Brett Maxie

FightClub

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm getting old. I thought the guy retired a few years ago.

Sorry, but this guy has Gray written all over him. A good student of a reasonably good DC. Trouble is, Mora's Ds have never been in the top 10 in defensive stats in his career.

No thanks.

He seems to be in good shape. Perhaps he can still strap on the pads.

560803[/snapback]

I just hope he'd be able to cut down on the flow of running backs that seemed to gush through the D line last season.

Ralph should use the money he saved by keeping MM to go out and get a real pair of coordinators and not some first timers who are happy to have the opportunity and work on the cheap. The Bills need experienced coordinators and not guys who are trying to learn on the fly. Its one thing to promote one of your position coaches to coordinator because it is the same system -- it is a whole other thing to bring in someone else's coach to be your coordinator. I am sure there are some fine position coaches who have turned into good coordinators but since the Bills have proven over time that they can't select a coordinator to transition into a decent head coach, I doubt they can find a coach to transition into a decent coordinator.

I don't know anything about him, but his bio makes him appear to be a very smart man.

Brett Maxie

560779[/snapback]

No thanks. Before the Brids, he was a DB coach in San Fran. He goes from one bad team to another.

Bring in a proven defensive coordinator, damn it!

Ralph is too cheap to make the Hall of Fame.

Is Jerry Gray gone or not?

560760[/snapback]

If the Bills do not fire Gray, but let him accept an offer from another team (here in Austin, they are saying he is likely to be the DC and assistant HC to Gart Kubiak, in Houston), the Bills might be able to get a draft pick as compensation...just a thought? Not sure if it works the same for coordinators as it does HC's...

Maxie played in the 3-4 at NO under Mora Sr. and Capers. Atlanta he worked with Danatell who used 4-3 this year but used 3-4 at GB. Maybe they are looking at 3-4. Wonder how an Atlanta DB coach has a contact with Bills staff. I know Atlanta likes to cramp the line and send many blitzers which is too Gray like for my liking.

Dolphins talk to Capers, we talk to Maxie. Seems like we are going cheap route.