With the hiring of Fairchild as OC...

Tipster19

He will remain what he was hired as, the QB coach. My understanding is that due to his problems with his throat he would be unable and unwilling to take more on than working with a few individuals and providing input when asked.

I don't think he was ever considered for anything else, nor did he want to be.

I just hope he stays.  To me it is not a given that any of the O coaches are still staying until Fairchild says so.

584032[/snapback]

I think that will be Jauron's call, though Fairchild probably gets to say what he thinks, not that it will matter. As for Wyche, it may be Ralph who has the final say.

Or Marv.  In any case, who wouldn't want a guy like Wyche on their staff?  Eh?

584050[/snapback]

I agree 100%, look at what he did with JP! B-) I'm just kidding, I really do like Sam. He can teach JP more, he can act as a sounding board for the other coaches, especially Jauron. You can tell that Sam is a football guy, it's in his blood. He's perfect for Buffalo.

Didn't both Marv and Sam come through the Bill Walsh family? I know Sam did in Cinncy, and I though Levy had a connection with Walsh too? When you look at all the coaches, they really all are decendents of about ten or so "patriachs" (sp) Wlsh, Parsells, Gibbs And those guys came from others. There's alot of imbreeding going on in the coaching ranks.

If we start referring to the families around here, people might start thinking we're discussing the mob.

Didn't both Marv and Sam come through the Bill Walsh family?  I know Sam did in Cinncy, and I though Levy had a connection with Walsh too? When you look at all the coaches, they really all are decendents of about ten or so "patriachs" (sp)  Wlsh, Parsells, Gibbs And those guys came from others.  There's alot of imbreeding going on in the coaching ranks.

If we start referring to the families around here, people might start thinking we're discussing the mob.

584065[/snapback]

"Dom Belichick with your permission I would like to start my own family."

"Mangini I shall grant you this favor, you may form your own family in NJ, and some day I may ask a favor from you, maybe even twice per year." B-)

Don't forget, Marv and Sam Wyche had a pretty public feud, in 1988, prior to the AFC championship game. Marv complained that the Bengals "no-huddle" violated the "spirit of the game", and Wyche countered with somehthing to the effect of "what a sore loser."

Ironically, Marv would steal Wyche's no huddle, and ride it to four Super Bowl appearences, and a bust in Canton....maybe Marv feels he has to keep Sam around, as a debt! (Ha-ha!)

I know, I know, everyone will point out that Marvs' no-huddle was different than Wyches', but Wyche was the innovater....we are lucky to have someone like him on our staff, maybe now, more than ever....

No offense, but why does everyone want him to stay so badly?

Seems so me that our Quarterback position has pretty much sucked lately.

584186[/snapback]

Not even the world's finest chef can prepare a meal without any ingredients. Expecting Wyche to work miracles with Losman isn't realistic.

Not even the world's finest chef can prepare a meal without any ingredients. Expecting Wyche to work miracles with Losman isn't realistic.

584931[/snapback]

Wow...you are just a JP basher...I finally got that you are on a crusade. :) (Probably a Pats fan.)

Sam thinks there is MUCH to work with in JP. At least that's what he says. I'll trust the chef.

I was surprised that when Mularkey quit Wyche stayed. This started to make me think that Wyche just might get a promotion after all. Now that Buffalo hired an OC from outside of the organization, what do you think will to Wyche now?

584020[/snapback]

If the new regime feels JP is the QB of the future they'll keep Sam around for this season (and maybe more). Yet don't be surprised if they bring in a younger assistant, say as an offensive quality coach who will eventually suceed Wyche.

Well, I guess this question has been answered. I don't think that there can be too many more surprises left, we're running out of position coaches. Oops, I better hold that thought, the replacements could be shocking.

585411[/snapback]

It can ALWAYS get worse.