What do you like about Jauron?

D' men

Good first hire, good personality, very confident (confidence is what this team needs most), and he can and is ready to take criticism. I like this guy!!!! :ph34r:

He's not like the other coaches we've had, since Marv left in 97.

I like the fact that TD passed over him.  That puts him with some really outstanding company as far as head coaches!  :ph34r:

582938[/snapback]

You know, that's a damn good point...

He is not Sherman.

I think Sherman is a good HC who clearly has a better record of accomplpshment than Jauron.

However, the big problem I see right now for the Bills is that there are too many cooks as Ralph rules because its his money and he promises to be more active which does not bode well for this team as he clearly has made a number of big mistakes (the handshake agreement to reward Jimbo in his next contract when he clearly was on the downhill part of his game and he got knocked out of football, apparently pushing RJ playing because he hated seeing so much bonus $ siitting on the bench, and whatever role he played in our general mishandling of the QB over the past decade).

In addition, the inexperienced Marv is in charge on the flow chart.

The more experienced Modrak is around but apparently wants to do his job from FLA making him sort of a GM by experience level but not by inclination.

I understand folks seeing inexperienced Marv needs some help here, but it is hard for me to see how it would not make this too many cooks issue even worse for us to bring in a former GM into the shop.

It will be tough to make our current situation work. IMHO in order to win we must:

1. Hope that Ralph is mostly seen but not heard. Its his money so I think it is far more likely that a soft approach to this by fellow Golden Boy Marv will work much better than if the HC attempts to IMPOSE his will and vision on the team as iiots like Jerry Sullivan (who seems to care more about having a fight to cover than getting Ws). Since it is Ralph's money you cannot in the in force him to do anything, he has to be soft-talked and begged.

2. Hope that Marv supplements his inexperience by relying on Modrak who was involved in building winners in Philly and apparently has a lot of the responsiblity for some of the good moves we made.

It is hard for me to see how Sherman who got canned in part in HG because he did not like losing the GM role would really just not make things incredibly bad here.

Jauron has clear limitations, but if we do a good job of supplementing this with a good OC and Marv does the same job of keeping warring guys on the same page which he did with the Bickering Bills, Jauron may be a good choice for us specifically because his clear limitations will make him coach and do nothing more.

That he's straight foward. He seems like a guy who means what he says and says what he means. He doesn't make outlandish promises, he just tells you he's gonna try to do all he can. He seems to set a starting point for realistic expectations. He's not flashy. He doesn't come here with a lot of hub cause of some flashy offense, or air raid training camp. He seems pretty blue collar no nonsense kind of coach. So far so good, now lets see how he rounds out his staff.

I like him because his hiring pissed off so many fans.

Now, as he begins to right the ship and turn things around he'll have more potential converts. By the time he wins his first SuperBowl here with The Bills, all of WNY will be a lovefest for him, Marv and Ralphie. It will be bee-ooo-tee-full!