Adam Schefter on NFL Network...

KOKBILLS

Pretty much the same stuff...

TD is gone...MM meeting with RW right now...He did say League sources felt MM was on shaky ground, said it could go either way...

1st named mentioned as replacement was Haslett...

Said the buzz around the League is that Marv will return, probably as Club Pres...

TD is gone...MM meeting with RW right now...He did say League sources felt MM was on shaky ground, said it could go either way...

Said the buzz around the League is that Marv will return, probably as Club Pres...

551364[/snapback]

Sounds like Adam Schefter just did some real legwork and crack reporting on this story, and then returned after spending 45 seconds on the Internet.

Haslett.............this franchise is pushing us to our limits.

551367[/snapback]

Yep--but unfortunately that is Bills history sans about 4 years in the 60's and 8 years in the late 80's and early 90's..

T--you should add "Helpless at the Hoffa Dome" to your list of futility for the year...

551364[/snapback]

Someone get Hull on the phone with Ralph QUICKLIKE!!!

Sounds like Adam Schefter just did some real legwork and crack reporting on this story, and then returned after spending 45 seconds on the Internet.

551374[/snapback]

Schefter is pretty solid...It was a longer report I just put in the highlights...He did make it sound like MM would have to make major changes and answer a lot of questions correctly to be retained...Seemed to me like he was all but saying MM is gone too...

As far as the Haslett comments go he was the only Coach mentioned. The explanation was that the Bills want to return to the type personalities that made them a great Organization with Marv and Haslett... He also said Haslett will get a Job, that there is big time interest for him around the NFL, and that he is at the top of Detroit's list...

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind not wanting Haslett, If there is any Team worse then NO then please let me know who? At least he is a solid football guy that dosent need to pull this trick play crap every game. And if he coaches anything like he used to play he would make every player accountable (something I haven't seen here since Marv) Also a plus; he might be able to convince his old center to sign here.

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind not wanting Haslett, If there is any Team worse then NO then please let me know who? At least he is a solid football guy that dosent need to pull this trick play crap every game. And if he coaches anything like he used to play he would make every player accountable (something I haven't seen here since Marv) Also a plus; he might be able to convince his old center to sign here.

551393[/snapback]

Haslett has made it known throughout NFL circles that the Bills HC Job is his "Dream Job" for years now...

You are correct about New Orleans...Worst NFL Franchise by a country mile and by far the worst Ownership...And that was BEFORE the Hurricane... B-)

551393[/snapback]

I have to agree....I'd be psyched beyond belief to have him here. He is ONE OF OURS, people! I want people in here who truly want to see this franchise succeed and win a Super Bowl. I'm tired of weak-minded coaches and heartless players - especially the ones we keep dragging up here from the South only to find they are afraid of the snow B-)

Schefter is pretty solid...It was a longer report I just put in the highlights...He did make it sound like MM would have to make major changes and answer a lot of questions correctly to be retained...Seemed to me like he was all but saying MM is gone too...

As far as the Haslett comments go he was the only Coach mentioned. The explanation was that the Bills want to return to the type personalities that made them a great Organization with Marv and Haslett... He also said Haslett will get a Job, that there is big time interest for him around the NFL, and that he is at the top of Detroit's list...

551392[/snapback]

Haslett over MM makes a lot of sense.... except the part where he will cost a lot more than MM's $1M/year. Not my first choice, but I'm OK with him if it means MM is gone. B-)

551393[/snapback]

Don't you think it's reason enough that NO is the worst franchise in the league?? Maybe Dennis Erickson is available?

Don't you think it's reason enough that NO is the worst franchise in the league??  Maybe Dennis Erickson is available?

551512[/snapback]

What, Haslett created hurricane Katrina and forced the Saints on a 16-game road trip? B-)

I don't want Haslett as a coach either...but there's so many reasons the Saints sucked this season that I don't think you can pin it on him.

What, Haslett created hurricane Katrina and forced the Saints on a 16-game road trip?  B-)

I don't want Haslett as a coach either...but there's so many reasons the Saints sucked this season that I don't think you can pin it on him.

551527[/snapback]

Other than his first year, what were his reasons for sucking the rest of the time??? Also, good coaches get the team to rally from adversity. The hurricane is a big thing to deal with, but they mailed the season in half-way through the second game of the season. Lack of effort goes righ back to the coach...