This team is so !@#$ed.

Can someone please, as a mental exercise, tell me what there is to look forward to on this team? You have a rookie QB who won't get starts because a retard of a head coach wants one more win in a meaningless season. You've got a RB who just flat out mailed it in. You have an OL that is the worst in the league, bar none. You have a defense that can't tackle with a secondary that can't cover. And then there's the coaches and management. To me, this looks like the Hindenburg....Crash and burn.

544570[/snapback]

We can look forward to watching our kickoff receiving team strive for a new record "Most Kickoff returns, single season"

We can look forward to drafting "best available athlete on the board" giving the two headed QB monster Kel-P Loscomb yet another small, but elusive target.

We can look forward to drafting a running back in the mid rounds and after a strong camp and pre-season, keeping him inactive for 14 of 16 games.

We can look forward to the masterfully designed, perfectly executed trick plays on 3rd and 7 that get us 3 yards.

We can look forward to a PC environment at RWS, where all signs sing positive thoughts and bags are used for vomiting rather than as headgear.

So stop being so negative Joe, there are plenty of positives to look forward to, stop being such a negative Nancy!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please, as a mental exercise, tell me what there is to look forward to on this team? You have a rookie QB who won't get starts because a retard of a head coach wants one more win in a meaningless season. You've got a RB who just flat out mailed it in. You have an OL that is the worst in the league, bar none. You have a defense that can't tackle with a secondary that can't cover. And then there's the coaches and management. To me, this looks like the Hindenburg....Crash and burn.

544570[/snapback]

Sounds like a heavy flow day. Probably want to see if the wife has any of them new fangled pads with wings under the sink. The commercial says they really work. Oh, and I hope you're not wearing white.

:blink:

Sounds like a heavy flow day.  Probably want to see if the wife has any of them new fangled pads with wings under the sink. The commercial says they really work.  Oh, and I hope you're not wearing white.

:blink:

544680[/snapback]

Missing the 24-hour daylight, I see :doh:

Here's your answer >>

It's not about you or me or any of the fans.

F the fans. F the W/L record and beyond.

It is all about making money, revenue, profit as a business.

As a business the Bills are fine and making money. As a business the Pirates are fine and making money. Both have losing records but they make a profit and that's good enough. Mark Cuban tried to buy the Pirates and they told him to go away. They like things like they are now.

Ralph Wilson made his runs at the Super Bowl and look what happened. He's too old to do that futile task again in his life. At his age I'll be lucky if someone changees my Depends once every four hours.

Now next question please ...

544570[/snapback]

As a mental exercise, I will tell you what I always tell myself. If we won all the time, it would get boring and the value of winning would diminish. You must lose...and lose badly...to appreciate winning. You can't fully appreciate a 13-3 season if you don't suffer through your share of 3-13s.

There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true, Rudolph.

544570[/snapback]

You can't say you want DOnahoe and Mularkey gone without naming a replacement......sorry, not my policy- just works that way

Can someone please, as a mental exercise, tell me what there is to look forward to on this team?

544570[/snapback]

The team is awesome! Vanek is going to be a star. Drury is the leader we all hoped he'd be. The goaltending is great. They never give up even when they're trailing late in the game!

The Sabres are - .......oh, wait, you were talking about the Bills. Yeah, there's nothing to look forward to. My bad. :blink:

544570[/snapback]

Well, the Bills have no had the #1 Special Teams in the NFL for two years running.... so there is *something*.

JDG

The team is awesome!  Vanek is going to be a star.  Drury is the leader we all hoped he'd be.  The goaltending is great.  They never give up even when they're trailing late in the game!

The Sabres are - .......oh, wait, you were talking about the Bills.  Yeah, there's nothing to look forward to.  My bad.  :doh:

544729[/snapback]

oooh, if only Mandy Moore played for the Bills! :blink:

No but if a Head coach goes to the GM and says, I need a #3 trick WR more then a LT, as the GM I listen.  If the coach says Bledsoe is done, the online problems were the QB's fault, and I can fix it starting the mobile QB and a few more targets, then as a GM you have to listen and go with that.  Now that Mularkey has shown he is totally clueless, the GM has to step in and say, here is the deal and force his opinion on the coaching staff.  Notice that once JP was benched this team started playing well and still had playoff hopes.  Mularkey couldn't get Losman back in there quick enough when Holcomb got hurt.  Yet as we saw the team once again went to the early season losing.  The vets on the team started revolting.  Now that Moulds has his little talk with the owner about the state of the team, the team has Holcomb playing, Moulds is all pro, the line looks better. 

