ESPNEWS: Mularkey out?

soldier

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow!i have to really say i never saw this coming..when they didnt fire him right off i was very disappointed.after the press conference where they said he was staying on i just accepted it.i wonder if we can give tennessee a 4th round draft pick for jeff fischer and then we can have mike heim however you spell his name be our offensive coordinator from the jets.talk about a day turning out ok wow!

Seriously though, why would you (try to talk him out of leaving)?  Ralph gets to keep his cash, and the team gets started under a new HC one year early.  If the report is true do you really want him coaching your football team?

563346[/snapback]

I agree, this makes no sense at all. I was so excited as the season winded down that everyone was going! Then I find out that MM was staying and that this team would be in turmoil for the next few years waiting to straighten that mess out.

Now they are trying to talk him in to staying!?!?

The only thing I can say is TD better have been much more involved in the on-field decisions than any of us know, because if MM was responsible for what we saw last season, there is NO logical reason to fight to keep him.

How much do you want to bet that the real disagreement is who will be hired as OC and DC.

563302[/snapback]

that sounds very reasonable............that and when marv broke down the tapes from this past season and was asking mike what he was thinking........................................mike probably broke down and cried and siad he had no idea why he was calling them dumbass plays.................or marv asked him who was calling these dumbass plays lol

I think it makes sense and for the first time i actually agree with Mike Florio on a possible cause

We think there's a lot more to this one that someone calling Mularkey Jr. a bad name at school.  The "family considerations" would have been more pronounced during and/or immediately after a disappointing regular season. 

So why not quit then?

It could be that Mularkey opted to say nothing until Wilson decided whether to fire him.  After all, NFL coaches who get fired while under contract still get paid; guys who quit don't.

It's also possible that Mularkey didn't take kindly to the termination of multiple members of his coaching staff, or that he already has tired of hearing Levy say words like "overofficious."

Or it could be that one of the other teams with a head coaching vacancy has come sniffing around, quietly and discreetly.  Surely, Mularkey isn't going to retire from the profession.  With vacancies in New York, Oakland, New Orleans, Detroit, and St. Louis, maybe someone put a bug in Mularkey's ear that if he can get out from under his current contract he might have a shot in another city.

Mort talking about Mularkey.  Might Quit.

563253[/snapback]

We can only thank the lord or whomever for this glorious, glorious day! The two idiots running the bills into the ground for the past 2/5 years are both gone. Now let's go out and get a real coach.