Crowd chant at Sabres games

I have to get this off my chest...

I have been at three Sabres home games this year, and I was a little disappointed by the crowd when the "Let's Go Sabres" chant would start up. I don't approve. It sounds WAY too much like "Let's Go Rangers." We have lucked out to play in a city with three syllables that ends in an "O." It sets up perfectly for the "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo" chant. Why have the fans started to stray from this classic? Is anyone else upset by this, or am I the only lunatic?

C'mon, say it with me: LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO!!!

I have been at three Sabres home games this year, and I was a little disappointed by the crowd when the "Let's Go Sabres" chant would start up.  I don't approve.  It sounds WAY too much like "Let's Go Rangers."  We have lucked out to play in a city with three syllables that ends in an "O."  It sets up perfectly for the "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo" chant.  Why have the fans started to stray from this classic?  Is anyone else upset by this, or am I the only lunatic?

C'mon, say it with me:  LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO!!!

552746[/snapback]

Oooh Ahhhh, Sabres on the warpath!

Oooh Ahhhh, Sabres on the warpath!

552772[/snapback]

Back in the '70's and '80's, I really liked that chant. But ever since the string of 10 years between 1st round victories whenever I hear "Ooh, aah, Sabres on the" I immediately hear in my head (and not too infrequently from the people around me) "golf course".

Let's stick with "let's go Buf-fa-lo" or the lesser "here we go Sabres, here we go, (clap, clap)".

Back in the '70's and '80's, I really liked that chant.  But ever since the string of 10 years between 1st round victories whenever I hear "Ooh, aah, Sabres on the" I immediately hear in my head (and not too infrequently from the people around me) "golf course". 

Let's stick with "let's go Buf-fa-lo" or the lesser "here we go Sabres, here we go, (clap, clap)".

552793[/snapback]

Me too, I remember some years with bad playoff series when the Golf Course chant would start. But actually, sitting in the upper oranges as a kid at War Memorial you would meet some of the funniest people in the world.

But ever since the string of 10 years between 1st round victories whenever I hear "Ooh, aah, Sabres on the golf course". 

552793[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol::lol:

Forgot about that...that was pretty freakin good. Another reason to keep it. (Preparing for their inevitable decline when they'll need to make a savy move or two down the stretch...but, Darcy will sit on his hands and keep 3 goalies and make no bold moves. Hope I'm wrong about him...)

I have been at three Sabres home games this year, and I was a little disappointed by the crowd when the "Let's Go Sabres" chant would start up.  I don't approve.  It sounds WAY too much like "Let's Go Rangers."  We have lucked out to play in a city with three syllables that ends in an "O."  It sets up perfectly for the "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo" chant.  Why have the fans started to stray from this classic?  Is anyone else upset by this, or am I the only lunatic?

552746[/snapback]

Geez, only in Buffalo would people B word about the crowd chant. :)

Just be happy their doing well and there are people at the games to say anything.

Geez, only in Buffalo would people B word about the crowd chant.  :)

Just be happy their doing well and there are people at the games to say anything.

553275[/snapback]

Another Buffalo tradition is everyone screaming shoot on the Power Play.

Another Buffalo tradition is everyone screaming shoot on the Power Play.

553289[/snapback]

That's because (until recently) the tradition on the ice was to just pass the puck back-and-forth and never shoot the puck on the PP. I remember when I prefered the 'Bres be short-handed as they had a better chance of scoring.

Mostly because they have no clue what's actually going on.  They're still screaming it NOW, and the power play has been on fire.

553726[/snapback]

There was a guy behind me at the Panther game who not only was getting into the "StP / Shoot" "chant", he also was telling his girlfriend during the Panthers pp that the Sabres needed to keep 2 guys in front of the net like Florida was doing. :doh:

Last time I checked the Sabres had the 3rd best pp and the Panthers the 24th. :huh: Yeah, let's hope Buffalo starts emulating some of these stellar units. What a tool.

Oh...

Amazing I posted that link above... Notice who helped Schoeny arrange that album... None other than... Is that the same John Valby?  I notice Sabres Alumni has it spelled "Jon"... How many can there be?

The Jim Schoenfeld Album

554113[/snapback]

Valby has a new website:

http://johnvalbynation.com/

552746[/snapback]

Brad Ritter? Is that you?