Texans aren't drafting Young

VABills

They have committed to 8m bouns to keep Carr until 2008. So do they trade down 2 or 3 and pick up Brick. Seems to be the most logical choice for them.

Texans | Carr to stick around

Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:44:47 -0800

ESPN reports the Houston Texans plan to pick up the $8 million bonus on QB David Carr's contract, keeping him under contract with the team through the 2008 season.

That's weird... I just watched Sportscenter & there was a lot of talk about him going there... mentioned nothing about keeping Carr, just possibly trading him.

If the Texans aren't interested in Young, they better hope he stays in school, or IMO they'll have a PR mess on their hands.

Houston not drafting Bush would be a PR nightmare. No way they pass him up.  There is already a Bush Buzz in houston that would kill ticket sales renewals.

556427[/snapback]

They should be drafting Lendel White if they need a RB. He is a better runner than Bush. Bush is going to get creamed by the faster De's, DB's and LB's at the NFL level.

They should be drafting Lendel White if they need a RB. He is a better runner than Bush. Bush is going to get creamed by the faster De's, DB's and LB's at the NFL level.

556601[/snapback]

about time someone mentioned that ..........you'd better duck for cover though!

If the Texans were smart they would seel the top pick to the highest bidder. Some jerk off GM will mortgage his team and take Bush while the Texans move down and take D'Brick and kill the hopes of most Bills fans.

If the Texans were smart they would seel the top pick to the highest bidder.  Some jerk off GM will mortgage his team and take Bush while the Texans move down and take D'Brick and kill the hopes of most Bills fans.

556767[/snapback]

Not mine. I'm rooting for Mario Williams.

Not mine.  I'm rooting for Mario Williams.

556780[/snapback]

Me too, but if Ferguson was there and we had the choice of either, I'd hope we'd take Ferguson.

Either one would make me very happy though. I just hope one or both of them are available when we pick.

Silly message board rumors.... Texans want to trade Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a 2nd round pick.

556769[/snapback]

Let me guess, This rumor started on a Dolphins BB.. Sounds like something they would start... :lol:

They have committed to 8m bouns to keep Carr until 2008.  So do they trade down 2 or 3 and pick up Brick.  Seems to be the most logical choice for them.

Texans | Carr to stick around

Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:44:47 -0800

ESPN reports the Houston Texans plan to pick up the $8 million bonus on QB David Carr's contract, keeping him under contract with the team through the 2008 season.

556335[/snapback]

Not sure whether this is correct, but me thinks they would be crazy to pick up the option until March 1st, when its due.

#1) Even if you want to keep the guy, sometimes trade offers come in that you just cannot refuse. If that happens before March 1, why eat the bonus, shove it onto the acquiring team.

#2) If your plan is to keep him, waiting until March 1st will have no impact, except maybe hurting Carss ego a little, but he will get over that quick enough.

#3)March 1st, however, a decsion needs to be made. If they have decided to draft Young, they are in a bit of a sticky wicket. Without the bonus, he is a UFA, so they get nothing. And then they must weigh what the trade options have been and whether that is worth $8M hitting your cap this year for say a second rounder, so cap situation plays a big role.