Wire put on IR

eSJayDee

I understand that he's not healthy & can't play, but does anyone know if there's any benefit to put him on IR?

I don't know of any, so why not just make him inactive?

I see that we activated Goldberry so the question is will he join Gates on the inactive list or is he actually going to play & spell Shelton?

to move a player from the practice squad to the active roster......otherwise they become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.....

545928[/snapback]

Jon Goldsberry just promoted to the active roster

545933[/snapback]

Thank God the Brain Trust at OBD is laying the groundwork for a banner 2006 campaign. :lol:

to move a player from the practice squad to the active roster......otherwise they become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.....

545928[/snapback]

Bingo. And because most coaches and gms are aware of it when teams are interested in a PS player, moves like this happen in week 17.

That implies Bills management knows what it is doing.  :w00t:  :doh:

546182[/snapback]

I think its an added service feature that the BLESTO scouting combine packages with their reports. It works like a Harry and David's gift reminder calendar. Your loved ones (Practice Squad Players) names are entered on your calendar and Harry and David (BLESTO) send you a reminder card to order a seasonal fruit basket for your loved one (sign the player to your active roster) so you're never in danger of being embarassed by forgetting such an important date. :wub: