SDS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

who would we have chosen?  :D

Geez, it seems DJ would be on the short list of candidates - no?

579591[/snapback]

Of the candidates that the Bills interviewed only one was highly regarded which might be why he was placed on a pedestal. Capers, Lofton, Juaron, etc. were all either failures or didn't have enough experience to really be considered a legitimate candidate. So if you're compiling a short list you could pretty much put everybody that was interviewed on it except Sherman. I'm more upset with the overall candidate pool than I am with the actual hiring of Juaron.

Dom Capers, Butch Davis, Joe Vitt, Dave Wannstedt, Norv Turner, Mike Reilly, Marty Mornwheig (sp?), Mike Tice, Any HC of the Arizona Cardinals for the last decade or two,......

Dick Jauron looks pretty good in that company.

all kidding aside, in the world of active coaches, it is hard to find someone with a worse track record than Jauron.

579602[/snapback]

let me ask you a question....was Steve Mariucci consider a great hire when he went to the Lions? He should have, he had a great track record as a HC...He did squat in Detroit...in fact, I think they played much better for DJ than they did for SM...just playing devils advocate, so to speak.

579591[/snapback]

Cannot agree more! He'd be on the short list with Dom Capers, Mice Tice, and Mike Martz. Although, no kidding, I'd rather have Martz. At least we'd be entertaining at times, and would score some points.

let me ask you a question....was Steve Mariucci consider a great hire when he went to the Lions?  He should have, he had a great track record as a HC...He did squat in Detroit...in fact, I think they played much better for DJ than they did for SM...just playing devils advocate, so to speak.

579617[/snapback]

but that argument suggests that past success is actually a poor indicator of future success. :D

I never understood Mariucci's appeal, so that isn't a good anectdote with me.

Dom Capers, Butch Davis, Joe Vitt, Dave Wannstedt, Norv Turner, Mike Reilly, Marty Mornwheig (sp?), Mike Tice, Any HC of the Arizona Cardinals for the last decade or two,......

Dick Jauron looks pretty good in that company.

579613[/snapback]

How do you figure? Throw Dick Jauron in that bunch and he fits tighter than an airbrushed bikini.

579591[/snapback]

The ideal choice would be the one, the only, Rick Venturi

Rick Venturi:

1978-80 Northwestern 1-31-1

1991 Colts: 1-10

1996 Saints 1-7

For a total coaching record of 3-48-1...now theres a loser :lol:

579591[/snapback]

Not mine. Marty Mornhinweg, Butch Davis, Richie Petitbon, Joe Bugel, the Kevin Gilbride/Mike Riley exacta in SD... everyone the Cowboys had after Switzer/before Parcells...

Not thrilled about Jauron, but I'd take him over anyone on that list.

579591[/snapback]

He would also be on the short list of "recent coaches of the year".

What was the talent level he had in Chicago?

If any team hired Gregg Williams this year it would have been widely considered "a great hire". In fact, Washington overpaid him and basically promised him the job when Gibbs re-retires. What is his track record?

579591[/snapback]

Seriously...is there anyone that was available, with head coaching experience, with a winning career record, who could walk on water, bring in free agents, solve world hunger, stop global warming, teach JP to be Brett Favre, and create lines of steel out of the guys at the Big Tree Inn that was going to be welcomed with open arms by more than 85% of Buffalo fans??? You guys shot down every candidate this year for every possible reason save maybe shoe size, then again Mike Sherman does have some small feet.