Move Jason Peters to LT

TheZone78

This guy is developing into a very solid tackle for us. Why not put him at LT next year?

He's easily our most athletic lineman. I'd love us to pick up Hutchinson, cut Teague's bull rush prone butt and pick up some quality draft picks.

Oh and as for the draft....I'm hoping for Ngata!!!

Your thoughts?

This guy is developing into a very solid tackle for us.  Why not put him at LT next year?

He's easily our most athletic lineman.  I'd love us to pick up Hutchinson, cut Teague's bull rush prone butt and pick up some quality draft picks.

Your thoughts?

548140[/snapback]

The Bills can't get him and his agent to agree to a long-term extension for RT money. Imagine if they moved him to LT. ;)

What do you think they're waiting for? ;)

548150[/snapback]

I'm not sure...he's an EFA, so he's not going anywhere. For whatever reason, Peters and his agent have decided to engage the Bills in a high stakes game of "chicken". The Bills hold all the leverage...Peters will blink first, IMHO.

I like Peters a lot too. Still, I have also been surprised at Mike Gandy's play at LT for us this year.

Many of us on this board(yours truly included)thought that Gandy was going to be an awful player because he had zero-to-little experience in the NFL as a player and as a starter. After all he was mostly a back-up in Chicago.

Quietly though, Gandy had a very solid season. Yes he made mistakes, but he is far from being the bust that Bennie Anderson has been.

I think Gandy has done everything to remain our starter at LT. Right now I like Peters at RT.

I'm not sure...he's an EFA, so he's not going anywhere. For whatever reason, Peters and his agent have decided to engage the Bills in a high stakes game of "chicken". The Bills hold all the leverage...Peters will blink first, IMHO.

Actually I was being facetious. Peters and his agent know the Bills plan on moving him to LT, hence the reason they're holding-out for more. And the Bills don't necessarily have all the leverage. He's an EFA this year and an RFA next year (who will definitely be tendered at the 1st round level, at least), so they have him for 2 more years. But all this depends on how he develops at LT.

I like Peters a lot too. Still, I have also been surprised at Mike Gandy's play at LT for us this year.

Many of us on this board(yours truly included)thought that Gandy was going to be an awful player because he had zero-to-little experience in the NFL as a player and as a starter. After all he was mostly a back-up in Chicago.

Quietly though, Gandy had a very solid season. Yes he made mistakes, but he is far from being the bust that Bennie Anderson has been.

I think Gandy has done everything to remain our starter at LT. Right now I like Peters at RT.

Gandy has done well, but he's not ideally suited for LT. IMHO he's better-off inside at OG.

What do you think they're waiting for? ;)

548150[/snapback]

Under the rules of the CBA, the Bills will be able to hold onto Peters for next year with no raise and will even be able to hold onto him after next year with only the most minor of qualifying offers.

There is not need to lock up Peters with a contract since by rule he is totally locked up for next year (his third) and will be locked up defacto his fourth year though de jure (by rule) an opponent could make him an offer which the Bills could almost certainly easily match or be compensated for losing him far above his market rate.

It is only after four seasons (2008) that Peters will have the market leverage to walk if the Bills do not lock him up.

Gandy has done well, but he's not ideally suited for LT.  IMHO he's better-off inside at OG.

548164[/snapback]

I agree that Gandy has done well. I have no problem with him being our 3rd offensive tackle as a back up.

548158[/snapback]

I think we as bills fan have become so accustomed to bad offensive lines that we actually believe crap like "Mike Gandy is an adequate lt". Mike gandy is nothing more then a nice backup linemen. Go watch a real offensive line like the colts or the seahawks, the chiefs, steelers. Mike gandy wouldnt crack the starting lineup of most teams in the nfl. You can paint the crap any color you want but it's still crap.

I think we as bills fan have become so accustomed to bad offensive lines that we actually believe crap like "Mike Gandy is an adequate lt".  Mike gandy is nothing more then a nice backup linemen.  Go watch a real offensive line like the colts or the seahawks, the chiefs, steelers.  Mike gandy wouldnt crack the starting lineup of most teams in the nfl.    You can paint the crap any color you want but it's still crap.

548178[/snapback]

I agree completely. Peters could be an absolute phenom at TE on a team like the Colitis, Seahags Chefs for Stillers. Buffal - which has 'no O' - has to use him out of position because he's head and shoulders better than any other guy on the squad. His agent should sue Donnaho for abuse.

His agent should sue Donnaho for abuse.

548265[/snapback]

No, his agent should be taking TD out to dinner at Morton's Steak House, because LTs probably earn more than double the salary of TEs. I am willing to be that Jonas Jennings is paid as much as or more than Tony Gonzalez. TD was also smart enough to bring him here as an udfa.

I have ragged on TD as much as anybody (well, almost ;) ), but signing Peters was a total score for this franchise. If he is able to play LT, he will be doing so without hurting our salary cap, at least not for a while. Peters is one of only a few players on the Bills who seems to be improving each week.

He belongs at OT, and that is where he will stay imo.

No, his agent should be taking TD out to dinner at Morton's Steak House, because LTs probably earn more than double the salary of TEs. I am willing to be that Jonas Jennings is paid as much as or more than Tony Gonzalez. TD was also smart enough to bring him here as an udfa.

I have ragged on TD as much as anybody (well, almost  :lol: ), but signing Peters was a total score for this franchise. If he is able to play LT, he will be doing so without hurting our salary cap, at least not for a while. Peters is one of only a few players on the Bills who seems to be improving each week.

He belongs at OT, and that is where he will stay imo.

548270[/snapback]

Well, you're right about the cash. But can we at least see him on some Tackle Eligible plays once in awhile? He would be demonic with a full head of steam in the secondary! ;)

I think Gandy has done everything to remain our starter at LT.

548158[/snapback]

Yes, except protect Holcomb's blind side when the game was on the line. John Abraham ran right around Gandy to end the game. If we hope to be better, we NEED more athleticism out of the LT and Peters has the potential to be that guy - much more so than Gandy.

This guy is developing into a very solid tackle for us.  Why not put him at LT next year?

He's easily our most athletic lineman.  I'd love us to pick up Hutchinson, cut Teague's bull rush prone butt and pick up some quality draft picks.

Your thoughts?

548140[/snapback]

He has less than 1 full season at offensive tackle- are you sure you want to rush him to such a critical position?