GO STEELERS!!!!

588615[/snapback]

We certainly met our share of rude clueless people in Seattle, Sen (although no more rude than the average New Englander...and less arrogant). But they're not ALL like that. LanaK6 seems to be a nice pleasant Bills' fan.

We certainly met our share of rude clueless people in Seattle, Sen (although no more rude than the average New Englander...and less arrogant).  But they're not ALL like that.  LanaK6 seems to be a nice pleasant Bills' fan.

588642[/snapback]

She's in Oregon, not Washington state <_<

CW

We certainly met our share of rude clueless people in Seattle, Sen (although no more rude than the average New Englander...and less arrogant).  But they're not ALL like that.  LanaK6 seems to be a nice pleasant Bills' fan.

588642[/snapback]

Who said I was a Bills' fan? :lol: Seattle and Portland are completely different cities. Please don't associate me with Seattle. <_<:lol: I pulling for the Seahawks, though, just because I don't have any other team around here to support. :devil:

588554[/snapback]

Well its hard to blame Pitt for us being bad. I mean, they did play thier second stringers and still owned us. They did thier part for the Bills to win.

I did go to a Bills-Steelers pre season game once and we were stuck with a family of Steeler fans including thier two mouthy, screaming kids that never shut up. No amount of beers could dull the shrill of those rotten lil sons of bitches either! Ever since then I have disliked the Steelers.

Seattle is a very nice city and the Seahawks have never been so I would like to see them win. Seattle and the hawks are very non offensive.

Well its hard to blame Pitt for us being bad.

588666[/snapback]

True, but you can say the same thing about any other team...well cannot blame NE because we are bad too....

Im sorry but you think for one second Pittsburgh fans would root for Buffalo because Buffalo is a similar city to Pittsburgh? Please!!!!