Crowd chant at Sabres games

Mostly because they have no clue what's actually going on.  They're still screaming it NOW, and the power play has been on fire.

553726[/snapback]

If you are at HSBC, you cannot help but start laughing when 2,000 people start screaming shoot when the Sabres are on the PP, especially when it comes to point and nobody is in front of the net.

If you are at HSBC, you cannot help but start laughing when 2,000 people start screaming shoot when the Sabres are on the PP, especially when it comes to point and nobody is in front of the net.

554969[/snapback]

I don't mind the crowd yelling shoot...at least they're into the game. I think even the most novice fan knows that you have to shoot to score. It manifests itself on the PP because guys have so much more time, and the fans want to see them unleash one. It would be pretty funny to hear everyone yelling "Pass it! Pass!"

It's hard to criticize this year's Sabres PP. They do shoot the puck quite a bit (and get it on net!) but their patience has been the key. They are getting the puck to the right players at the right time to uncork a shot.

One, Two, Three, Four, we want Five!!

552790[/snapback]

Loved in high school when i was lucky enough to get to a game, sabres score five, and it was big mac all the way the next day for lunch. Bonus was Mickey D's right behind my scholl, LaSalle, in NF

Even the "knowledgeable" Leaf fans do it just as bad.

It's a hockey thing.

555239[/snapback]

It's even worse when you're watching a team with a terrible powerplay. I'm a Boston University season ticket holder and our power play never shoots. Even worse, they just stand still while passing back and forth. The building only seats about 6k, but the screaming is probably louder than any other building I've ever been in.

There was a guy behind me at the Panther game who not only was getting into the "StP / Shoot" "chant", he also was telling his girlfriend during the Panthers pp that the Sabres needed to keep 2 guys in front of the net like Florida was doing.   :lol:

Last time I checked the Sabres had the 3rd best pp and the Panthers the 24th.   :lol: Yeah, let's hope Buffalo starts emulating some of these stellar units.  What a tool.

553948[/snapback]

The Sabres are 0-3 against the Panthers this year. Just as with Ottawa, there are serious matchup problems. The Panthers are very aggressive at forechecking and making a stand at their blueline. That is saying a lot with the new rules.

The Sabres are 0-3 against the Panthers this year.  Just as with Ottawa, there are serious matchup problems.  The Panthers are very aggressive at forechecking and making a stand at their blueline.  That is saying a lot with the new rules.

555516[/snapback]

No doubt the Sabres have not matched up well vs Florida this year and have not played well vs Florida. That said, modifying the Sabres' pp to emulate the Panthers' pp is an EXTREMELY poor idea.

No doubt the Sabres have not matched up well vs Florida this year and have not played well vs Florida.  That said, modifying the Sabres' pp to emulate the Panthers' pp is an EXTREMELY poor idea.

555617[/snapback]

Sabres PP% 21.7 (ranked 3rd), Panthers 15.6 (ranked 23rd).

I don't remember the Sabres pp or the team for that matter, doing this well in a very, very long time.

Maybe they were a little tired from their last run. Hopefully, they have their legs tonight.

The Sabres are 0-3 against the Panthers this year.  Just as with Ottawa, there are serious matchup problems.  The Panthers are very aggressive at forechecking and making a stand at their blueline.  That is saying a lot with the new rules.

555516[/snapback]

The biggest matchup problem the Sabres have against the Panthers is Luongo.

555516[/snapback]

It is basic hard-hitting, disruptive and defense orientated hockey. Stand 'em up at the blueline (of course, now when the player is the puck carrier)

That is what I was thinking... Even with the new rules... The team that played the trap well in the past will eventually find a way to play it well within the new rules.

Stay true to the defense while still recognizing the new rules and open up at times I feel will take you far.

Don't get me wrong, not saying that the new rules are bad... They are the best. Teams like Buffalo (and a coach like Ruff) will benefit. The best of both worlds!

Why have the fans started to stray from this classic?  Is anyone else upset by this, or am I the only lunatic?

C'mon, say it with me:  LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO!!!

552746[/snapback]

You may be a lunatic, but it annoys me too.