This had to be an edict from on high, whether Ralph or Donahoe I don't know, but this was not a coaching choice.

544651[/snapback]

Well, that's certainly a VA spin on things.

You still haven't addressed how the GM who threw a previous coach under the bus by drafting a player with no knee (at the time) would suddenly acquiesce to 1-yr head coach to draft a mini-me WR (with a mini-me WR already on the team).

In my view the QB carousel points to the coaching staff wanting to keep JP on the bench as much as possible.

I find it hard to believe that a rookie head coach would have the power inside the organization to convince a megolomaniacal GM and a control freak owner to dump a very high priced QB for a very very very raw QB, who was on PUP for 10 weeks of the season.

the bottom line thing that really makes me think MM and his drones and TD need to get out of dodge is the whole QB thing.

they trade for drew, he does great.

they ditch all of his weapons, he does crap

they ditch the old coaches, bring in new ones WITH NO EXPERIENCE and make no real improvements on the line, and only small ones on the weapons. they also extend drew

then they eat a bunch of money to ditch drew and hand over the team to jp, again with no improvement (a step back even!) on the lines.

they never had any idea if they wanted drew or not, or if JP was ready, or who should start out of kelly and jp. they are just horrible horrible coaches/management and have no business being here.

it has been said we shouldn't risk our whole team to let JP learn on the job so he MIGHT be good one day, but the same could be said of mularky and co, especially since he is a moron retard

Positives going forward to next season:

- Special teams (both coverage and return teams) are set

- McGee improving steadily at cb

- Milloy playing well again at SS

- LB corps should be back to good form and Crowell provides excellent depth, if not a potential starter

- Schobel improving steadily

- Tim Anderson improving steadily and will atleast provide good depth.

- Peters developing quickly at tackle. Could/should be steady at LT with his footwork and quickness.

- Reed, Parish, and Evans all playing well.

Questions yet unresolved:

- O-line needs atleast 2 new players (is Preston one of them?)

- Good run-stuffing DT needed

- What will become of Moulds?

- What will become of Clements?

- Will JP take the next step in his development at QB?

If some of those questions get answered, we should see better production from the running game and more time in the pocket for our Qb. This all may be an over-simplification but it is how I look at the future overall for this team.

- LB corps should be back to good form and Crowell provides excellent depth, if not a potential starter

- Peters developing quickly at tackle. Could/should be steady at LT with his footwork and quickness.

If some of those questions get answered, we should see better production from the running game and more time in the pocket for our Qb. This all may be an over-simplification but it is how I look at the future overall for this team.

544767[/snapback]

Get lost. We don't like you intelligent, sensible types here. Only lemmings screaming from the bridge may post.

544767[/snapback]

Reading this was like getting a breath of fresh air after sitting in one of those airport smoking rooms for 15 minutes.

544767[/snapback]

That's good work, but let's not forget the pass rush. Schobel is okay, but the fact that we cannot consistently get pressure on the QB w/out blitzing is very disturbing. We need a stud pass rusher, and if one is available w/ our first round pick, I sure hope that's who we draft. Of course, if both Mario Williams and Mathias Kiwanuka are gone, I hope we look elsewhere.

Reading this was like getting a breath of fresh air after sitting in one of those airport smoking rooms for 15 minutes.

544786[/snapback]

I wasn't aware of the smoking rooms (haven't taken a flight in a long time). Sounds disgusting though, and I'm a smoker :blink:

That's good work, but let's not forget the pass rush.  Schobel is okay, but the fact that we cannot consistently get pressure on the QB w/out blitzing is very disturbing.  We need a stud pass rusher, and if one is available w/ our first round pick, I sure hope that's who we draft.  Of course, if both Mario Williams and Mathias Kiwanuka are gone, I hope we look elsewhere.

544790[/snapback]

I have the same wish as Kelsay to this point seems to have leveled off and is not good enough, and Denney is good but only as a role player. Generating pass rush with blitzing does not bother me in theory, just as long as you get an occasional rush with just the front liners. There are very few (4 teams I can think of off-hand) that have the luxury of getting consistent pressure with no blitz. With that said, I am hoping we're able to find a good rush end in round 2 or 3, because those top 2 guys probably won't be there when we pick.