DON'T fired MM and TD thread

Dr. K

Mularkey may have saved his job yesterday with an inspired and highly unexpected road win vs. Cinci. Ralph will probably promote Modrak to GM with an order to beef up the OL,DL or else.

542629[/snapback]

There you have it - the cheapest and least disruptive alternative. I can see RW going this way.

Ralph will fire TD at the very least.  Wake up, stop dreaming.

A lot of you out of town fans have zero pulse on the marketing end of this team. 47,000 + season tickets were sold this season. About 10,000 of those fans will not renew if some form of a shakeup fails to happen... Then the ticket office has to work that much harder to fill the stadium.

Mularkey may have saved his job yesterday with an inspired and highly unexpected road win vs. Cinci. Ralph will probably promote Modrak to GM with an order to beef up the OL,DL or else.

542629[/snapback]

You're right about my being an out-of-towner and therefore not able to know accurately how the locals who fill the stadium feel. That may be the determining factor here.

I do understand why the team may fire TD and MM, or one and not the other, I'n just not convinced that it's the right move. I want to see more change on the roster, and maybe in defensive strategy, than I necessarily want to dump the management (though I also have never been crazy about the heavy-blitzing Gray defense).

Totally 100% agree Bro...

And I think I've said it a million times now, but those who wish to keep MM, and TD for that matter, are underestimating the risk involved in keeping them and then having another losing Season...You think it's negative within the Bills Fan Base now? Have another losing Season with these two and you'll see what negative truly is... :angry:

542611[/snapback]

Yep - every mistake or problem that occurs will be magnified even more. The press will be licking their chops and fanning the fire. Whatever one may feel about MM/TD, they will have an ever-tougher time earning the benefit of the doubt.

Sports endeavors rely on emotion, but after a while, the combination of rising prices for the product along with a decline in the quality of the product takes a toll.

Granted, there is not much nomad behavior in the NFL, like in the NBA and the NHL, but through the years, several NFL franchises lost the fan's confidence and went through several years of lousy receipts and being the butt of jokes.

Mr. Wilson is taking a dice roll if he keeps the current regime, IMO.

A good coach is a coach who beats the team's he's supposed to, and gets an upset every once in a while on a better team. A la Nick Saban this year with the Dolphins.

Mike Mularkey loses to the teams he's not supposed to lose to. This year, and of course, the Pittsburgh game last year.

This, to me, is the biggest sign that Mularkey is not a good coach.

A good GM is a GM who upgrades the fundamental positions on a football team. He focuses on the areas of a football team that give you the best chance to win - the Offensive and Defensive lines.

Tom Donahoe has neglected the Offensive and Defensive lines in favor of skill positions. In fact, he has hardly done a thing to upgrade the O-line in the 5 years that he has been here.

Tom Donahoe is not a good GM.

Ralph will fire TD at the very least.  Wake up, stop dreaming.

A lot of you out of town fans have zero pulse on the marketing end of this team. 47,000 + season tickets were sold this season. About 10,000 of those fans will not renew if some form of a shakeup fails to happen... Then the ticket office has to work that much harder to fill the stadium.

542629[/snapback]

I get that (although I am out of town). You're probably right in that TD will be fired.

I was just saying that if the goal was to win it in the short term, TD/MM may be the best option.

From a realistic point of view, he probably goes, but I will say that if anyone could market his way out of his own current mess and retain a bunch of season tickets, it is TD. He is very good at that side of the biz. Sign at stud OL, at solid DT and have a good draft.....voila.

if anyone could market his way out of his own current mess and retain a bunch of season tickets, it is TD.  He is very good at that side of the biz.  Sign at stud OL, at solid DT and have a good draft.....voila.

542665[/snapback]

Agreed but he's 2 years too late. In Ralph's eyes, he cut his own throat last April by drafting Parrish and Everett over OL, regardless of their talent level. That may have been his last chance to upgrade the OL . Besides, there is much debate as to how much credit TD deserves for the marketing end of this team. Was it him or Russ Brandon, the 38 year old wiz kid ( V.P. of Business ) ? I hear it may be Russ. If TD leaves, he becomes the Business Pres., leaving the new GM to concentrate on Football.

