Why Dick Jauron

Casey D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can look forward to Shane Matthews-look-alike Kelly Holcomb to run the offense with JP getting work in at least one series per game - to gain experience ala Cade McNown. Maybe we'll get Gary Crowton for OC. He did great for one year after he left da Bears, then he went poof!

I'm beginning to wish Marv replaced Van Miller or Paul McGuire instead of TD.

wow. talk about your fantasies.

So, it is actually a GOOD thing that Dick Jauron was a miserable, hated failure everywhere he went because that makes him more like Bill Belichek? :D

The only thing DJ has on his resume that got him hired was the word "Chicago" and the fact that Hall of Fame Coach Marvelous Marv Levy, your General Manager and man guiding the ship, used to watch him coach on the sidelines during the years he was begging to get back into the NFL (pleads that fell on deaf ears).

That is truly outstanding.... It's great to see that people can look at a pile of crap and see an image of the messiah in the twist and turns simply because that pile of crap has an ancient friend who wants to be comfortable and busy in his last years on earth.

579254[/snapback]

He did go 13-3 in 2001 and get coach of the year.

Of course, if Mike Brown didn't return like 5 interceptions in overtime for scores, the Bears go 8-8. :lol:

So we can look forward to Shane Matthews-look-alike Kelly Holcomb to run the offense with JP getting work in at least one series per game - to gain experience ala Cade McNown. Maybe we'll get Gary Crowton for OC. He did great for one year after he left da Bears, then he went poof!

I'm beginning to wish Marv replaced Van Miller or Paul McGuire instead of TD.

579489[/snapback]

Isn't Shane Matthews with the Bills? Shane starts! Yes!

Quit smoking your crack pipe.........Sherman had better record than JAuron and was even part of Ron Wolf's scouting department. This is just like taking Williams and Mularkey over John Fox and Charlie Weiss........The records speak for themselves. There's a lot of great coaches that didn't go to Yale, such as bill Belicheck and John Fox to name a few. Most people that went to Yale are working on Wall street!!!!!!

quote=Casey D,Jan 23 2006, 07:21 AM]

The Buffalo Bills have been run like a fantasy team for the fans over the last five years. Lots of flash and good PR, but no character. Need to get the fans excited, trade for an over-the-hill Bledsoe and watch the fans come out like he's Jim Kelly. Need another shot of adreneline, sign an aging Lawyer Milloy in 2003. Fans hate Gregg Williams, fire him. Fans want a hot new QB, draft Losman. Fans sick of Bledsoe and want hot young QB, dump Bledsoe. And the fans lapped it up, selling out every game in 2005, while the team sunk to new depths.

Now we have a new sheriff in town named Marv Levy, who has a very different approach. We are going to build this team right, from the bottom up with quality, character players. Not everyone will be from that lack of character institution--the University of Miami--we'll get some quality guys. We will build the lines-- so we can block and tackle. We will get the fundamentals right.

Enter Dick Jauron. Certainly no flash there. But by every account a quality man who players will play for. Oh, and he went to Yale, so he's likely smart, and can learn from his mistakes. And he's high character, and a teacher. And he knows the value of a stout D-line.

So what do many on this board want--run him out of town. Why, because we did not hire the flashier, instant gratification candidate in Mike Sherman. And truth be told as much as the fans say they hated TD at the end, they in fact miss his "give the fans what they want" approach, even if they don't know anything about building a winning business, much less a football team. All they know is that they want to make a big splash today, so the media will say nice things about us.

I am tired of the TD approach. I am tired of the push for instant gratification. I want to see teams, like those when Levy coached, who know how to take a punch and get back up and fight some more. I want a team that beats Miami when the QB finds a way into the end zone on the last play, not one that loses on the last play. Levy knew character and quality before. I think he still does. And while Jauron may not be flashy, he has the brains and character that this team so desperately needs right now.

579193[/snapback]

This whole hire makes me sick to my stomach - I also lived in Chicago during the Jauron era and it just plain SUCKED!!! The fact that the Bills went with the comfortable hire again is just disgraceful to the fans!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun when he brings in his loser QB coach from his Bears days to be Offensive Coordinator - LOSER!!

Doesn't matter who coaches this team if we don't acquire some play makers. Marv wasn't a great coach, he was a good coach with great talent. Let's get some talent and maybe DJ can get them all to play nice together and win some games!!!!

Tell me Bill Belicick's 5 year record with Cleveland?  Rep on him at the time, great coordinator, over matched as a head coach.

This has been mentioned too many times now.  Belichick does not equal Jauron.

