predictions this weekend?

I'll go out on a limb:

colts over the steelers by 7 to 10 points. i just can't see pitt winning in a dome against a good team coming off a bye and with those corners.

denver over NE by a couple of scores - going back to the mid-90s, shanahan has been the only coach in the league to consistently annihilate belichick defenses. plus they're at home coming off of a bye.

seattle in a blowout over washington. the fraudulence of the skins will end in an ugly fashion as they get trounced by a far more talented team and an offensive mind who has a leg up on gregg-o.

carolina over chicago. i can't see chicago scoring the necessary 16 points to win the game.

I'll go Colts over Pittsburgh, high scoring for both, but Colts cover (-9). 38-24 Colts.

Denver at home in the night game. Pats are the trendy pick, and they have been playing well...but in another fairly high scoring game, I'll say Denver 27-23. You should never lose a home playoff game that starts at 8:30pm.

Seattle over 'Skins. That West Coast trip is not a cakewalk. 31-13 Shehawks.

I heard on Mike & Mike this morning that the average age on the Bears defense is 25. Urlacher and Mike Brown, both just 27, are the only holdovers from the 2001 team that went 13-3. That defense has a chance to be good for a long time. I say the defense carries them and Rex does just enough...17-10 Bears. (The over/under is 30.5!!! I guess with my predicted score, I'm going under!)

I'll go out on a limb:

colts over the steelers by 7 to 10 points.  i just can't see pitt winning in a dome against a good team coming off a bye and with those corners.

denver over NE by a couple of scores - going back to the mid-90s, shanahan has been the only coach in the league to consistently annihilate belichick defenses. plus they're at home coming off of a bye.

seattle in a blowout over washington. the fraudulence of the skins will end in an ugly fashion as they get trounced by a far more talented team and an offensive mind who has a leg up on gregg-o.

carolina over chicago. i can't see chicago scoring the necessary 16 points to win the game.

562435[/snapback]

Indi over Pitt

NE over Denver

Seattle over Washington

Chicago over Carolina

Pitt over Indy - Steelers are on a roll and Indy still knows for to choke

NE over Denver - it's still Jake Plummer despite a decent season

Seattle - 27 days of rain ? Leave the dome open - no difference

Chicago's "D" is better than the terribly inconsistent Panthers

Colts over Steelers- too much speed on that turf

Seahawks over Skins- this will be a blowout

Bears over Panthers- this should be close but I like that Bear D to make enough plays

Patriots over Broncos- another close battle but look for Belichick to make adjustments from first game, plus NE is a lot healthier this time

I'll go out on a limb:

colts over the steelers by 7 to 10 points.  i just can't see pitt winning in a dome against a good team coming off a bye and with those corners.

562435[/snapback]

Indy over Pitt in tight game..

NE(satan's team) over Denver--hope im wrong

Carolina over Chicago--Carolina always tough in playoffs

Washington over Seattle--(although I hope Im wrong cuz i love when little danny loses)

Skins getting 9 points is awfully tempting...I'm saying they cover the spread and lose by four.

Being in DC, maybe the over-blown hype has tainted the mind, but the Skins are peaking at exactly the right time...I look for them to give the SeaBags all they can handle.

going back to 1996, shanahan is 5-3 against teams for which belichick was either the defensive coach or the head coach. a couple of the denver wins were quite convincing, and they lost a squeaker last year in the last minute, 30-26. they beat the pats this year, and it was more convincing than the score indicates (28-20).