Signing Gandy, Bennie Anderson and Jermain was equivalent to signing Curley, Larry and Moe.

Ralph is not happy these days.

542629[/snapback]

And if he loses to the 3-11 Jets on the road this week??? He's already lost to the 3-12 Saints & got blown out by the 4-11 Raiders on the road. And those games are just the tip of the iceburg for his dreadful year as HC.

And if he loses to the 3-11 Jets on the road this week??? He's already lost to the 3-12 Saints & got blown out by the 4-11 Raiders on the road. And those games are just the tip of the iceburg for his dreadful year as HC.

542677[/snapback]

Good point.

To me the biggest indicator is the 1-6 record on the road so far. That is inexcusable.

Agreed but he's 2 years too late. In Ralph's eyes, he cut his own throat last April by drafting Parrish and Everett over OL, regardless of their talent level. That may have been his last chance to upgrade the OL . Besides, there is much debate as to how much credit TD deserves for the marketing end of this team. Was it him or Russ Brandon, the 38 year old wiz kid ( V.P. of Business ) ? I hear it may be Russ. If TD leaves, he becomes the Business Pres., leaving the new GM to concentrate on Football.

Signing Gandy, Bennie Anderson and Jermain was equivalent to signing Curley, Larry and Moe.

542675[/snapback]

You can't market without "hype" and you have to admit, there was quite a lot of that going into this year. In fact every year TD has been here.

542677[/snapback]

I agree but we're not talking common sense here. We're talking about Ralph and his mindset.

The only iceburg Ralph cares about is the lettuce he had for dinner.

A good coach is a coach who beats the team's he's supposed to, and gets an upset every once in a while on a better team.  A la Nick Saban this year with the Dolphins.

Mike Mularkey loses to the teams he's not supposed to lose to.  This year, and of course, the Pittsburgh game last year.

This, to me, is the biggest sign that Mularkey is not a good coach.

A good GM is a GM who upgrades the fundamental positions on a football team.  He focuses on the areas of a football team that give you the best chance to win - the Offensive and Defensive lines.

Tom Donahoe has neglected the Offensive and Defensive lines in favor of skill positions.  In fact, he has hardly done a thing to upgrade the O-line in the 5 years that he has been here.

Tom Donahoe is not a good GM.

542651[/snapback]

What did MM accomplish last week?

He improved his stellar W/L vs. Teams with a record above .500 to 4-13...

He improved his W/L record on the Road to 5-10...

Still not good enough... :angry:

So, anyone else want to see MM and TD back next year?  Any conditions that would apply?

542318[/snapback]

I for one kind of like Donahoe... He's a savvy businessman. Mularkey... I like his guts he has, but for soem reason this year, his play calling just didn't work. However for the sake of continuity, and giving people a chance to learn from their mistakes, they ought to be back here at least for next year.

You can't throw somebody under the bus after one rough season, in which we switched to a "rookie" QB. STatistics showed to us that 9 times out of 10 an NFL had a poor year when starting a "rookie" QB.

542675[/snapback]

Well, let's think about this for a moment.

TD trades away a bundle for a 1st round qb. The heart warming and inspiring "training with Wyche" stories are released, and a smurf and a TE are drafted with the top 2 draft picks. Then (thanks for the PM :angry: ), 6,000 more season tickets are sold.

Now, he needs warm bodies on the OL and does sign the "Three Stooges" as you so aptly donned them.

Thank you Mark, my long time friend. You have officially convinced me that TD was FAR more interested in selling tickets than he was in placing a good football team on the field of Ralph Wilson Stadium.

You stated that RW is pissed off about the lack of blocking. Has he made any public statements to this effect?

Thanks Mark, for providing great info and thoughts on a consistant basis. ;)

TD must go!