Move Jason Peters to LT

TheZone78

Peters won't be moving to left tackle. Mark that down.

Peters will be returning to left tackle. Left tackle is where he was taught how to play tackle and the Bills always envisioned him to play. The first week he ever played right tackle was in a game I believe. And the only reason, believe it or not, that he played RT is because Greg Friggin' Jerman was hurt. So unless the braintrust believes that RT is a more important position (and the difference in the two is decreasing), Peters will likely start 2006 as the starting LT. That could change if we draft or we sign a FA LT, who is only suited to LT.

I also think Gandy should probably be LG, sign LeCharles Bentley even if we over pay, and sign another FA RG.

Peters will be moving to left tackle. Mark that down.

Peters will be returning to left tackle. Left tackle is where he was taught how to play tackle and the Bills always envisioned him to play. The first week he ever played right tackle was in a game I believe. And the only reason, believe it or not, that he played RT is because Greg Friggin' Jerman was hurt. So unless the braintrust believes that RT is a more important position (and the difference in the two is decreasing), Peters will likely start 2006 as the starting LT. That could change if we draft or we sign a FA LT, who is only suited to LT.

I also think Gandy should probably be LG, sign LeCharles Bentley even if we over pay, and sign another FA RG.

548414[/snapback]

I fixed your post. ;)

I fixed your post.  ;)

548422[/snapback]

No need. It was correct as it was written. He won't be moved to left tackle, he will be returned to left tackle. Moving implies he is being put at a position foreign to him. LT is still likely more comfortable to him than RT, even though he started several games there. They practiced him at LT last year on the practice squad and after he was activated. He spent all of last off season working at LT. He spent all of mini camp and training camp at LT. He spent half of this season at LT. Only in the middle of the year did they first put him at RT.

He has less than 1 full season at offensive tackle- are you sure you want to rush him to such a critical position?

548305[/snapback]

DUDE!!!! We have Mike fricken Gandy there right now!!! I don't think he'd do any worse!!!!

Now we need somebody to light a fire under Mike Williams (I know the shear volume fire needed is enormous).....just for once, I'd like to see Bill Parcells or a Mike Ditka type come in here and scream at him.

It would be worth the price of admission I think.