If this board was alive in 1986

Like A Mofo

Please tell me how "you knew" Marv would be a great hire in 1986....like Pats fans "knew" Brady woould be great BEFORE Drew got hurt?  Yeahhhh... :rolleyes:

Or did you wait and see what happens and not have E$PN idiots on radio stations and talk show analysts forulate opinions FOR you??????

578749[/snapback]

I for one thought it was a terrible mistake. He was unimpressive in KC, and was terrible in the USFL. He had old-boy-network retread written all over him.

I was of course wrong.

Please tell me how "you knew" Marv would be a great hire in 1986....like Pats fans "knew" Brady woould be great BEFORE Drew got hurt?  Yeahhhh... :rolleyes:

Or did you wait and see what happens and not have E$PN idiots on radio stations and talk show analysts forulate opinions FOR you??????

578749[/snapback]

My reaction at the time to marv---...an old mediocre cronie type with a modest record.

People need to just relax.He may be fine.We are judging him from his Chicago days?? with that CRAP organization?-Its a miracle that he won as much as he did.

I was pissed over Marv in 86. He did absolutely nothing with KC.

578765[/snapback]

Well, he did run the single wing.

That was entertaining, at the very least.

And although my reaction was partly "Marv Who?" it was a lot more of "thank GOD that buffoon Bullough's gone."

I actually wrote a letter to Marv Levy shortly after he became head coach in Buffalo. (I still have his reply letter somewhere in my attic back in Elmira.) Anyway, I can't remember the actual content of the letter I wrote, but it was something to the effect of "Welcome to Buffalo and I sincerely hope you can do something to turn this team around."

Maybe I should pen something to Mr. Jauron, eh? :rolleyes:

Well for starters, we likely would have been ripping the hell out out Ralph the year prior when he went cheap and hired some red headed unknown for a GM

Then we would have complained that this unknown GM knuckeled under to Ralph and went cheap again and hired some loser coach.

578761[/snapback]

Seems like I remember hearing that Marv would eventually be coach once Bill P. was promoted as the two had previous ties. I may be wrong and I couldn't find anything via google...

I actually wrote a letter to Marv Levy shortly after he became head coach in Buffalo. (I still have his reply letter somewhere in my attic back in Elmira.) Anyway, I can't remember the actual content of the letter I wrote, but it was something to the effect of "Welcome to Buffalo and I sincerely hope you can do something to turn this team around."

Maybe I should pen something to Mr. Jauron, eh?  :rolleyes:

579189[/snapback]

If it worked before, might work again. I say go for it.

Why are you trying to compare Levy and Belicheck with Jauron? You have a crystal ball and you know that since Levy and Belicheck had losing records but ended up with solid records this is what will happen to Jauron. What do you base this on other than similar records? When Marv was given the job back in 1986 their was a HUGE difference. I remember Jerry Butler on the Buffalo news saying that "Levy just walked into a gold mine." The Bills were loaded with talent and hungry players. They had a leader on offense in Kelly and with Bruce on defense. Would you compare it with any current players? The thing you have to remember also is that on Marv's team their were real leaders in fact I'll go ahead and say Kelly was more of a leader than Marv. I love Marv but he had so much talent on those teams. Would he have been as successful with average players?

Please tell me how "you knew" Marv would be a great hire in 1986....like Pats fans "knew" Brady woould be great BEFORE Drew got hurt?  Yeahhhh... :D

578749[/snapback]

Marv just happened to be the lucky soul that inherited a a SUPER Team...a trained Monkey could have coached the Bills back then with the talent they had.

I wanted the Bills to hire Steve Spurrier off his USFL days. When Marv was announced, I was like-they just got another mediocre retread.

The thing was, if you look at the 1986 press guide, Marv is mentioned in Polian's bio. So, it was basically a done deal that as soon as Polian could find a reason to fire Bullough & bring in Marv, he was going to do it.

Marv just happened to be the lucky soul that inherited a a SUPER Team...a trained Monkey could have coached the Bills back then with the talent they had.

579534[/snapback]

Then why was Bullough 2-7 with that talent?