Call me crazy...

Coach Tuesday

Do you know what football team you are talking about.

We had a TE, 325 pounds, 6' 5"was a terrific special teams player, unstoppable on coverage teams, could run as fast in the 40 as any wide receiver.

What did we do...we draft another TE and turn the potentially greatest weapon we could have had into a tackle and then put our $10M tackle on the bench. Then in gaol line situations we put a tackle (who runs the 40 in 83 minutes) eligible at TE because we wanted to make him feel good.

I am sure if we drafted another TE we would make him a center...

Donahoe must go.

I know, I know.  If we don't draft 28 offensive and defensive linemen this year, d_wag's head is gonna explode.  I hear you - we definitely need to upgrade both lines this offseason.  We need a stud DT, a passrusher to replace Kelsay (I'll say it again:  BUST), and an entirely reconstructed o-line (except for Peters).

That all being said, looks like we'll be picking in the 10-13 spot.  And, that means we'll also have the chance to grab the best pure TE prospect to come out in years:

Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland. 

Incredible size and speed.  Good, willing blocker.  Tough guy.  Great hands.  Can stretch a defense.

Think Antonio Gates, 'cuz that's what he is.

If you ask me, (a) tight end is not a so-called "skill position" (they DO play o-line), and (b) the lack of a reliable tight end has really kept our offense back, especially in the red zone.  And, I also don't think we can expect Everett to return to form - who knows what kind of player he'll be, if he even recovers from his injury.

That's my idea and I'm gonna stick with it - grab a stud like Davis to take this offense to the next level.

544307[/snapback]

I watched alot of Maryland games this year, Vernon Davis is a Beast. He's built like a muscular WR....definitely a pass catcher. Love to see him on the Bills. Cracks me up when Doc Walker refers to him as "Cyborg".

Gabe Watson scould be available when we pick if we beat the Jets.  Definitely an answer for us if we don't get a DT during free agency.

544539[/snapback]

Watson's stock has dropped quite a bit, infact if we lose to the Jets he might be available with our 2nd Round pick.

Incredible size and speed.  Good, willing blocker.  Tough guy.  Great hands.  Can stretch a defense.

544307[/snapback]

I still hope the Bills get Nagata, but Vernon is something special. Any one seen this video?

All-American tape

Amazing stuff for any receiver, let alone a tight end. He's got tree trunks for legs, and simply refuses to go down. He's only 6'3", but he has a 40" vertical.

I still hope the Bills get Nagata, but Vernon is something special. Any one seen this video?

All-American tape

Amazing stuff for any receiver, let alone a tight end. He's got tree trunks for legs, and simply refuses to go down. He's only 6'3", but he has a 40" vertical.

544637[/snapback]

Holy schidtt.

This is the guy I want. I'm sticking to it. WATCH THE VIDEO.

Do you know what football team you are talking about.

We had a TE, 325 pounds,  6' 5"was a terrific special teams player, unstoppable on coverage teams, could run as fast in the 40 as any wide receiver.

What did we do...we draft another TE and turn the potentially greatest weapon we could have had into a tackle and then put our $10M tackle on the bench. Then in gaol line situations we put a tackle (who runs the 40 in 83 minutes) eligible at TE because we wanted to make him feel good.

I am sure if we drafted another TE we would make him a center...

Donahoe must go.

544562[/snapback]

Peters doesn't have great speed for a TE, he ran like a 4.8 at the combine. That's great speed for a OT, which is why he got hyped, but not even good for a TE. And as a TE he was not productive at Arkansas. The guy is a blocker, and a special one.

My favorite catch of his is not on that video clip. It was only like a 15 yard catch but it was at Florida State and Davis caught a short dump off and the FSU defensive player tried to nail him out of bounds. Davis threw him down with one arm like a rag doll and kept running for extra yards carrying defenders.

I know, I know.  If we don't draft 28 offensive and defensive linemen this year, d_wag's head is gonna explode.  I hear you - we definitely need to upgrade both lines this offseason.  We need a stud DT, a passrusher to replace Kelsay (I'll say it again:  BUST), and an entirely reconstructed o-line (except for Peters).

That all being said, looks like we'll be picking in the 10-13 spot.  And, that means we'll also have the chance to grab the best pure TE prospect to come out in years:

If you ask me, (a) tight end is not a so-called "skill position" (they DO play o-line), and (b) the lack of a reliable tight end has really kept our offense back, especially in the red zone.  And, I also don't think we can expect Everett to return to form - who knows what kind of player he'll be, if he even recovers from his injury.

That's my idea and I'm gonna stick with it - grab a stud like Davis to take this offense to the next level.

544307[/snapback]

Your not crazy, if this guy is the best player on the board when the Bills draft then he should be the selection. Outside of Fletcher, the kickers, Schobel, McGee, and Evans, there could be an easy argument to upgrade any of the remaining positions that is how bad this team is.

Peters doesn't have great speed for a TE, he ran like a 4.8 at the combine.  That's great speed for a OT, which is why he got hyped, but not even good for a TE.  And as a TE he was not productive at Arkansas.  The guy is a blocker, and a special one.

544667[/snapback]

I respect your opinion, but have you watched Peters run dwn on kick offs.

There is no way that he is not better than Euhus ans neufeld as a TE for sure.

I respect your opinion, but have you watched Peters run dwn on kick offs.

There is no way that he is not better than Euhus ans neufeld as a TE for sure.

545049[/snapback]

How do those two things correlate? There's a big difference between running downfield to bust a wedge and gaining seperation on a hook. Peters would last about a month if he had to run pass patterns 30 times a game.

How do those two things correlate?  There's a big difference between running downfield to bust a wedge and gaining seperation on a hook. Peters would last about a month if he had to run pass patterns 30 times a game.

545089[/snapback]

That puts him on par w/ the rest of our M*A*S*H* unit, I mean, TE unit.