Anyone remember...?

turftoe

The words to the song during the bills playoff /superbowl run in the 1980s. It was sung to the tune of the twelve days of Christmas. I remember a few lines including....Kadish attackin'...Ferguson a passin'...Nickameyer kickin'...on a Chuck Knox superbowl team. I can't remember the other lines. I think there were references to Shane Nelson, Fred Smerlas, Isiaah Robinson and I think Conrad Dobler. Anyone know all the words to the song?

It wasn't "Bills on the Move" was it?

561867[/snapback]

I'm not sure. In fact it might have been the late 70s or early 80s. At the time, Knox had us in a position for the playoffs and the town was in a buzz. The local stations were playing this song often. I remember the last four bars but for the life of me, can't remember the rest. There probably was a line about cribbs and Haslett as well.

I'm not sure.  In fact it might have been the late 70s or early 80s.  At the time, Knox had us in a position for the playoffs and the town was in a buzz.  The local stations were playing this song often.  I remember the last four bars but for the life of me, can't remember the rest.  There probably was a line about cribbs and Haslett as well.

561882[/snapback]

Wow. Flashback. I remember the song but I don't remember any more of the lyrics. Time to go searching...

Ah, a bit of googling -

The Bills in the playoffs

Reuben Gant a leapin'

McKenzie a blockin'

Will Grant a hikin'

Jeff Nixon singin'

Clark interceptin'

Frank Lewis catchin'

Joe Cribbs' moves

Kadish attackin'

Ferguson a passin'

Mike-Mayer kickin'

On a Chuck KNox Super Bowl Team!!!!!

Anyone remember the Weenie Whammie? God, that was embarrassing. Who the hell thought up that promotional gimmick? Nothing like having 80,000 plus fans waving dildos on national TV after we scored.

562085[/snapback]

I'm almost ashamed to correct you, but it was 'The Whammie Weenie. Wasn't there an urban legend about the paint containing lead? Not that anyone would put that thing in their mouth...

... or would they?

You are thinking of The Twelve Days of a Buffalo Bills Christmas, by Elliott,Walter & Bennett.  They did one for the Browns too.

I got a copy from Bob Lamb a couple years ago.

One line was "Mike-Mayer Kicking"

I still have the 45  (somewhere)

If any sound engineer - analyst - whatever the job title is called today - I have a lot of the old early '90's music on cassette - but no idea how to convert it.

:devil:

561925[/snapback]

Now does anyone remember Lou Piccone's 'Sounds of the Season'?

"We're the knock em down

Run around

Talkin' proud

Buffalo Bills"

562258[/snapback]

Holy crap! Sounds like a real classic there.