Vermeil said he'd entertain offers

1billsfan

He's talking with Mike and the Mad Dog in New York and said he'd entertain coaching offers but doesn't expect any. I'd welcome him as the Bills head honcho, I might even cry too.

550828[/snapback]

He is one guy I would take. Although, Dennis Miller was correct when he said, "This guy tears up quicker than Sylvia Plath being pepper-sprayed."

If this is true, Vermeil flip flops more than ICE ever did...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/9134145

Vermeil retires, says he's done with football

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Jan. 1, 2006) -- With trademark tears in his eyes, Dick Vermeil said this is really it -- a third retirement means he's out of football.

Honest.

Unlike his other two retirements, there'll be no returning to the profession he loves so dearly, Vermeil tearfully told a news conference Jan. 1 after his Kansas City Chiefs beat Cincinnati 37-3.

I can't handle Vermeil. he comes off as so fake to me. He announces his retirement from the Rams, then comes back to the Chiefs. Announces his retirement from the Chiefs to get his team up for a big game, then is quoted less than a week later saying he'd listen to ffers? C'mon man emotion is good but it's gotta be real and I don't beleive you anymore, either you're fake or you have a personality disorder

If this is true, Vermeil flip flops more than ICE ever did...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/9134145

Vermeil retires, says he's done with football

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Jan. 1, 2006) -- With trademark tears in his eyes, Dick Vermeil said this is really it -- a third retirement means he's out of football.

Honest.

Unlike his other two retirements, there'll be no returning to the profession he loves so dearly, Vermeil tearfully told a news conference Jan. 1 after his Kansas City Chiefs beat Cincinnati 37-3.

550847[/snapback]

I saw a writer saying that Vermeil was done with football, but nowhere in that or any other article have I seen Vermeil himself saying he's done with football. Just with the Chiefs. I can sort of understand him not wanting his team and organization constantly having to deal with, "is your coach going to quit?" questions.

I saw a writer saying that Vermeil was done with football, but nowhere in that or any other article have I seen Vermeil himself saying he's done with football. Just with the Chiefs. I can sort of understand him not wanting his team and organization constantly having to deal with, "is your coach going to quit?" questions.

550868[/snapback]

I know I heard him say it on ESPN Sunday....not necessarily "I am done with football", but he intimated that age does creep up on you, and that he had "11 grandchildren that needed coaching", or some gibberish to that effect. He was even asked if leaving was his choice, and he said most certainly "yes, it is time. This team needs to start looking 5 years down the road, not taking it year to year, with an old coach..."

If this guy is serious about "listening to offers" he really has the Larry Brown- "I need to be flattered" syndrome....

I know I heard him say it on ESPN Sunday....not necessarily "I am done with football", but he intimated that age does creep up on you, and that he had "11 grandchildren that needed coaching", or some gibberish to that effect.  He was even asked if leaving was his choice, and he said most certainly "yes, it is time. This team needs to start looking 5 years down the road, not taking it year to year, with an old coach..."

If this guy is serious about "listening to offers" he really has the Larry Brown- "I need to be flattered" syndrome....

550884[/snapback]

He has always done this retire before he gets fired. Parcells does the same thing. Doesn't want to put on the resume' that he got fired. It's as simple as that. He is a fake. Always has been. Is he a good coach? To be honest I don't know what a good coach is anymore. So many getting fired just for the sake of getting fired. I mean look at Edwards with the Jets. This guy does nothing but sprout religion and other teams want him to coach thier teams- when he hasn't done that good a job with the Jets. Look at Tony Dungy bombs out in Tampa Bay but is considered a god with the Colts and he really hasn't done that much with them. No more then with the Buccs. I say Hire Bobby April as the next HC of the Bills. Might as well try some one new and give them a chance. After Williams and Malarky what have we got to loose?

550868[/snapback]

He said it in his press conference, as I recall. But I haven't seen it in print.

no way.........the guy is way too emotional lol and its not the good kind with the bunch of losers we got

550958[/snapback]

I certainly respect Vermeil alot and would not be upset if we hired him.

Though, I have to say most of our players need to be taken back to the shed for a good old fashioned a** whipping not a teary eyed hug.

He has always done this retire before he gets fired. Parcells does the same thing. Doesn't want to put on the resume' that he got fired. It's as simple as that. He is a fake. Always has been. Is he a good coach? To be honest I don't know what a good coach is anymore. So many getting fired just for the sake of getting fired. I mean look at Edwards with the Jets. This guy does nothing but sprout religion and other teams want him to coach thier teams- when he hasn't done that good a job with the Jets. Look at Tony Dungy bombs out in Tampa Bay but is considered a god with the Colts and he really hasn't done that much with them. No more then with the Buccs. I say Hire Bobby April as the next HC of the Bills. Might as well try some one new and give them a chance. After Williams and Malarky what have we got to loose?

550930[/snapback]

Dungy "bombed" with the Bucs? I guess having a 54-42 record and practically building that Super Bowl team doesnt count. I guess not having a single losing season with the Colts means he is doing something wrong. Dungy has had 1 losing season since 1996. One. And that was in his first year.

He is one guy I would take. Although, Dennis Miller was correct when he said, "This guy tears up quicker than Sylvia Plath being pepper-sprayed."

550836[/snapback]

This would be great from a marketing angle.

Just think: DV tears up after each first down, sobs lightly after each TD and weeps openly after each victory. The Bills new motto-Home of the group Hug. We can fly in DR Phil as MC for the home opener. B-)