Top-10 Board if Ngata, Ferguson, Williams are gone

Marv won't trade.

Probably stuck with the CB- who will provide return help at least as a nickle back.

It would be nice to have a real TE, though.

585934[/snapback]

I'm confused. Did Marv say he souldn't make a trade? It's not like he has a track record as a GM...this is weird, IMO.

Also, I wouldn't call getting the CB Williams "stuck", unless there is some validity to the "character issue" being raised below. (Getting tossed from one game does not a character issue make. Should I assume there is something more here?) The dude can flat-out play and is one of the few CBs with real skill over 6' (I think he's 6'2").

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how you'd feel about the Bills going CB especially if they resign Clements.  I can't see investing that much in CB personally.

585973[/snapback]

Well ALL of this depends on who they resign, what happens in free agency, etc. Until we know our needs after FA, this is all just masterbation (without the release, I might add).

Well ALL of this depends on who they resign, what happens in free agency, etc.  Until we know our needs after FA, this is all just masterbation (without the release, I might add).

586033[/snapback]

Right.

So let's assume they resign Clements. Do you think Williams is a good pick? I think it's a luxury they can't afford at that point.

Right.

So let's assume they resign Clements.  Do you think Williams is a good pick?  I think it's a luxury they can't afford at that point.

586041[/snapback]

If they re-sign (not just franchise) Nate, it depends on what they think of the value of the remaining players. You can never have too many good CBs, IMO. Huff might be a good choice then (still a little bit of a reach at 8, i think)...Hali would be great.

Don't get me wrong...I'm rooting for a bigun...but not a reach bigun. As far as I'm concerned the only positions they shouldn't even consider for the 1st pick are:

QB, RB (FB), WR and TE.

just confirmed my hunch -- negative blasts at ralph and marv repeated over and over again........you deny it?

585989[/snapback]

Well genius, I just went back and looked at all my posts since the first week of January. I racked up about 150 posts over that stretch and I see about 5 of them which take negative blasts at either Ralph or Marv.

So if you consider a grand total of 3% of my posts to be "repeating over and over" then you are correct. Otherwise YOU ARE A LIAR.

You used to take that many shots at Donahoe in a single hour, but mine stretched out over a 3 week period is crusading? :lol::lol::lol:

Are you really that stupid or are you just that big of a douchebag?

Or both?

:lol:

Now why don't you run along and put up another 100 posts about how TD was stupid for not giving Jonas Jennings 50 million dollars to play 3 games.... :ph34r:

I say we pull a Vikings, and just let teams keep passing us by. Then we'll grab someone who will suck, but at least cheapo Ralph will only have to pony up the money from the lower slotting. I am sure it will be a fat tub of goo guy who can't move on the Oline, or a high motor white DE.

In a post elsewhere, i've been talking about a scenario that's been a nightmare in the back of my mind. It may have been discussed before as well. This nightmare if you will, is not so far fetched. It's a definite possibility and it plays out like this:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Mario Williams

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

So now what? Obviously, try and trade down. The crop that's around now as far as DT and OT go are nowhere's NEAR worth picking at #8. But what if we can't trade down? Then we're stuck at 8 looking outside the box. Here's how my board would stand:

1.) Tambla Hali, DE Penn State

2.) DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

3.) Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

4.) Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

5.) Michael Huff, S Texas

6.) Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

7.) Lendale White, RB USC

8.) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

9.) Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

10.) Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

Another RB? DeAngelo Williams might be too good to pass on. Especially if they feel WM needs another guy with him.

585894[/snapback]

Trade down for more picks, in the second and in the third. Build the lines and create SOILID depth for the years to come. Not to mention an additional first next year.

585912[/snapback]

I guess it must be from watching the Nc State / BC game this past fall, but I just loved Mathias Kiwanuka, DE. He just dominated and has a non-stop motor. Loved the WAY he played -great effort and talent but if no Nate C, then Jimmy Williams would be nice if Marv is convinced he has good character. Just getting kick out of a game b/c an emotional outburst??? unless it is reoccurring, I don't think that in itself constitutes a bad guy.

If they love Cutler or DeAngelo Williams you never know...

In a post elsewhere, i've been talking about a scenario that's been a nightmare in the back of my mind. It may have been discussed before as well. This nightmare if you will, is not so far fetched. It's a definite possibility and it plays out like this:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Mario Williams

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

So now what? Obviously, try and trade down. The crop that's around now as far as DT and OT go are nowhere's NEAR worth picking at #8. But what if we can't trade down? Then we're stuck at 8 looking outside the box. Here's how my board would stand:

Another RB? DeAngelo Williams might be too good to pass on. Especially if they feel WM needs another guy with him.

585894[/snapback]

This is what I would go to if no DT or OT

1.Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

2.Tambla Hali, DE Penn State

3.Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

4.Michael Huff, S Texas

5.Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

6.Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

7.Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

8.Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

9.DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

10.Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

But what if we can't trade down? Then we're stuck at 8 looking outside the box. Here's how my board would stand:

585894[/snapback]

Sorry, but I can think of few football posts that have made less sense than this. It is hard to believe that you are serious.

Teams run right through us, because we have lousy DTs. Despite this, we have a DE with a dozen sacks and you list 2 in your top ten? :ph34r:

We have drafted receivers and running backs first for years on end. It hasn't worked. I can tell because we suck. Still, you list a TE, a WR, and 3 running backs? Are you a masochist?

A CB? Really? We can franchise Nate, and MaGee is one of our best players.

