Espn news stated that if Sherman's interview is

billsboys

Sherman was not the GM when the Pack tried to get JP was he?

572125[/snapback]

Working off of memory, but I think that was his last season as GM. I'm by no means 100% certain, he may have been relieved of his GM duties beforehand.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been checking in TBD regularly but haven't really read TSW in quite some time - at least until last night.  I only read a couple of threads then and hadn't seen it mentioned.

Sorry for being redundantly redundant.  :blink:

572133[/snapback]

HAHAHA no need to apologize...i've been stuck here at work since like 7pm (its going on 8 am now) so I have been able to read pretty much the entire board.

Sherman is a safe bet for RW and ML. He has a track record and has a penchant for winning. It would not be a bad choice in my book, considering who else was being considered for the job. I think he would bring a lot of stability to the team and I think it wouldn't take him long to figure out that he needs to get linemen in a hurry.

Working off of memory, but I think that was his last season as GM.  I'm by no means 100% certain, he may have been relieved of his GM duties beforehand.

572139[/snapback]

I have no clue and lack the attention span at this point in my day to actually research it. Hopefully someone will do the leg work for the both of us.

The one thing Sherman brings is some GM experience. He can teach Marv some of the ropes and Marv can read literature to Mike.

Seriously though Sherman is the type of coach that could do well here. Figure Marv is only going to be GM for 2 years, you need an organized coach who can help out with some of the Gm role initially plus be a good on field coach. He is going to have a lot of say and be listened to on our needs.

Perfect situation for that person who wants to be a coach/gm like Mike was at one time and had GB doing okay with until they stripped him of his GM role and their GM cut everyone, and still expected Sherman to win.

Perfect situation for that person who wants to be a coach/gm like Mike was at one time and had GB doing okay with until they stripped him of his GM role and their GM cut everyone, and still expected Sherman to win.

572174[/snapback]

This part does ring true... back when Sherman was GM/HC, the Packers did have back to back 12-4 seasons. That would certainly be nice to see here again.

I think the ideal situation for continuity purposes would be hire Mike Sherman as the HC.  He is an Offense coach, and with the impression that JP Losman has the look of a young unseasoned Favre.....i know that is a big reach, but that is what everyone keeps saying.

Then hire Ted Cottrell as the DC/Assit. Head Coach with a promise that he gets the HC gig if things fall apart on Sherman.  As long as things don't fall apart on Cottrell's defense first.

572136[/snapback]

I think you're right. With these two names coming in, they will have instant credibility with the coaches, PLAYERS and the fans. Something that the last regime lacked largely. And if things don't pan out with Sherman (which I highly doubt) then Cotrell will be in the wings to take over.

Good post I agree 100%.

ESPN-- Making the news instead of reporting the news. How could they know this type of information? Why would anybody that is in the room interviewing give out information like this at this point of the interviews? Somebody has to stop these guys. Between NFL network and ESPN the reporting just keeps on getting worse.

The one thing Sherman brings is some GM experience.  He can teach Marv some of the ropes and Marv can read literature to Mike. 

Seriously though Sherman is the type of coach that could do well here.  Figure  Marv is only going to be GM for 2 years, you need an organized coach who can help out with some of the Gm role initially plus be a good on field coach.  He is going to have a lot of say and be listened to on our needs. 

572174[/snapback]

It's about time we agree on something. You were certainly more on the money about Mularkey than I was.

ESPN-- Making the news instead of reporting the news.  How could they know this type of information?  Why would anybody that is in the room interviewing give out information like this at this point of the interviews?  Somebody has to stop these guys.  Between NFL network and ESPN the reporting just keeps on getting worse.

572626[/snapback]

Because Fassel is going to be the Bills next coach.....opps wait.....no,no this time around it's Haslet, no doubt.....opps wait....um maybe Jauron, but if the interview goes well, it will be Sherman.....Yeah thats it Sherman.

THis just in from ESPN:

Sherman's ass IS bigger than Jauron's, however Mike can do more things with his ass since Jauron is too conservative. Clayton thinks Jauron is cuter than Sherman, but likes Sherman better because he puts out.

Chris Mortenson is confirming this report that Clayton is gay with a 90% certainty.

THis just in from ESPN:

Sherman's ass IS bigger than Jauron's, however Mike can do more things with his ass since Jauron is too conservative. Clayton thinks Jauron is cuter than Sherman, but likes Sherman better because he puts out.

Chris Mortenson is confirming this report that Clayton is gay with a 90% certainty.

572638[/snapback]

Clayton is now reporting that sources deep within the Bills have revealed that Mortenson can only get it up for Asian pre-op transsexuals.

The one thing Sherman brings is some GM experience.  He can teach Marv some of the ropes and Marv can read literature to Mike. 

Seriously though Sherman is the type of coach that could do well here.  Figure  Marv is only going to be GM for 2 years, you need an organized coach who can help out with some of the Gm role initially plus be a good on field coach.  He is going to have a lot of say and be listened to on our needs. 

572174[/snapback]

Sherman also brings Bill Bates as the DC, and that would be nice!!!

Clayton is now reporting that sources deep within the Bills have revealed that Mortenson can only get it up for Asian pre-op transsexuals.

572729[/snapback]

Clayton has updated his previous report by saying that he is in pre-op to become a pre-op Asian trans-sexual, and has official asked Chris Mortenson out. Dan Patrick mentioned that Matt Millen wants to watch.