:D

579225[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not getting this also. What does Jauron have to do with Belicheck? Just because BB started in the same way does sure as hell not mean it will end the same.

Doesn't matter who coaches this team if we don't acquire some play makers.  Marv wasn't a great coach, he was a good coach with great talent.  Let's get some talent and maybe DJ can get them all to play nice together and win some games!!!!

579518[/snapback]

That is just so much nonsense. Good coaches get players to play to their maximum potential, they can motivate, they can game plan. What you are saying is that only the talent scouting department matters in the NFL. If that were the case, there should be no cocahing changes - just front office scouting department changes. Let me flip around the argument a bit - are you implying that it was wrong to fire GW and chase MM away ? Cos it can not be that there was talent on the roster. If there was, we would have won no matter how well or badly GW and MM were coaching.

Jauron is a defensive guy and yet his defenses as HC and DC have, for the most part, been in the bottom half or worse. (His offenses have been even worse when he was HC.)

I'm expecting a 2-14 season coming up.

That is just so much nonsense. Good coaches get players to play to their maximum potential, they can motivate, they can game plan. What you are saying is that only the talent scouting department matters in the NFL. If that were the case, there should be no cocahing changes - just front office scouting department changes. Let me flip around the argument a bit - are you implying that it was wrong to fire GW and chase MM away ? Cos it can not be that there was talent on the roster. If there was, we would have won no matter how well or badly GW and MM were coaching.

579533[/snapback]

Dude, all I'm saying is that if there is that much of a difference between Sherman and DJ it can be overcome with talent. I think youyr getting too much wind over in Chi-town....

The Buffalo Bills have been run like a fantasy team for the fans over the last five years.  Lots of flash and good PR, but no character.  Need to get the fans excited, trade for an over-the-hill Bledsoe and watch the fans come out like he's Jim Kelly.  Need another shot of adreneline, sign an aging Lawyer Milloy in 2003.  Fans hate Gregg Williams, fire him.  Fans want a hot new QB, draft Losman.  Fans sick of Bledsoe and want hot young QB, dump Bledsoe.  And the fans lapped it up, selling out every game in 2005, while the team sunk to new depths.

Now we have a new sheriff in town named Marv Levy, who has a very different approach.  We are going to build this team right, from the bottom up with quality, character players.  Not everyone will be from that lack of character institution--the University of Miami--we'll get some quality guys.  We will build the lines-- so we can block and tackle.  We will get the fundamentals right.

Enter Dick Jauron.  Certainly no flash there.  But by every account a quality man who players will play for.  Oh, and he went to Yale, so he's likely smart, and can learn from his mistakes.  And he's high character, and a teacher.  And he knows the value of a stout D-line.

So what do many on this board want--run him out of town.  Why, because we did not hire the flashier, instant gratification candidate in Mike Sherman.  And truth be told as much as the fans say they hated TD at the end, they in fact miss his "give the fans what they want" approach, even if they don't know anything about building a winning business, much less a football team.  All they know is that they want to make a big splash today, so the media will say nice things about us.

I am tired of the TD approach.  I am tired of the push for instant gratification.  I want to see teams, like those when Levy coached, who know how to take a punch and get back up and fight some more.  I want a team that beats Miami when the QB finds a way into the end zone on the last play, not one that loses on the last play.  Levy knew character and quality before.  I think he still does.  And while Jauron may not be flashy, he has the brains and character that this team so desperately needs right now.

579193[/snapback]

This is an excellent post. However, the truth remains to be seen.

Dude, all I'm saying is that if there is that much of a difference between Sherman and DJ it can be overcome with talent.  I think youyr getting too much wind over in Chi-town....

579585[/snapback]

But what is the need to attempt 'overcoming the difference'. Why could we not have hired someone with a better track record and tried to be more than we will be now ?

And the wind in Chicago is better than the hot air emanating from OBD right now. I am just waiting for the spin machine to get in motion, perhaps it is being filled with extra oil for the long grind ahead.

But what is the need to attempt 'overcoming the difference'. Why could we not have hired someone with a better track record and tried to be more than we will be now ?

And the wind in Chicago is better than the hot air emanating from OBD right now. I am just waiting for the spin machine to get in motion, perhaps it is being filled with extra oil for the long grind ahead.

579624[/snapback]

the majority of this post is stating that Sherman would have been the better hire. so i stated that IF there is that big of a difference, it could be overcome with talent. I would like to have seen MS as well, but it's not going to happen. so, let's get some good talent in here and see what happens.