The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a real big fan of the BITUSA tour, but I always liked when Bruce covered it back then.

687731[/snapback]

I've never heard his version, but for some reason I picture him singing it like he's taking a dump, lol.....I'll have to give it a listen sometime though if you say it's good

Spazz did the best last night, IMO. He showed diversity in his song selection and did exactly what he was told to do for the second song: no spazzing, just sing. Great job by him.

Chris was second. He seems very uncomfortable in his second song, like he was just going through the motions. The first song was ok. He has done better in previous weeks, but he should be safe this week.

McFunbags let me down. She has been pretty inconsistent this year. Last night was not a good night for her. The first "medly" was bad. Not her style and she failed to pull it off. The second song had so much potential for her and she failed to deliver. I am willing to overlook the flub in the lyrics, but she should have nailed the song, but came up small.

I have not been a fan of Elliot at all this year. His performances have fluctuated from painful to boring. I know people here like him, but I practically fall asleep during his performances (or run for the ear plugs). Last night, he was having trouble keeping things together, especially in the beginnings of the songs.

It is a tough call on who should go home. On one hand, there is Elliot. I just do not see what the appeal is with him. IMO, his performances are on a tier below the rest of the contestents. McFunbags has been dropping off and has been way too inconsistent this year. Chris has been up and down recently. It really looks like he is wearing down and struggling more and more each week. Fortunately for him, his talent is still able to shine through. Spazz has been pretty consistent all year. He knows his style and is able to inject his personality into each song.

My bets: Elliot and McFunbags as bottom two with Elliot going home. I would not be shocked if Chris was in the bottom two, but McFunbags deserves to be there more than him.

It's time for Elliott to go home. The judges have been ball washig him since the beginning, but in my eyes he has always been average at best. The fan base of McFunbags, Spaz & Chris will crush Yamin. Have no fear though...Paula will tell Yamin what a great future he will have as a recording star. :lol:

While I do not think Elliot is an American Idol, he was the only one last night to hit it with both songs. But as the voting on this show is no different than a sixth grade election for class president, he will most likely go tonight. If it was based soley on last nights performance Kat probably should go.

Here's how it will go down this month:

Tonight, McFunbags and Chris are bottom 2, with the Kat leaving.

Next week, Cueball will get all of McFunbag's votes so Yamin will be finally gone,

setting up the final 2 showdown....

SPAZZ vs. CHRIS!!!

where it will be tarding vs. screaming

and (much to the chagrin of the producers) :lol:

our next American Idol will be THE SPAZZ!!!

Here's how it will go down this month:

Tonight, McFunbags and Chris are bottom 2, with the Kat leaving.

Next week, Cueball will get all of McFunbag's votes so Yamin will be finally gone,

setting up the final 2 showdown....

SPAZZ vs. CHRIS!!!

where it will be tarding vs. screaming

and (much to the chagrin of the producers)  :P

our next American Idol will be THE SPAZZ!!!

687998[/snapback]

:lol: I'm pulling for Spazz.....I think Chris will have plenty of good opportunities whether he wins or not....but Spazz could really get a nice career boost if he wins the thing. Besides, when Spazz is ON, he's damn good. You get that guy some good material, hire "The Barry" to arrange the music, and put some cash into the marketing part of it, I think he could definitely have a successful album.

Chris is the only contestant in the 5 years of Idol that I would actually see myself listening to his album. I wouldn't buy it, but I would listen to it.

As for Spazz, Elliot, and McFunbags: if someone gave me thier cd, I would take it and use it as a beer coaster. I know that many posters are on the Spazz bandwagon, but I just don't get it. Would you actually pay to see him perform or buy an album of his?

Chris is the only contestant in the 5 years of Idol that I would actually see myself listening to his album.  I wouldn't buy it, but I would listen to it.

As for Spazz, Elliot, and McFunbags:  if someone gave me thier cd, I would take it and use it as a beer coaster.  I know that many posters are on the Spazz bandwagon, but I just don't get it.  Would you actually pay to see him perform or buy an album of his?

688264[/snapback]

Someone shared a link to a few of Taylor's songs when this AI first went on the air. They really were VERY good. I didn't think he's translate to win AI, but it's obvious this guy can really write songs and sing.

I've caught pieces of two Taylor performances on AI and I thought he was terrible. Running around, looking stupid and barely singing, from what I saw/heard. He didn't sound like the same guy I heard earlier.

My point is, I think if the guy writes and sings his own stuff, his album might be very good. I'm not sure he's cut out to be a pop cover artist...which is what AI's all about...no?

I know that many posters are on the Spazz bandwagon, but I just don't get it.  Would you actually pay to see him perform or buy an album of his?

