Mabe a STFU Forum is needed for folks

Mark VI

Then they can just tell each other to shut up in long, brain dead threads...while the rest of us discuss football and aren't hypersensative to opinion or criticism.

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" I'm right and your're wrong "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they can just tell each other to shut up in long, brain dead threads...while the rest of us discuss football and aren't hypersensative to opinion or criticism.

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:D

558177[/snapback]

STFU! No one cares about your opinion!

:P

Funny, because it seems like you needed to this forum a few weeks ago when I suggested that JP was downtown partying and you asked if I was 10 years old.

Take a lesson from yourself.

558206[/snapback]

Oh, the irony of this response. :D

" You shut up "

" No, you shut up "

" Shut up "

" No, you shut up "

:P

558177[/snapback]

How about an error 404 page! :D

and I hope people dont see me that way, because of my comments about WGT55 and Sullivan- I think their criticism, while based on what may be real issues at times goes off the deep end, and becomes personal attacks, and childish garbage

Our definitions of irony must differ, because you were hypersensitive to a fact.  I'll stop here, but seriously, you need to practice what you preech.

558216[/snapback]

The hypersensative to criticism part applies here. Keep digging the hole deeper.

The issue is not about people having differing opinions - that is the point of a football forum.

The issue, as I see it, is about people stating their opinions as ironclad facts, i.e., absolute certain predictions about what is going to happen, and anyone who thinks differently or more optimistically is an idiot. My thread - which you, as well as other respected and experienced posters continue to lambast - was in reaction to the gazillion threads proclaiming doom within 24 hours after Donahoe was fired and Levy was hired. My point was only that the only thing we all know for certain is that we don't know what is going to happen, and I suggested that we all just wait a bit, remain optimistic and open-minded, and perhaps tone down the age-bashing. You can keep snickering and throwing in witty jabs about how stupid my thread (and others) was, and can continue to suggest that posters who have been here longer must know more about football than the rest of us, but I think the point has been made.

I will add that the current climate here is a reversal of the norm: ordinarily, it's newer posters who are prophesizing doom and gloom, and it's the experienced posters who advocate patience and optimism. Lately, and frustratingly, the opposite seems to be the case - the more senior posters here seem to be fixated on sarcasm and predicting doom, and many of us newer posters are advocating optimism. I think some of the "seniors" could do well to take some of their own medecine this time around.

My thread - which you, as well as other respected and experienced posters continue to lambast - was in reaction to the gazillion threads proclaiming doom within 24 hours after Donahoe was fired

Are you freaking kidding me?

After Donahoe was fired, there was an outpouring of joy on this board which hasn't been seen in cyberages. Out of the thousands of posts on this board since, I've seen a grand total of about 5 people who weren't happy with the firing.

5......out of hundreds of posters.

2%..... gazillions......same difference. :D