Rooting interest in Super Bowl 40

Like A Mofo

What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What team will you be pulling for in Super Bowl 40?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks

Go Seattle.

I rooted for Oakland vs. Tampa even though I didn't like Oakland just because they had already won 3 SB's and I couldn't stand the thought of the Tampa Bay freaking Bucs winning a SB before the Bills.

Now that that's over, what do I care if the Sehags win? I hate the Steelers and all their annoying bandwagon fans from the 70's.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clements...we frail human beings...living in an insecure world...need ANY bit of vicarious victory we can attain. To SOME..that means the victory of the conference of the team that one roots for to get a vicarious feeling of victory. A pitt win will provide that to some.

588764[/snapback]

I've had a few a-holes over the years bug me about how the NFC is so much better than the AFC citing the fact that the NFC has won more bowls than the AFC. So ever since I have kept track of that stat.

I don't hate the Steelers.  And yes the AFC being the better conference than the NFC is important to me.

588795[/snapback]

The Bills are 5-11 and a mess. What does it really matter that the conference wins a SB. Heck Seattle WAS an AFC team. Big deal if you ask me.

So seeing a team like Miami Dolphins win a Super Bowl would give you satisfaction because "hey Buffalo is a part of the AFC so that means a lot"

:D

I attended college outside of Erie, Pa. It is midway between Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Most of my friends from college are annoying and I mean ANNOYING Steelers fans.

I will be rooting for the Seahags!

588941[/snapback]

Gannon?

Absolutely....and already seeing 5 votes for the Steelers has me disturbed.

Any Bills fan who attended the 2004 Finale (like myself) and voted Pittsburgh should be ashamed of themselves!

588300[/snapback]

If the Bills couldn't beat Pittsburgh's backups and third stringers in a must-win game, they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Nor would they have won any playoff games. Pittsburgh did us a favor by exposing the weakness of TD's talent selection, Jerry Gray's defense, and Drew Bledsoe's quarterbacking. Now we're rid of all three! :D

Believe it or not... I was in Seattle one time for 4 days and it was the sunniest 4 days I had ever seen... Rainier was in full view... Etc...

Must be an "up to the individual/eyes of the beholder thing?" :lol::D

Then again, I was on my honeymoon... :D:lol::D

I'd say Dean, give it another chance and no I am not condoning marriage.

Anyway,,, I am rooting for the Steelers!

Believe it or not... I was in Seattle one time for 4 days and it was the sunniest 4 days I had ever seen... Rainier was in full view... Etc...

Must be an "up to the individual/eyes of the beholder thing?" :lol:  :D

Then again, I was on my honeymoon... :D  :lol:  :D

I'd say Dean, give it another chance and no I am not condoning marriage.

Anyway,,, I am rooting for the Steelers!

588998[/snapback]

Unlike the Senator, I'm willing to give it another chance. Before I go, I'll get some advice from fellow Wallers.

Can't get a cold glass for beer...stupid motherdu#ker...)

The Bills are 5-11 and a mess.  What does it really matter that the conference wins a SB.  Heck Seattle WAS an AFC team.  Big deal if you ask me.

So seeing a team like Miami Dolphins  win a Super Bowl would give you satisfaction because "hey Buffalo is a part of the AFC so that means a lot"

588944[/snapback]

See my post above about a-holes bugging me about the NFC is better than the AFC.

That's why they call it PNC Park. :D

589013[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol:

That's pretty fuc#ing funny. (Especially for a Pollock from Lancaster.)

...sorry...shouldn't have said that...sorry...

Hey!  I'm offended by that!

I'm a Polack from BUFFALO!!!

589089[/snapback]

Well, this WOP from the Falls thought you were from Lancaster, presently living in the Bufftown.

Sorry to insult you. :D

Well, this WOP from the Falls thought you were from Lancaster, presently living in the Bufftown.

Sorry to insult you. :D

589096[/snapback]

No no, I am not that easily offended - or I wouldn't be hanging out here! :D

Just a point of order - I was born in the buff...town. Moved to Lancaster when I was 7 (only 'cause that's where my parents moved), moved away at 18. Since my return, I've lived in BuffTown.

Guest BackInDaDay

Steelers.

They're the type of team I hope the Bills can become.

Thanks to Cowher and great leaders such as Hines Ward, they have buckled down and they're PLAYING FOR EACH OTHER.

That's what wins championships fellas. Refusing to let your teammates down and doing everything possible to hold up your end. Case closed.