What exactly did Mularkey do?

Why the hell do all the tards pick on that play to complain about? Of all the dozens and dozens and dozens of stupid calls and plays that Mularkey made this season

Uh...because it exemplifies the dozens and dozens and dozens of stupid calls and plays that Mularkey made this season?

And I think Roscoe just mishandled the ball, which is why he threw short and not to a receiver further down field.

Or maybe it had something to do with him not being a quarterback???? Just guessing.

And it was completed by a former high school quarterback who allegedly has a good and strong arm that we were told was going to throw a couple times during the year.

554570[/snapback]

Oh, but he WAS a QB. In high school. Two leagues removed. All's forgiven then. :doh:

Uh...because it exemplifies the dozens and dozens and dozens of stupid calls and plays that Mularkey made this season?

Or maybe it had something to do with him not being a quarterback????  Just guessing.

Oh, but he WAS a QB.  In high school.  Two leagues removed.  All's forgiven then.  :doh:

554582[/snapback]

So all option passes are stupid because they are not thrown by quarterbacks? And no, the plays that tanked exemplified the dozens and dozens and dozens or stupid calls and plays that Mularkey made all season. The plays that were three yards or more were fine.

He has only been here for 2 years.

In his first year he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs by only 1 game (which came down to the NFL officials screwing up the call of Henry's TD in the Oakland game). So in all fact, in his first year as an NFL coach, Mike Mularkey would have made the playoffs if it wasnt for a bad officiating call. Not to bad? hmm ...

In his second year, he was handed a team that his general manager (Tom Donahoe) had dismantled by letting the best lineman leave in free-agency (Jonas Jennings) and the anchor of the defensive line (Pat Williams) go to free-agency. Not to mention the fact that a 1st year player was to be the QB behind a shaky line. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that the best LB on the team and possibly one of the best in the NFL was injured in Week 3 of the NFL season. That coupled with Nate Clements having a less than wonderful year and ... well ... you get the point.

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending some of the moronic things that Mike Mularkey seems to do when play-calling or coaching the team. What I am doing is asking how you can have such hatred towards this man without looking at the above variables.

554379[/snapback]

IMO, he was all over the place as a coach this year. A total mess. When the team got down, he lost the respect of his veterans, to the point where he was hurting the teams chances of winning when it mattered(see Sam Adams at NE).

He coached fast and loose early on, then I had to sit thru a Saturday night game where he coached to keep the score down instead of playing to win. He rounded out the season by NOT playing his young QB in an obvious attempt to save his job at the expense of the future of the organization. It was a total clusterfuk. I hate the idea of changing coaching staffs again, but the thought of seeing a repeat of what he did this year makes me long for another re-building job. Horrible. The worst coaching job by a Bills HC since Hank Bullough.

IMO, he was all over the place as a coach this year.  A total mess.  When the team got down, he lost the respect of his veterans, to the point where he was hurting the teams chances of winning when it mattered(see Sam Adams at NE).

He coached fast and loose early on, then I had to sit thru a Saturday night game where he coached to keep the score down instead of playing to win.  He rounded out the season by NOT playing his young QB in an obvious attempt to save his job at the expense of the future of the organization.  It was a total clusterfuk.  I hate the idea of changing coaching staffs again, but the thought of seeing a repeat of what he did this year makes me long for another re-building job.  Horrible.  The worst coaching job by a Bills HC since Hank Bullough.

554643[/snapback]

I could not possibly agree more...

And the thing is, I don't think old Ralphy Boy has a grasp of the overall venom Fans have towards MM...I'm actually not sure Ralph has a grasp on much of anything after yesterday...He had an opportunity to start fresh and at the very least get some patience out of Bills Fans as they re-build this re-build so-to-speak...Now Mularkey is nothing more than a lame duck who will HAVE to turn this thing around next Season to save his Job. And knowledgeable Bills Fans are going to point out quite loudly that the Bills have wasted yet another Year if 2006 does anything less than result in a Playoff appearence...

Hope I'm wrong... :doh:

What exactly did Mularkey do right?

554444[/snapback]

Well, he did make the right call on Sunday when there was both a defensive holding call and an an offside on the same play on a first down play, and he declined the holding and took the offsides. Got a feeling a lot of caoches would have taken the the aoutomatic first down.

Thats about all I can think of this year

His play calling and getting outcoached on a weekly basisi is just part of the problem.. My issue with MM is the way he seems to handle his players. He has clashed with many of the teams veterans and has used the media to publicly criticize players. Then he cops an attitude with the media when they call him out on certain issues like play calling, personnel decisions etc... He is just not the kind of coach I want representing the team I root for.

Overall lack of leadership and direction. Tries to fool opponent with playcalling rather than impose our will on them. Can't get along with veteran players. Has turned from a straight shooter into a "spineless jellyfish" at press conferences and any time he deals with the public. Doesn't seem smart enough to match wits and win with the likes of Saban and Belichik four times a year.

I hope I'm wrong and without TD looking over his shoulder, he can become a good coach. But I really don't think so. I'd have a lot more faith in Dick Jauron or Kirk Ferentz coaching this team.