Another 1st round QB? How much do you think he will cost at #8? Who cares, right?

This football team needs people who can block, wouldn't you say? The Bengals were said to have reached for Jones, and look at what he has done. I know that Marv will soon be 81, but GMs are supposed to be able to identify people who can play football at positions that will help the team.

If Marv doesn't bring us immediate help accross the entire OL, JP will be beaten to a pulp, perhaps SO bad that he will be unable to give hair flopping high fives.

If he doesn't bring us help at DT, teams will continue to dominate us on the ground on our home field.

Seriously, if the Bills select from your top ten, this team will be hard pressed to improve at all.

The bad news is that I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you are correct. :lol:

Sorry, but I can think of few football posts that have made less sense than this. It is hard to believe that you are serious.

Teams run right through us, because we have lousy DTs. Despite this, we have a DE with a dozen sacks and you list 2 in your top ten?  :ph34r:

We have drafted receivers and running backs first for years on end. It hasn't worked. I can tell because we suck. Still, you list a TE, a WR, and 3 running backs? Are you a masochist?

Another 1st round QB? How much do you think he will cost at #8? Who cares, right?

This football team needs people who can block, wouldn't you say? The Bengals were said to have reached for Jones, and look at what he has done. I know that Marv will soon be 81, but GMs are supposed to be able to identify people who can play football at positions that will help the team.

If Marv doesn't bring us immediate help accross the entire OL, JP will be beaten to a pulp, perhaps SO bad that he will be unable to give hair flopping high fives.

If he doesn't bring us help at DT, teams will continue to dominate us on the ground on our home field.

Seriously, if the Bills select from your top ten, this team will be hard pressed to improve at all.

The bad news is that I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you are correct.  :lol:

586286[/snapback]

Did you read the whole post?

I'm listing guys you pick at 8 if Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, and Ngata are gone and we CAN'T trade down.

So you're saying we should take Brodrick Bunkley or Claude Wroten at 8? Both may slip to the late-1st/early-2nd. Yes, I know the Cinci-Jones story. But it wasn't anywhere's near as bad as that.

And don't even talk to me about Eric Winston or Winston Justice at 8.

I'm listing guys you pick at 8 if Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, and Ngata are gone and we CAN'T trade down.

So you're saying we should take Brodrick Bunkley or Claude Wroten at 8? Both may slip to the late-1st/early-2nd. Yes, I know the Cinci-Jones story. But it wasn't anywhere's near as bad as that.

586544[/snapback]

Well, if those top 7 are gone, I like the idea of drafting Williams at #8.. We can give Nate the Francise tag this year, and this accomplishes two

things:

#1 We can assess Nates play for another season, and see if we really wanna spend the big money to keep him long term.

#2 It will give Williams a year under his belt, incase Nate goes bye bye after the Franny year

That being said.. I hope Ngata makes it to pick #8..

Are you really that stupid or are you just that big of a douchebag?

Or both?

586070[/snapback]

Damn! :lol::lol::lol:

Last week I would've said Kiwi, & I know it's only a snapshot, but I didn't like what I saw of him against Da Brick this week, so I'd have to drop him down. Hali looks good, but I'm afraid of drafting yet another Penn State bust that high... better safe than sorry.

So my options as of this morning (subject to change :lol: )would be:

1. Trade down to the middle of the 1st round with another team that wants Cutler.... I will not however trade with the Felons. :ph34r:

2. If I'm still at #8: Vernon Davis, Winston Justice, or Michael Huff

I can see it now. Everyone knows how the Jets fans go nuts when they draft their 1st pick. They show them on tv booing or cheering. Well I really think that the Jets will draft a qb this year. I bet Young will be on the board and Cutler will certainly be there. They will take one of the two in my opinion. There QB sistuation was a mess last year and they were so desperate they brought Vinny out of moth balls. The Brick will go 3rd.

586544[/snapback]

Yes I did, and I think it was absurd. I am sure that there will be at least one blocker who is now projected to be taken later than #8 who will be a fine payer in the NFL. This is what the Buffalo Bills need.

TD was too smug to find one. He was more concerned with selling tickets, and himself as some sort of wise guru. If Marv is too stupid (or disoriented) to know that his football team needs blockers and DTs, then we are doomed to long term failure, and might as well take one of the "skill" players that you listed.

He (or she) could platoon with Little Roscoe Parrish.

My big question at this point (a little off topic) is who else has a chance to sneak into the top 7 and bump one of those seven down to us? Who on your list of 10 available for us might sneak into the top 7 and push someone better down? (Mario Williams, please please please).

I've heard some of the Cutler to the Jets talk, but am doubtful.

Of the players you list, Davis, Holmes, White, Huff, and both Williams play positions not in the top 7, so could potentially be a need pick (although I'm not expecting any of this to happen). So if the top 5 go as you picked them, then San Fran going for a defensive back and taking Huff and Oakland sticking with Ngata would push Mario Williams to us. Probably not going to happen, but I'm really hoping somebody's stock rises or someone drafts based on need, leaving us with a better player.

Teams run right through us, because we have lousy DTs. Despite this, we have a DE with a dozen sacks and you list 2 in your top ten?  :doh:

The bad news is that I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you are correct.  :doh:

586286[/snapback]

You are so deluded about Schobel.-the wracker-upper of sacks against back -ups and bad teams and when it doesnt matter.3rd and lonnngggg...Schobell..where arrrrrrre youuuuu???