I have a Peeve

About quoting long posts. Now, we know that quoting gets a reply back to the attention of the original poster. Nothing wrong with that. If one wishes to make comment of length on a lengthy post, that's fine.

But I do get tired of folks quoting a 2 or 3 page post, and replying "Your post is too long for me". :D I'm tired of having to scroll through such. I've even seen folks quoting a lengthy post, then accusing the poster of using up "bandwidth".

Evidently, some do not know that you can edit the quoted source, just leaving a line or two, preferably with a tailing ellipsis...

The original poster gets the reply without the lengthy regurgitation. Pretty simple, eh? :doh:

About quoting long posts. Now, we know that quoting gets a reply back to the attention of the original poster. Nothing wrong with that. If one wishes to make comment of length on a lengthy post, that's fine.

But I do get tired of folks quoting a 2 or 3 page post, and replying "Your post is too long for me".  :D  I'm tired of having to scroll through such.  I've even seen folks quoting a lengthy post, then accusing the poster of using up "bandwidth".

Evidently, some do not know that you can edit the quoted source, just leaving a line or two, preferably with a tailing ellipsis...

The original poster gets the reply without the lengthy regurgitation.  Pretty simple, eh? :doh:

581723[/snapback]

I agree

But I do get tired of folks quoting a 2 or 3 page post, and replying "Your post is too long for me".  :D  I'm tired of having to scroll through such.  I've even seen folks quoting a lengthy post, then accusing the poster of using up "bandwidth".

The original poster gets the reply without the lengthy regurgitation.  Pretty simple, eh? :doh:

581723[/snapback]

What?

581723[/snapback]

Your post is too long for me.

Cantankerousness.

adj. Can.TANK.er.os.ness

A fancy word, that imparts a description of an action in place of a term that begins with pri and ends with ck. See also the colloquial shortening of the proper name, "Richard." :lol:

582030[/snapback]

Rich?

And I have a pet peeve as well. Why don't the waitresses at Hooters ever sport a little nip? I swear to Jesus that they must wear armor plated bras. What's up with that?

Rich? 

And I have a pet peeve as well.  Why don't the waitresses at Hooters ever sport a little nip?  I swear to Jesus that they must wear armor plated bras.  What's up with that?

582048[/snapback]

Rich.... :lol:

To Hooter's..why? They get big tips all night long already... :)

But I do get tired of folks quoting a 2 or 3 page post, and replying "Your post is too long for me".  :lol:  I'm tired of having to scroll through such.  I've even seen folks quoting a lengthy post, then accusing the poster of using up "bandwidth".

The original poster gets the reply without the lengthy regurgitation.  Pretty simple, eh? :)

581723[/snapback]

I kinda miss the days of "quoting quotes" ad infinitum...three screenfuls of a variety of quotes from people with "I agree" at the bottom...

But I do get tired of folks quoting a 2 or 3 page post, and replying "Your post is too long for me".    I'm tired of having to scroll through such.  I've even seen folks quoting a lengthy post, then accusing the poster of using up "bandwidth".

The original poster gets the reply without the lengthy regurgitation.  Pretty simple, eh?

I kinda miss the days of "quoting quotes" ad infinitum...three screenfuls of a variety of quotes from people with "I agree" at the bottom...

582389[/snapback]

I think Gross Dan said it best, I agree.