Mort is reporting

MDH

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv Levy was known for getting the most out of his staff and players during his tenure here. Managing this mess is something I would much rather have him do then the man who created it. He's smart and will lean heavily on Modrak when it comes to player evaluations. I love this decision. If he can get Haslett in here as the DC or HC then it already will have payed off.

552014[/snapback]

i really hope ex linebackers are eliminated from the potential list of coaches....most, including haslett have proven to be warriors on the field and knuckleheads on the sidelines

Just heard Mort on Mike and Mike this morning and he's reporting that Marv will be named the new GM and Mordrak will keep his same duties.  Said that MM's job might be safe but nothing is definitive.

God help us if Marv is the new GM.  Out of football for 10 years and taking a job he's never held in the NFL.  I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would have preferred to have kept TD if this is the alternative.

551995[/snapback]

Well maybe in the minority, but not alone...

Good God...Levy as GM (all due respect to Marv who is a great, great Man...but not exactly a practicing NFL GM) and MM may return...You have got to be kidding me...The few things I have read this AM already lead me to believe the MM move alone is going to take some serious heat in the Local Press...Not that it matters much now, but if in fact Mularkey bumbles and stumbles through another season...I don't even want to think about it to be honest...It's gonna be ugly for Ol' Ralphie Boy... I know that much... :unsure:

1:00pm - Press Conference

1:07pm - All these rumors which turned out to be false will start to magically disappear from the board.

552005[/snapback]

1:08pm - a flood of "I told ya!" LAMPS from people who just KNEW what would happen.

Just heard Mort on Mike and Mike this morning and he's reporting that Marv will be named the new GM and Mordrak will keep his same duties.  Said that MM's job might be safe but nothing is definitive.

God help us if Marv is the new GM.  Out of football for 10 years and taking a job he's never held in the NFL.  I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I would have preferred to have kept TD if this is the alternative.

551995[/snapback]

Look forward to press conferences with statements like this:

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." - Sir Winston Churchill

...followed by a lot of blank stares. B-):D:unsure:

I wouldn't sweat it. It appears that Marv will be functioning as team president, although after TD, I doubt Ralph will ever give that title out again. I don't see it as a negative for Modrak either, who I don't believe has ever had responsibilities on the administrative/business side and prefers handling the player personnel role.

Listen, who cares who runs the administrative side of things.  It's football operations that matter, and that's Modrak's responsibility.

552071[/snapback]

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Sir Winston Churchill

1:09pm - The "eat crow" crowd will start in.

552065[/snapback]

1:34pm - some bright spark has listened to the PC in reverse, revealing the hidden message that was intended by Ol' Whitey who has cloned into Ralph Wilsom and killed the original: "BF is my idol. Rettata is the food of Gods."

One thing people may be overlooking is.....with Levy in the head office, what better mentor for Mularkey (if he stays) to learn to become less hands on and a more effective delegator. He will be learning from the best.

552047[/snapback]

that would work if he would be delegating to Norv Turner as OC and Dom Capers as DC.