Per Chris Mortenson.....

Heard him say it during the TB pre-game.

558430[/snapback]

No surprise there. His stock will never be any higher. He's cashing in at the right time and will probably be drafted higher than he deserves to be.

If Terrance McGee hadn't dropped us from 3rd to 8th in the draft, we would be in an excellent situation to stock up on draft picks

With Texas most likely drafting Bush at #1 and New Orleans most likely drafting either Leinhart or Young, we would have been able to name our price for whoever wanted the QB that NO didn't take.

If Terrance McGee hadn't dropped us from 3rd to 8th in the draft, we would be in an excellent situation to stock up on draft picks

With Texas most likely drafting Bush at #1 and New Orleans most likely drafting either Leinhart or Young, we would have been able to name our price for whoever wanted the QB that NO didn't take.

558438[/snapback]

ESPN is also reporting today that Houston picked up the option on David Carr and will be drafting Reggie Bush once he officially declares his intent to enter the draft.

ESPN is also reporting that New Orleans will take Leinhart at #2 and Tennessee will take Young at #3.

This is very good news for Bills fans. Ferguson and Williams are being pushed further down the line toward the Bills in the #8 slot!

Leinhart is going to pull an "Eli" and won't play for the Saints. I believe his soon-to-be agent has already said so.

After further review (i watched a bunch of it on Tivo yesterday)....Vince Young needs alot of work on his passing game to be a stud in the Pros. He really side arms everything plus the running QB doesn't translate as well to the NFL. I think he's worthy of a high pick but someone who takes him at #2 may be a bit disappointed imo.

ESPN is also reporting today that Houston picked up the option on David Carr and will be drafting Reggie Bush once he officially declares his intent to enter the draft.

ESPN is also reporting that New Orleans will take Leinhart at #2 and Tennessee will take Young at #3.

This is very good news for Bills fans.  Ferguson and Williams are being pushed further down the line toward the Bills in the #8 slot!

558459[/snapback]

If thats the way the top 3 picks go, I think all teams would get the guy they wanted. The Texans get a player to build the franchise around, the Saints FINALLY get a true QB to lead the team, and the Titans replace Steve McNair with a younger version of...well...Steve McNair.

What the Jets do will be very, very interesting...I think DeAngelo Williams is going to surge up the draft boards in the coming months, he could be a possibility. Or LenDale White if he declares since the Jets desperately need someone to replace Martin.

If thats the way the top 3 picks go, I think all teams would get the guy they wanted.  The Texans get a player to build the franchise around, the Saints FINALLY get a true QB to lead the team, and the Titans replace Steve McNair with a younger version of...well...Steve McNair. 

What the Jets do will be very, very interesting...I think DeAngelo Williams is going to surge up the draft boards in the coming months, he could be a possibility.  Or LenDale White if he declares since the Jets desperately need someone to replace Martin.

558491[/snapback]

The Titans could be interested in Leinart since his former OC at SC (Norm Chow) is currently the OC at Tennessee. Though they are short of picks, trading #3 overall and Billy Volek makes some sense if the Saints elect to go after a LB like Hawk that they need.

As, I'm expecting some movement at the top of the draft as really can't see the Texans needing a QB or RB and by trading down with either the Jets (who look to have an extra 4t for Herm and Curtis Martin showing his age last season and questions about Pennington's long term status) or the Pack (who could use some to count as the new franchise player if Favre retires and help on O with Ahman Green due to be an UFA and the long term status of Javon Walker a question mark). It could also allow the Texans take Brick, who is clearly a guy they really need.

Good.  Someone above us will draft him and that means a better player will fall to us.

558433[/snapback]

Bingo.

And I'm not too upset that we aren't in a position to draft him. It's going to take a while to adapt his game to the pro level and there's no guarantee he'll ever be able to dominate in the NFL. He gets a ton of credit for what he did in the Rose Bowl but if you look at the game-winning TD, USC sent six guys to blitz him and not one made it within 10 feet of him before he decided to run it in. He had a great team around him in Texas.

558438[/snapback]

I hope you are not one of the guys who came down on me right before the Jets game for suggesting that it was treasonous to say it would be a good idea for the Jets to win, since we could accomplish nothing other than, perhaps, make Mularkey look better and hurt our draft position by winning. It is unfortunate that we won, as you suggest.

I hope you are not one of the guys who came down on me right before the Jets game for suggesting that it was treasonous to say it would be a good idea for the Jets to win, since we could accomplish nothing other than, perhaps, make Mularkey look better and hurt our draft position by winning.  It is unfortunate that we won, as you suggest.

558627[/snapback]

i prolly was one of those who came down on you

and i was being sarcastic about McGee

Good.  Someone above us will draft him and that means a better player will fall to us.

558433[/snapback]

Based on one season (and the Rose Bowl) any NFL team that gambles on Vince Young deserves what it gets.

What NFL defense can't "spy" on such a player ?

Mr. Vick has sure been a "difference" maker in the overall scheme

Leinhart is going to pull an "Eli" and won't play for the Saints.  I believe his soon-to-be agent has already said so.

After further review (i watched a bunch of it on Tivo yesterday)....Vince Young needs alot of work on his passing game to be a stud in the Pros. He really side arms everything plus the running QB doesn't translate as well to the NFL.  I think he's worthy of a high pick but someone who takes him at #2 may be a bit disappointed imo.

558471[/snapback]

This is so true i think VY is a good college player and maybe an average pro a la Vick. He'll be exciting but the kid can't throw accurate passes on a consistent basis.

Based on one season (and the Rose Bowl) any NFL team that gambles on Vince Young deserves what it gets.

What NFL defense can't "spy" on such a player ?

Mr. Vick has sure been a "difference" maker in the overall scheme

558639[/snapback]

That's how I felt about VY after last year's Rose Bowl (which he also dominated and nearly won by himself). I don't know if VY will be a great NFL quarterback but he's definitely at his best in the most important games (the last two Rose Bowls and the Ohio State-Texas game this year). The ability to be your best in the pressure situations might be the most important thing to look for in any QB. VY has that going for him, at least.

That's how I felt about VY after last year's Rose Bowl (which he also dominated and nearly won by himself).  I don't know if VY will be a great NFL quarterback but he's definitely at his best in the most important games (the last two Rose Bowls and the Ohio State-Texas game this year).  The ability to be your best in the pressure situations might be the most important thing to look for in any QB.  VY has that going for him, at least.

558654[/snapback]

The difference between a college bowl game (and season) is light years away from making it in the NFL. The draft is littered with corpses of NCAA first team All-Stars.

Reggie Bush, while an incredible talent, is (was) a featured back in the USC attack. If an NFL team thinks he will have 30 carries a game - there are smoking'.

Reggie needs a team where he might touch the ball 15-20 times and be a pass threat out of the backfield - but he also needs a L. White type player for best results.

Houston is still a good fit

The real question is if the Bills think that Mario Williams is their guy, why is no one saying trade up to get him? When Travis Henry was moved, some here said that the Bills now had more ammo for the draft...... use it!

The Bills could package their 1st rounder and the Titans' 3rd round and move up to #6 overall plus a 5th rounder. I don't know it that would be enough.