Nothing like watching Goliath fall

Corp000085

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my feeling too.  Still had 2 TOs left and 25 secs.

568594[/snapback]

that should be more than a feeling... that should be outrage. 2 TOs and you don't call one there? WTF? That is inexcusable. It was FAR too important a play to not think about it.

568594[/snapback]

I don't know why they didn't call a TO after the first long completion with about a minute left. He lost about 25 - 30 seconds getting set for the next play (the first down gain of 8). To me it always makes a lot more sense to call the TO after a longer gain.

But yeah, with 2 TOs left, you have to pick up the first down before you worry about anything else.

568594[/snapback]

They definitely should have looked for another 1st. They had time, TO's, and needed to get a bit closer. Bad, bad, choice of plays.

GG Posted Today, 04:23 PM

QUOTE(KD in CT @ Jan 15 2006, 04:20 PM)

I gotta question the play calling on 3d and 2.  Assuming a 46 yarder is money is reckless.

That was my feeling too. Still had 2 TOs left and 25 secs.

I was saying the same thing. 3rd & 2, all they had to do was run the ball and they get a new set of downs, not to mention get a closer FG attempt, and they had the power to stop the clock with their timeouts.

Strangely enough I see this happen many times with other teams. If all you need is 1 yard or 2, then get the first down, and give yourself more chances.

Yeah, but it was an offsides too.  Equals out IMO.

568587[/snapback]

there was a blatant 35 yard pass interference in the second quarter on randle el that wasn't called - it would have put the steelers in the red zone. as it was, they had to punt. it was a badly officiated game, but the steelers were more jobbed than the colts. the 4th and 1 call was bad, but it really had no bearing on the game - the colts ended up having enough time anyway.

you know, its taken me 15 years, but i now realize that norwood's kick wasn't all that bad! 47 yards in the grass for a SB win at night, 46 yards in a dome on turf for a tie in a divisional game? the only clutch thing about vanderjagt is that he's always going to be the token drunk.