Why All the Blame on Bledsoe?

Realist

I've watched the games, I've read the papers and all the stevestojan this board has to offer and have not yet seen any evidence that changing QB's will make a damn bit of difference. Can someone please come up with a VALID argument why putting Matthews in will make this team better or when JP comes back that will make this team better? VALID arguments do not include Drew sucks, DB is a statue, etc..

The first game the loss cannot be blamed on him when you have dropped passes, fumbles, killer penalties, and a defense that gives up on three 4th down plays.

The second game, although there were a couple of Drew misfires, there were a lot more dropped passes, more dumb penalties, the OLine forgot how to block from week 1 to week 2, RB's don't know how to take out a blitzing player and once again a defense that can't stop a 3rd and 27.

How is putting Matthews in going to change any of this, except maybe more misfires. How is JP going to change this? If anyone says because he's more mobile, it didn't seem to help Culpepper Monday when he was under constant pressure.

There were a lot more problems than the QB position and after looking at everything again, a different QB would not have changed the outcomes with everything else that happened.

Because Drew is done.

Our O production is the worst since 1984.

We are 4-12 in our last 16 with Drew.

He was sacked 7 times last week.

He's erratic even on wide open throws.

I could go on, but, I offically have jumped off the Drew bandwagon. This franchise will continue to spin it's wheels until he's gone.

See my quotes post about what Pats fans saw and it may be enlighting....this isn't a new trend for Drew.

NC...

1) what team or offensive line coud Drew function for right now?

2) are you suggesting that a Steve McNair, Donavan McNabb, Matt Hasselback, Tom Brady, or Brett Favre would fare no better than Drew as the Bills QB?

41480[/snapback]

I don't think Brett Favre would but the others maybe only slightly better. Because you put those guys in, you are suggesting that the dumb penalties will stop, the WR will now catch everything, Henry will be able to pick up and stop a blitz and the OL all of a sudden will slap their foreheads :blink: , and say "I get it! I know what to do now!" What I'm saying is DB is not the main problem here.

NC, I'm all with you on this one. It was inevitable that this first hint of a subpar performance, the Bledsoe vultures would be circling. "He's missing wide open receivers" - I'm having a hard time thinking of a wide open receiver Bledsoe missed. He took one bad sack Sunday, the one that took them out of field goal range. The other sacks were either jailbreaks, uncovered blockers (Buchanan) or were 3rd and long when he's holding onto the ball trying to make a play for a first down.

How come nobody wants to talk about the 2.7 yard per rush the Bills are averaging - second worst in the league. I'm not trying to throw Henry overboard here, but the lack of offensive production is rooted in subpar line play. If we capitalize on the 1st and goal opportunity in either game, people's outlook may be different. Hopefully, the line play will improve.

How is JP going to change this?  If anyone says because he's more mobile, it didn't seem to help Culpepper Monday when he was under constant pressure.

41444[/snapback]

I agree on Matthews and there is no way he should see the field short of DB being injured. However.....

Having a QB who is mobile and can escape the pass rush or run for a critical first down is useless based on one game you saw on Monday night???? You're kidding right?? The ability to make plays because of your mobility is a huge asset!

I've watched the games, I've read the papers and all the stevestojan this board has to offer and have not yet seen any evidence that changing QB's will make a damn bit of difference.  Can someone please come up with a VALID argument why putting Matthews in will make this team better or when JP comes back that will make this team better?  VALID arguments do not include Drew sucks, DB is a statue, etc..

The first game the loss cannot be blamed on him when you have dropped passes, fumbles, killer penalties, and a defense that gives up on three 4th down plays.

The second game, although there were a couple of Drew misfires, there were a lot more dropped passes, more dumb penalties, the OLine forgot how to block from week 1 to week 2, RB's don't know how to take out a blitzing player and once again a defense that can't stop a 3rd and 27.

How is putting Matthews in going to change any of this, except maybe more misfires.  How is JP going to change this?  If anyone says because he's more mobile, it didn't seem to help Culpepper Monday when he was under constant pressure.

There were a lot more problems than the QB position and after looking at everything again, a different QB would not have changed the outcomes with everything else that happened.

41444[/snapback]

The good qb`s can win ball games for their teams sometimes ..it CAN be done...Farve,Elway ETC....So what your saying is Drew should just sit back and not make mistakes...I got an idea.."why don`t we get a qb who will help us win"!!!!! NAW!...that would be stupid!

I agree on Matthews and there is no way he should see the field short of DB being injured.  However.....

Having a QB who is mobile and can escape the pass rush or run for a critical first down is useless based on one game you saw on Monday night????  You're kidding right??  The ability to make plays because of your mobility is a huge asset!

41588[/snapback]

AMEN...How many times did Mcnabb monday nite bail his o-line out and run for a 1st down,or scramble away and hit a key 3rd down pass....These people who don`t think a mobile qb is important this day an age are braindead buffoons!

I don't think Brett Favre would but the others maybe only slightly better.  Because you put those guys in, you are suggesting that the dumb penalties will stop, the WR will now catch everything, Henry will be able to pick up and stop a blitz and the OL all of a sudden will slap their foreheads  :blink: , and say "I get it!  I know what to do now!"  What I'm saying is DB is not the main problem here.

41494[/snapback]

your right!..but he`s 99% of the problem.

How is JP going to change this?  If anyone says because he's more mobile, it didn't seem to help Culpepper Monday when he was under constant pressure.

41444[/snapback]

You're joking right? :blink:

You must have watched a different Game than I did because were it not for stupid penalties every time the Vikes got close, Culpepper's ability to avoid the Rush and make plays with his feet would likely have won that Game for Minnesota...The guy was scrambling around on almost every play, avoiding the Blitz, making plays with Defenders draped all over him, and had a couple nice scrambles called back...My thought while watching that Game was that Culpepper could have been killed without his mobility...

I agree with you on Matthews, though I have to admit I'd like to see someone other than Drew in there for a drive or two purely for experimental purposes. It gets to the point where you wonder, regardless of the skill level, whether or not this Offense is just jinxed under Drew. I know that's not scientific, but I defy anyone to tell me this looks much different from what we saw last year on Offense, and Drew is still the QB. Regardless of the Coaching changes, philosopy changes, etc.., the net results remain the same. And sooner or later the Bills will have to give another QB a chance if in fact this continues...And I'm not saying it will continue, but if it does...

And based on the way this Offensive Line usually looks in Pass protection, I would say JP's scrambling ability will result in at least an extra 2 to 3 1st Downs per Game...And that could very well be the difference between a Win and a Loss for the Bills... B)

How come nobody wants to talk about the 2.7 yard per rush the Bills are averaging - second worst in the league. I'm not trying to throw Henry overboard here, but the lack of offensive production is rooted in subpar line play. If we capitalize on the 1st and goal opportunity in either game, people's outlook may be different. Hopefully, the line play will improve.

OK. splain me this... when you have 8 and 9 defenders in the box, how do you run the football?

Answer, you don't!

What you do is make the defense pay for doing that by gouging them with huge pass plays because if a defense puts 8 and 9 guys in the box, that means the outside receivers are one on one with a corner. Any QB worth their salt has to beat that 80-90% of the time. If they can't, they don't belong in the NFL.

Why All the Blame on Bledsoe?

41444[/snapback]

Pretty obvious...

There were an awful lot of Bills fans, myself included, who wanted to see Bledsoe gone after last season.

The Drew apologists cried and cried and cried, resulting in one prolific poster getting banned and personal attacks against anyone who "crusaded" against Bledsoe.

Forced into silence, these Drew bashers were then fed a line of propaganda from both the apologists & from OBD: Sam Wyche will reform him...the 4-second alarm clock... run run run.

Unfortunately, Drew did nothing special in Week 1 to get the bashers off his back & was brutal in week 2.

All that pent-up frustration that had been building and building since Drew was re-signed exploded on Sunday night, and has been pretty steady ever since.

No one should be any surprised at this reaction, it was a long time coming.

Is it all Bledsoe's fault? no

Can he turn it around???? I don't think so, but we'll see...

Looking good against the Pats would be a big start.

A QB that can make the progression of reads quicker and is mobile would do much better than Drew. Drew needs 5 seconds at least to make his progressions. We all know he isn't going to get 5 seconds unless he can scramble around.

A mobile QB can buy more time until he can scan the field or a WR come back and gets open. This translates to more 1st downs and point.

We know JP Losman is more mobile, we are yet to see if he can make the reads. As far as Mathews, can he be any worse? We are losing now so what difference would it really make?

it is time for wgr55 to get the hell of the air

they have little sports knowledge, rarely get a decent host

they allow callers to call in and say stevestojan like " the bills suck, they have always sucked and always will suck" this is just babble, no real insight

i didnt mind when we had 107.7 but being that it is the only sports station in buffalo, it doesnt cut it

shoop and the bulldog berated a caller for saying marvin harrison was not a free agent after this season when he is

it is just nothing but a bunch of useless bashing, backed up by little logic

bring us a real sports station

If anyone says because he's more mobile, it didn't seem to help Culpepper Monday when he was under constant pressure.

41444[/snapback]

Are you joking? Culpepper actually MADE PLAYS despite the fact that a blitzer was coming in free on just about every play. Sure they lost...to perhaps the best team in the league on the road...and they didn't lose because Culpepper wasn't making plays despite the piss poor blocking, they lost because of a fumble on the 1 yard line and a holding call that negated a TD. That game DEMONSTRATES what a good QB can do even when he has no blocking (he made accurate throws, felt the pressure and either moved in the pocket and threw the ball or took off running for positive yardage). The Vikings moved the ball up and down the field against a solid D on the road with no blocking.