Eric Mangini rumored to be top HC candidate...

haff20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mangini has been all over the New York papers as being the top canidate for the job. Everyone is pushing for him to sign with the Jets. He's probably becoming a very hot canidate.

On his age:

Troy Brown who is older than him said, he earned his respect and everyone in the locker room respects him!

Who know what will happen, just lettin you guys know hes not a new thing. NYC papers have been talking about him since Monday.

OUT

And if the choice is between Bills & Jets, remind me why would he choose the Bills?

564969[/snapback]

good question, but it's not as easy an answer as you might think. bradway is in trouble, the owner made a huge mess of things with the west side stadium debacle last year, and is said to be a meddler in any case (that was certainly parcells and later belichick's perception).

moreover, they are waaaaaaaaaay over the cap, which is something that in most cases can be addressed fairly easily. however, in this case, it's sort of like the flutie-johnson situation in that a ton of money is tied up in pennington, who may well never be even a moderately competent qb again due to the shoulder injury. martin seems to be done or at least on a serious downward trajectory, their great center is 35 and coming off of a serious injury, john "bad attitude" abraham wants out, and their top receiver will probably never be the same guy because of a chronic toe injury.

the point is, they're in a world of trouble. worse than the bills actually. also, you have to ask -- who would you rather work for: terry bradway or marv? i'd take marv.

I would always worry he would still be working for Belichick and Kraft in secret, destroying the Bills from the inside.

PTR

564957[/snapback]

Don't worry about that. The all-powerful BB sends out mind control waves that destroy his AFC East opponents from afar. This year he focused on the Bills and Jets. Watch what he does to the Fins next year.

Well...He has an Italian surname...Which means I HAVE to give him the initial benefit of the doubt...If he's Sicilian, then he's My #1 Candidate... ;)

Seriously though, I like the Belichick ties, but you have to wonder with a guy like this are The Bills going to be the Training Grounds once again for a 1st time HC who is not ready for Prime Time?...

Besides...I think all these other Names are just a smokescreening right now...My gut tells me Haslett already has the Job if he wants it...

I'm still holding out hope for Jim Tressel...Sure it's not going to happen, but a Bills Fan can dream anything at the moment... <_<

good question, but it's not as easy an answer as you might think. bradway is in trouble, the owner made a huge mess of things with the west side stadium debacle last year, and is said to be a meddler in any case (that was certainly parcells and later belichick's perception). 

564995[/snapback]

Obviously not that much of downsides....

Are you kidding me?

We're talking about hiring a 34 year old head coach?

For gawd's sakes he'll be younger and less experienced than some of his players!  :doh:

564853[/snapback]

The CEO of my company is 32 and he's done a hell of a job. But alas, experience here, please.

I just heard it on ESPN radio.  I guess the NE defensive coordinator is scheduled to talk to Buffalo early next week.

564837[/snapback]

He can only talk to the Bills if NE is out of the playoffs, so how can anything be "scheduled?"

a young guy will take a few years to learn.

let's just get a quality guy with some experience

567073[/snapback]

What kind of experience do you want? Head coaching experience? Plenty of guys succeed without it. Assistant experience? He's got a decade of it. I don't see why he isn't as desireable as someone who's already PROVEN they can fail like Haslett, Martz...

Just for the sake of this thread, has anyone else heard anything on this?  I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere with the bills vaccant hc job. Although I wouldn't be opposed to it.

567078[/snapback]

As my hint above indicated, ESPN News reported that Mangini is next HC of NYJ