"It's JP's Team"

Clockwork

I like what I see with the kid. He has weathered a terrible season with some really screwy coaching, being yanked around, and a poor O-line. He still shows promise. I remember watching Clod Tollins and bracing myself. It was obvious from the git go that he was a bust. Other than the San Fran game, RJ, same story. With JP I see the potential for greatness.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he miss most of the season last year?

537553[/snapback]

Yes he did from the broken leg. But the same can be said about any player in any position suffering a broken bone. Didnt Milloy and Vincent miss extensive time last year? Would you say they cant stay healthy?

The point is by putting it that way, you make it seem like he is consistently getting hurt and missing time. For it to be his second season, his first full playing season, and to miss his first game when its week #15, I'd hardly quantify that as "cant stay healthy".

Yes he did from the broken leg. But the same can be said about any player in any position suffering a broken bone. Didnt Milloy and Vincent miss extensive time last year? Would you say they cant stay healthy?

The point is by putting it that way, you make it seem like he is consistently getting hurt and missing time. For it to be his second season, his first full playing season, and to miss his first game when its week #15, I'd hardly quantify that as "cant stay healthy".

537558[/snapback]

Point taken, and I obviously don't think that a starting QB in this league will take every snap for the season.

Maybe wrong choice of words, but still, two seasons and two injuries.

Please for the love of god stop. Jesus Christ could not throw behind this offensive line. I like Losman, the kid is dedicated to winning. He spent the entire summer at TBD and will do the same this year. We all want a quick fix. The drive through mentality has got to end. We forget about much rookie quarterbacks suck. Give the kid some time to prove himself and quit throwing him to the lions. Put him in and let him take the lumps and learn. Hell MM even screwed that up!

537540[/snapback]

His entire summer at TBD? You happen to know who he's posting as? :D:w00t:

Let JP start all 16 games next year.  This team isn't a playoff team and there's no need to sit him on the bench.  By the end of next year we should know what we have and if we need to bring in a QB next offseason to get us over the hump then the move should be made then.

537494[/snapback]

I agree. let him start next year and if he sucks draft brady quinn

Open competition at QB?

I don't know.

I don't like it.

If you want to bring in a new QB fine, but then dump JP.

I shutter when I even think about the QB carousel of Flutie-Johnson.

Personally I like JP. (of coarse I like toe jam).

But there's something about the guy that makes me feel like he's getting it.

I'd go with him as the starter next year.

JP has thrown a few good passes, but he lacks, um, I hate using this word, consistency. In that way, he reminds me of a slower Michael Vick. The problem with Vick is that he's usually not going to beat you by just standing in the pocket. Maybe next year Losman will do a better job of being consistently accurate. Because without that consistency, the only way you're going to score is on a deep bomb to Evans. While I have nothing against deep bombs to Evans, you also need to be able to move the ball down the field with a million small cuts, the way Brady does with the Patriots.

Ill probably get flamed but heres J.P's stats vs., the guy everybody seems to love in NY, Eli Manning's..

J.P (year 2 but first year playing):

games - 9

comp - 114

att - 229

comp % - 49.8%

yards - 1340

y/a - 5.9

td - 8

int - 8

Manning (year 1).....(year 2)

games - 9.....13

comp - 95.....242

att - 197.....461

comp % - 48.2%.....52.5%

yards - 1043.....3128

y/a - 5.3.....6.8

td - 6.....21

int - 9.....15

the reason I bring manning up is because he was the best comming out of the draft last year....manning had a better 0-line last year than J.P has this year but yet J.P looks better in some areas and the same in others...if J.P can go from his numbers to what manning in doing this year I think he'll be great...we have the tools to win on this team but its not a full toolbox and the tools are a mess...IF buffalo gets the right personel in here next year and can get the right positions fixed next year J.P will be on his way to being a probowl(hopefully superbowl) player..ok thats wishful thinking but I say stay with J.P..the question is who do we replace mathews with or even holcomb with next year?

I am sure I'll probably be ripped for this, but I really don't like Losman as the cornerstone to build around.  He has 1 win this season, against the worst team in football, was yanked for a journeyman backup, can't stay healthy, can't complete more than 2 passes in a row, etc....

"It's JP's team".  Why?  Has the guy won over his players?  Certainly not Eric Moulds.  Why not entertain a FA QB?  What confuses me is that there are guys with even less experience and less talent around them that are at very least giving their teams a chance to win.  Example - Charlie Frye, to a lesser extent Brooks Bollinger (he had a very good game yesterday if you watched).

I honestly feel that a new GM will agree with what I am saying.  Don't give up on the kid at all, but we shouldn't just hand him the franchise when he has proven NOTHING.

Thoughts?

537471[/snapback]

Not really much to add except, let's get the facts straight. It was JP who helped win the KC game. Holcomb was the starter, but it was JP who threw the 2 scores that led to the win. Saw the same stat on ESPN during the Denver game, but again, JP was the QB or record for that win. The only thing Holcomb did during that game was sit on the bench and mumble over and over, "I'm Batman".

I think that Drew would have given us a better chance to win. 

He did it last year with the virtually the same offense.

537552[/snapback]

Yeah, 9-7 would be just great wouldnt it? Also, open your eyes, our Defense isnt top 2 or 3 and our special teams has not returned anything for a TD. Our Defense hasnt either I dont think.

TD would be back and so would our problems. We are better off suffering right now.

did you happen to see drews stats..although he has a good amount of yards and his td # is good...his fumbleitis is killing him..most qbs have like 6-10 fumbles at most he has 16..ouch!! oh and has lost most of them...ouch!!ouch!!

Ill probably get flamed but heres J.P's stats vs., the guy everybody seems to love in NY, Eli Manning's..

J.P (year 2 but first year playing):

games - 9

comp - 114

att - 229

comp % - 49.8%

yards - 1340

y/a - 5.9

td - 8

int - 8

Manning (year 1).....(year 2)

games - 9.....13

comp - 95.....242

att - 197.....461

comp % - 48.2%.....52.5%       

yards - 1043.....3128             

y/a - 5.3.....6.8

td - 6.....21

int - 9.....15

the reason I bring manning up is because he was the best comming out of the draft last year....manning had a better 0-line last year than J.P has this year but yet J.P looks better in some areas and the same in others...if J.P can go from his numbers to what manning in doing this year I think he'll be great...we have the tools to win on this team but its not a full toolbox and the tools are a mess...IF buffalo gets the right personel in here next year and can get the right positions fixed next year J.P will be on his way to being a probowl(hopefully superbowl) player..ok thats wishful thinking but I say stay with J.P..the question is who do we replace mathews with or even holcomb with next year?

537751[/snapback]

How DARE you bring season's statistics to back up your argument?!!!! :blush:

I did the same thing in another post to show the Evans bashers that in comparison to Eric Mould's first two years - he's a much better receiver than Moulds was at that point in his career.

I'm hoping we're both right over the long haul. ;)

Word out of Bills camp is that JP could have started on Sat night. He was not injured enough to sit out. If he really wanted to play he would have played and the coaches used his "injury" as a partial excuse to start KH.

There will be an open competition at QB next year. If JP starts he will have earned it.