688264[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Absolutely not! :lol:

They all suck, but some are funnier than others.... and this season, no one is funnier than the Spazz. :P

To me, there are 3 main reasons I like to watch this show:

1. Simon.

2. The first few shows for the Gong Show-type talent.

3. The results shows on Wednesday, when they leave everyone hanging & all tense + nervous until someone gets sent home.

The actual performances all pretty much suck to me unless you've got someone funny like Fat !@#$ last year or Spazz... or if there's someone I love to hate like Mantasia... if Simon isn't ripping anyone to shreds, the Tuesday show is dead to me.

GO SPAZZ!

Just wanted to let you all know that checking in with this thread a few times caused me to have the following conversation with my wife last night:

Me (blurting out thoughtlessly): McFunbags can't even sing because she's dancing too much.

Wife: Mc what? Did you just say McFunbags?

Me: Umm.... :lol::P

Just wanted to let you all know that checking in with this thread a few times caused me to have the following conversation with my wife last night:

Me (blurting out thoughtlessly): McFunbags can't even sing because she's dancing too much.

Me: Umm....  :lol::P

688295[/snapback]

:doh::doh:

I have often found myself slipping refering to her as Mcfunbags and getting either laughs or dirty looks from folks depending upon the company I am in.

Me: Umm....  :):lol:

688295[/snapback]

:doh::lol::lol:

I have not been a fan of Elliot at all this year. His performances have fluctuated from painful to boring. I know people here like him, but I practically fall asleep during his performances (or run for the ear plugs). Last night, he was having trouble keeping things together, especially in the beginnings of the songs.

687884[/snapback]

Not me! I've been anxiously awaiting his departure all season long! I don't understand the Yamin love from the judges, but it won't be enough to save him tonight. In fact, after his second performance I jokingly said they'll tell him it's his best performance yet, even better than the first song which was his then best performance to date. And wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what they said. So aggravating. Good-bye, Yamin!

Yamin was pretty rough & tough last night performing Trouble, the only thing missing was the leather jacket and leather pants, what a rebel! :doh::)

Too bad for McFunbags her Hound Dog was even lamer. :lol:

See, I have nothing against the cueball, he was aiight.

They take an ordinary scrub like him with a little bit of talent and a little bit of ego, then pump him up week after week after week, creating a monster. His head got so fat... people screaming for him at Graceland and all... that I know he thought he was untouchable, the Chosen One. Then SMACK!! in front of millions & millions, it's all over. Right now, I bet he still can't believe it. "Why I am gone, while the Spazz and Yamin are still there? Why? Why? WHY???" Beautiful, must-see TV. If only it would've been Bo Bice last year or Mantasia. :devil:

Now the Spazz is the Chosen One, Rebecca Romajn pimping for him...what a most-excellent show!

I'sm starting to get really nervous about facing New Jersey in the finals.

Oh.....wait......NEVER MIND.  :devil:

689080[/snapback]

What the hell is this post doing in THIS thread? I really should have coffee before posting.

So sorry

Someone shared a link to a few of Taylor's songs when this AI first went on the air.  They really were VERY good.  I didn't think he's translate to win AI, but it's obvious this guy can really write songs and sing.

My point is, I think if the guy writes and sings his own stuff, his album might be very good.  I'm not sure he's cut out to be a pop cover artist...which is what AI's all about...no?

688285[/snapback]

I actually bought his cd on-line from a record store in Birmingham, one of those independent, sell at your shows kind of cd's. It is very good. A soulfull bluesy cd where almost every song is worth listening to. I would difinitely buy this kind of cd and go see him if he played a small enough venue, like the Tabernacle in Atlanta. I think his live shows would be very entertaining.

I actually bought his cd on-line from a record store in Birmingham, one of those independent, sell at your shows kind of cd's.  It is very good.  A soulfull bluesy cd where almost every song is worth listening to.  I would difinitely buy this kind of cd and go see him if he played a small enough venue, like the Tabernacle in Atlanta.  I think his live shows would be very entertaining.

689186[/snapback]

After seeing the spectacle he's made of himself on AI, I'm not sure I could watch him in concert.

After seeing the spectacle he's made of himself on AI, I'm not sure I could watch him in concert.

689189[/snapback]

He's just doing what his fan base wants. I think he would have success touring the country ala Jimmy Buffett and selling out all of his shows because of his version of the Parottheads, the Soul Patrol. He may not be a pure musician but he is one hell of an entertainer.

I think pic# 4 is my favorite.

it looks like Taylor is trying to squeak one out from the left cheek.

:devil:

689206[/snapback]

It's my favorite too...

Seacrest: "America, take a good luck at your Final 2!" :angry:

I actually bought his cd on-line from a record store in Birmingham, one of those independent, sell at your shows kind of cd's.  It is very good.  A soulfull bluesy cd where almost every song is worth listening to.  I would difinitely buy this kind of cd and go see him if he played a small enough venue, like the Tabernacle in Atlanta.  I think his live shows would be very entertaining.

689186[/snapback]

I'm friends with the owner of the Variety Playhouse....maybe I can talk him into making Spazz an offer :w00t: