Rooting interest in Super Bowl 40

Like A Mofo

What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks

Steelers.

They're the type of team I hope the Bills can become.

Thanks to Cowher and great leaders such as Hines Ward, they have buckled down and they're PLAYING FOR EACH OTHER. 

That's what wins championships fellas.  Refusing to let your teammates down and doing everything possible to hold up your end.  Case closed.

589134[/snapback]

And you wouldnt want the Bills to be like the Seahawks of 2005?

Why not? Because the Seahawks fans dont wave terrible towels and won 4 SB's in the 70s?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Seahawks, as a 12 year old I was in the Kingdome for their first ever game (albeit a pre-season game) against the San Fransisco 49's, but..............

I cannot stomach another expansion team winning it all before the Bills.

Go Steelers!

Guest BackInDaDay
And you wouldnt want the Bills to be like the Seahawks of 2005?

Why not?  Because the Seahawks fans dont wave terrible towels and won 4 SB's in the 70s?

589302[/snapback]

The Seahawks are a class act that have led their conference since week one. I'm not rooting against Holmgren's team. I'm rooting for a team that has shown the stregnth of character to keep their season from slipping away, and work together to turn their year around and attain their goals.

It would be ridiculous to fault Seattle for not having to suffer through adversity on their way to success. I just admire the Steeler coaches and players for not taking their eyes off the prize.

How anyone harbors ill will toward professional sports teams is beyond me. :lol: Players, coaches and even ownership changes. What does this Steeler team have to do with the championship teams of the 70s? You don't think I was screaming at Rocky Blier and those guys during that Bills loss in the playoffs? Does it make them bad guys for beating my team?

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Stiller fans at school here. They are absolutely terrible. They take over whatever bar they're at, get wasted and simply act like !@#$s. During the Cincy playoff game, they were actually cheering as Palmer was being carted off. Despite having some of the most annoying fans, I'm rooting for the Stillers. I'd like to see Big Ben win one for selfish reasons, and I do like Cowher. Also, I do like the AFC to win especially in times when it's supposed to be the "dominant" conference.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Stiller fans at school here. They are absolutely terrible. They take over whatever bar they're at, get wasted and simply act like !@#$s. During the Cincy playoff game, they were actually cheering as Palmer was being carted off. Despite having some of the most annoying fans, I'm rooting for the Stillers. I'd like to see Big Ben win one for selfish reasons, and I do like Cowher. Also, I do like the AFC to win especially in times when it's supposed to be the "dominant" conference.

589917[/snapback]

'zackly. Stiller fans are halfwit idiots.

Believe it or not... I was in Seattle one time for 4 days and it was the sunniest 4 days I had ever seen... Rainier was in full view... Etc...

Must be an "up to the individual/eyes of the beholder thing?" :D  :D

Then again, I was on my honeymoon... 0:)  :lol:  :doh:

I'd say Dean, give it another chance and no I am not condoning marriage.

Anyway,,, I am rooting for the Steelers!

588998[/snapback]

Yes, me too ! The one time I spent a few days in Seattle it was sunny and hot. I was looking forward to the rain. I felt cheated !

Yes, me too ! The one time I spent a few days in Seattle it was sunny and hot. I was looking forward to the rain. I felt cheated !

589957[/snapback]

Oh man go there now you sure wont feel cheated...my aunt who lives in that area had to be evacuated for a couple of days due to excessive rain..what a mess

Oh man go there now you sure wont feel cheated...my aunt who lives in that area had to be evacuated for a couple of days due to excessive rain..what a mess

589985[/snapback]

All of our rivers here are at or near flood stage and we are expecting more rain today through the weekend. We've had over 10 inches of rain in the month of January. Then add the nasty wind. It sucks! I'd love to be able to see the sun for more than two minutes. 0:)